Jermaine Dupri At Sway In The Morning

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
edited April 2014 in The Reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBYGmfEBQ-c

smh @ the reason for not having him in the tournament, he's atleast top 10 or 15 of alltime.

Comments

• Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Watch Money Ain't A Thang Jay-Z JD That Is All
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he never got those accolades is because he made his money off kiddie acts and r&b groups. like dude above me said he never backed a reputable emcee.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt watch, but I put 'Live and Die For Hip Hop' up against your all time favorite hip hop instrumental.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JD gotta be the most underrated producer in hip hop history and I think its all because he never had his Biggie, his JayZ, his Eminem and etc.

But neither did Pharell and Timbo so I dunno..

Bow Wow? Lol
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JD gotta be the most underrated producer in hip hop history and I think its all because he never had his Biggie, his JayZ, his Eminem and etc.

He has Mariah ? Carey

He's been working with her since 94 so you know he's stacking cause most of the tracks he produced went #1 and those Albums went to sell over 120Million world wide
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

He has Mariah ? Carey

He's been working with her since 94 so you know he's stacking cause most of the tracks he produced went #1 and those Albums went to sell over 120Million world wide
    You and Killa_Cham need to fight for your divas in a rap battle. Thats all.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    true but he rocked with many from Jayz to Nas ... you gotta keep in mind that JD was promoting south artist ... and as far as reputable .... how many reputable southern artist have came out period !! ijs its like you can count them on 1 hand LOL !!!!!!! TI, OutKast, Goodie Mobb, Scarface, Lil Wayne ... LOL !!!!! ijs !!!!!!!! and no disrespect to anyone not mentioned alot of dudes still got some to alot of road to cover before they can make that list !! and alot of dudes will never ever make it !!!!!! lol and im talking about artist that can do more than make a catchy record or club hit ... and i cant include luda cause he not really from the south ... but if anyone i left off he can be up on that list ... but its still a very short list compared to the overload of southern artist out there ....
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    The ? that ? JD up is that he doesnt have any classic rap albums that he's produced, eventhough I ? with 1472 heavy. He kills everybody rnb wise, he's wrote and produced worldwide classics. But ? like Dre,Kanye,Rza have multiple classic rap albums, I dont think they have any classic rnb albums tho. Timbaland kind of falls in the same category as JD, he has multiple classic rnb albums but no classic rap albums he's fully produced, now I see why he wants to produce a full jayz album so bad.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

He has Mariah ? Carey

You and Killa_Cham need to fight for your divas in a rap battle. Thats all.

Cham don't want that work I stay bodying his threads about nicki
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What classic rap album (not a single, but album) does Timbaland have under his belt but he gets a pass? JD needs his respect for what he's done in RnB period.... his pen game alone should make him a legend....
  • antarticp
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    The ? that ? JD up is that he doesnt have any classic rap albums that he's produced, eventhough I ? with 1472 heavy. He kills everybody rnb wise, he's wrote and produced worldwide classics. But ? like Dre,Kanye,Rza have multiple classic rap albums, I dont think they have any classic rnb albums tho. Timbaland kind of falls in the same category as JD, he has multiple classic rnb albums but no classic rap albums he's fully produced, now I see why he wants to produce a full jayz album so bad.

tru but it goes back to what i was saying ... the caliber of artist ... Timbo falls in that same lane as JD because of the caliber of artist they personaly work with would never be on that "credible" list ... ie Magoo and Missy ????? lol ijs !!!!! If timbo worked with the Clipse or lets say J Cole like he did magoo and missy .... Timbo would be on a whole other level ... IJS when JD and Timbo collabs with a more authentic artist they make magic ... ie ... when they worked with Jayz ........ even when they worked with Nas it didnt have the same impact as Jayz but it was more credible than doing the track with lets say Kriss Kross .... and @ times nas was hit or miss strickly because the music they made wasnt nessarily his lane .....

but trust if timbo and jd worked with more authentic lyrical rappers you couldnt question thier greatness ... but because they worked with artist who where more inclined to making club catchy records vs telling authentic stories that not only peopple could dance to but also relate too ...... some people sit here and question thier abilities ....

Its like no one will question Premo as far as production goes simply cause who he worked with ... but when you think HIT records and mainstream hits you gotta pull Premo out that equations and bring in guys like JD and Timbo .........

levels

lol

• _Goldie_
    Options
    That goes back to them having most of their success with rnb artist. You cant say JD hasnt worked with credible artist when mariah and usher are 2 of the biggest artist of alltime. Its more so to do with them not making classic rap albums. When we say hiphop producer we mainly think of rap albums.Both JD and Timbo are still fairly young, they still have time to work with a rapper thats capable of making a classic.
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Jd should've signed luda or tip before they blew
  • antarticp
    Options
    That goes back to them having most of their success with rnb artist. You cant say JD hasnt worked with credible artist when mariah and usher are 2 of the biggest artist of alltime. Its more so to do with them not making classic rap albums. When we say hiphop producer we mainly think of rap albums.Both JD and Timbo are still fairly young, they still have time to work with a rapper thats capable of making a classic.

when i say credible im specifically talking hip hop artist ... i was assuming cats didnt think he measured up based on that ... but if we are including his RNB credit then we need to close this thread cause with those accolades included JD is unquestion and imo open > DR DRE & Timbo PREMO etc !!!!!!!!!!!
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Yea you have to include rnb into the equation imo. I like Timbo better but I can make a good argument that JD's the better producer, and definitely a better producer than the neptunes. Dre , Rza, and Kanye have multiple classic rap albums that theyve produced so itll be kind of hard to prove how JD's the better producer, a strong argument can still be made tho.
  • antarticp
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yea you have to include rnb into the equation imo. I like Timbo better but I can make a good argument that JD's the better producer, and definitely a better producer than the neptunes. Dre , Rza, and Kanye have multiple classic rap albums that theyve produced so itll be kind of hard to prove how JD's the better producer, a strong argument can still be made tho.

say no more i agree 100% ... jd trendsended time and musical genres ... not many producers can say that .... hip hop producers that is ... in addition ... JD WRITES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and WROTE for most of those artist from Da Brat to Mariah ... Did Dr Dre write on any of those MJB projects ???? or any of his own verses hooks etc.... lol .... when you get to the meat and potatoes of the situation aint too many in hip hop stacking up against JD ... salute ... and funny thing is he isnt my favorite producer either ... LOL !!! .. my faves are more like Pete Rock and Havoc ....
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? is capin for Jermaine Dupri now? When did we start doing that?

And since was he ever on the level of The Neptunes or Timbaland, becuz he produced for Mariah Carey?

Stahp it

The Clipes are reputable eMCees. And since we're couting R&B work then we have to admit that Missy is a credible eMCee. Yall just weren't really 'in there' to bask in her era.

And Jay-Z & Timbaland are an official duo and have been since 1996/1997 - basically since Jay AND Tim first came out so that argument is dead. ? even did an entire album together.

Anything The Neptunes or Timbaland has done with Jay (or anybody for that matter) is better than anything he's done with JD. I don't even see the debate here. Why, becuz of Mariah Carey? Foh

• MoneyLuver
    Options
    Dr. Dre had basically Ja Rule'd JD's career. That's why ? stopped checkin for JD altogether.

Let alone the fact that he was never being checked for like that anyway. I remember everybody first poppin off like it was yesterday. Missy, Bow Wow, ClIpse, etc etc
  • MoneyLuver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The "JD era" literally consisted of nothing but R&B-Rap that ? hated.

For a while he was the main culprit of ushering in R&B-Rap. Literally the only people who liked JD records were chicks and children into Lil Bow Wow.

But at the same time he was still being outshined by the likes of Dr. Dre, Timbaland, & The Neptunes. JD tried to get out of his lane and he got bodied viciously.

Sure "Money Ain't A Thing" was blasting everywhere and everybody ? wIth "Welcome To Atlanta". But that was it. ? hated JD foreal. That's not to take away what he accomplished, id trade lives with him. But ? hated that ? man.
  • _Goldie_
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Bruh........................

Mariah is the highest selling female artist of alltime, thats not something to sneeze at. Usher is one of the biggest artist of alltime and dropped the best rnb album in the past 20 years or so that JD wrote and produced, thats nothing to sneeze at . And you bring up the clipse? smh
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    I get that but r u "sneezing" at Missy, what about Jay-Z?

Are you downplaying Eminem's career, or what about those hits Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes had?

I remember those times like yesterday. U couldn't turn on the radio, the tv, or buy an album without The Neptunes on it.

You aren't actually being serious right? U aren't actually saying that just becuz JD has Mariah Carey and Usher under his belt that he's on the same level as ? who've literally been in the game 20+ years and has literally done everything JD's done times 10 and has keep that consistent year in and year out.

Pharrell has the biggest record out Now and Last Year - on an international level at that. Dr. Dre is filthy rich off of his $150+ headphones and let alone EmInem, Timbaland has always remained successful with Jay-Z or Justin Timberlake.

Am I being trolled or are you being serious? U mean to say becuz JD struck gold twice (or four times depending on how u look at it) that that's better than striking Uranium & Diamond 8, 9, 10, 11+ times without any signs of stopping? Who was your Math teacher in Elementary School?