lol this ? is sad
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    The old combs don't point to any particular racial groups. Whites and Arabs also use combs.

I believe the ancient Egyptians were a mixed society of blacks and Arabs. I don't believe they looked like Brad Pitt at all.

The length of the teeth in The combs , indicates that the hair it was intended was thick, And bushy, Like an afro.
    You know the ? the average blaCk person grow......

This isn't a surprise. National Geographic has an article on the Black Pharoahs who ruled Egypt, even for those who don't believe Black people in Egypt were a big influence (the ignorant)

4f108f26a03c3_170546n.jpg
    Peep game.
    That ? is very disrespectful.
    Blacks didnt conquer egypt. ThEY!!!!! conquered Egypt .
    Blacks founded, establish, created Egypt. The forbearers.

Yea, that cover is ? . Writing "Black Pharoahs" implies that the regular Pharoahs were non-black. Its like in Europe. Would you write "White King"? No, because that would imply that the other kings weren't white. ? . Ancient Egypt was a Black civilization.

Quick Timeline:
    3500 B.C. - People started settling in Egypt
    2600 B.C. - Pyramid of Giza was built
    1700 B.C. - First outside group (The Hyskos) invaded Egypt
    1600 B.C. - The Hyskos were banished from Egypt after one century of rule
    1600 B.C. - Amhose united Upper and Lower Egypt after kicking out the Hyskos
    1500 B.C. - Hatshepsut became Pharoah
    1400 B.C. - King Tut became Pharaoah
    1100 B.C. - Upper and Lower Egypt split
    800 B.C. - Nubians took control of Egypt
    700 B.C. - Assyrians attacked Egypt
    525 B.C. - Persians attacked Egypt
    332 B.C. - Greece/Alexander The Great conquered Egypt

100 B.C. - Cleopatra died (30 B.C.) and Rome took control of Egypt (31 B.C.)
    642 AD - Arabs seize control of Egypt.

Okay, so let's tally that up.

Africans controlled Egypt for 2800 years (3500 BC to 700 BC).
    Europeans/Arab controlled Egypt for 2700 years (700 BC - Present).

So ask yourself why they never mention the earlier periods? Why do they always focus on the later periods like Cleopatra/Ptolemaic Era?

Alot of people like to use the Arabs conquering Egypt in 642 AD as a marker as to when Blacks lost control but, I think Egypt was already too mixed by then. I like to use 700 B.C. because that's when the waves of attacks started (first the Assyrians, then the Persians, then the Greeks and Romans) and I'm sure with each attack, there was racial mixing, diluting the blackness of the people.

With that said.......from 3500 B.C. to 700 B.C. is 2800 years. Only Egyptians were in Egypt. Only Blacks. That's a long ass time. For comparison, England has only been a country for 1000 years. America has only been a country for 300 years. So when someone tells you Ancient Egypt was white/mixed, ask them how that was the case when there was no record of anyone else being in the region until 2800 years after people first settled. See what they say.

Lastly, Egyptians said they came from Punt. The way the Ancient Greeks thought Mount Olympus was the home of their Greek gods, the Egyptians called Punt their ancestral homeland. "? 's Land", "Land of the Gods/Ancestors", "Holy Land". Punt is Ethiopia.

Science tells us that East Africa (specifically Ethiopia) was the origin of man. It would make sense for man to spread out along the Nile River after leaving East Africa, settling civilizations like Kush/Nubia and Yam along the way, before reaching the top of the continent and finding the fertile lands that would become Egypt. Science is only corroborating what the Ancient Egyptians tried to tell you. Its also very hilarious to me that the mummies of Tut, Ramses III and the rest of Tut's family clustered most heavily with East Africans. The answer's right there in their face.

image.jpg
    [img][/img]01_history_chiefdoms.jpg

Just clarifying the actual dates of the Persian and Greek conquests. Surprised someone didn't use some pseudo-historical timeline and admitted that there was a difference between the Ptolemies( Cleopatra) and the more ancient egyptians on this board though. Bronze Age Egypt is always more interesting than the later dynasties of Greeks and Persians.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Excellence
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope pic pic's
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    There's a segment of white society that actually believes that the Egyptians were Europeans who built the pyramids with black slaves
    Don't know if y'all know that...
    And then there's whites who think aliens built the pyramids in Africa and Mexico.... anything but brown and black excellence

Preach! Even in today's world its alot of things that people of afrikan decent created and people(black) dont even know it or care.Thats why i find absolutely nothing wrong with anything pro-black.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DEAD @ *INb4 the moors*

? ? lol
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So let me get this right Cleopatra last name really was Jones wow...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    The old combs don't point to any particular racial groups. Whites and Arabs also use combs.

I believe the ancient Egyptians were a mixed society of blacks and Arabs. I don't believe they looked like Brad Pitt at all.

U ain't sayin ? now huh?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kontakz. wrote: »
    Maalik wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »

The length of the teeth in The combs , indicates that the hair it was intended was thick, And bushy, Like an afro.
    You know the ? the average blaCk person grow......

This isn't a surprise. National Geographic has an article on the Black Pharoahs who ruled Egypt, even for those who don't believe Black people in Egypt were a big influence (the ignorant)

Peep game.
    That ? is very disrespectful.
    Blacks didnt conquer egypt. ThEY!!!!! conquered Egypt .
    Blacks founded, establish, created Egypt. The forbearers.

Yea, that cover is ? . Writing "Black Pharoahs" implies that the regular Pharoahs were non-black. Its like in Europe. Would you write "White King"? No, because that would imply that the other kings weren't white. ? . Ancient Egypt was a Black civilization.

Quick Timeline:
    3500 B.C. - People started settling in Egypt
    2600 B.C. - Pyramid of Giza was built
    1700 B.C. - First outside group (The Hyskos) invaded Egypt
    1600 B.C. - The Hyskos were banished from Egypt after one century of rule
    1600 B.C. - Amhose united Upper and Lower Egypt after kicking out the Hyskos
    1500 B.C. - Hatshepsut became Pharoah
    1400 B.C. - King Tut became Pharaoah
    1100 B.C. - Upper and Lower Egypt split
    800 B.C. - Nubians took control of Egypt
    700 B.C. - Assyrians attacked Egypt
    600 B.C. - Persians attacked Egypt
    400 B.C. - Greece/Alexander The Great conquered Egypt
    100 B.C. - Cleopatra died (30 B.C.) and Rome took control of Egypt (31 B.C.)
    642 AD - Arabs seize control of Egypt.

Okay, so let's tally that up.

Africans controlled Egypt for 2800 years (3500 BC to 700 BC).
    Europeans/Arab controlled Egypt for 2700 years (700 BC - Present).

So ask yourself why they never mention the earlier periods? Why do they always focus on the later periods like Cleopatra/Ptolemaic Era?

Alot of people like to use the Arabs conquering Egypt in 642 AD as a marker as to when Blacks lost control but, I think Egypt was already too mixed by then. I like to use 700 B.C. because that's when the waves of attacks started (first the Assyrians, then the Persians, then the Greeks and Romans) and I'm sure with each attack, there was racial mixing, diluting the blackness of the people.

With that said.......from 3500 B.C. to 700 B.C. is 2800 years. Only Egyptians were in Egypt. Only Blacks. That's a long ass time. For comparison, England has only been a country for 1000 years. America has only been a country for 300 years. So when someone tells you Ancient Egypt was white/mixed, ask them how that was the case when there was no record of anyone else being in the region until 2800 years after people first settled. See what they say.

Lastly, Egyptians said they came from Punt. The way the Ancient Greeks thought Mount Olympus was the home of their Greek gods, the Egyptians called Punt their ancestral homeland. "? 's Land", "Land of the Gods/Ancestors", "Holy Land". Punt is Ethiopia.

Science tells us that East Africa (specifically Ethiopia) was the origin of man. It would make sense for man to spread out along the Nile River after leaving East Africa, settling civilizations like Kush/Nubia and Yam along the way, before reaching the top of the continent and finding the fertile lands that would become Egypt. Science is only corroborating what the Ancient Egyptians tried to tell you. Its also very hilarious to me that the mummies of Tut, Ramses III and the rest of Tut's family clustered most heavily with East Africans. The answer's right there in their face.

image.jpg
    [img][/img]01_history_chiefdoms.jpg

eyo hit a ? with some sources so i can have a reference when i son people

You should copp and read destruction of the black civilization by Chancellor Williams
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...or this:

introduction-to-african-civilizations-john-g-jackson-skoolhaze1.jpg

He goes into great detail about the African genesis and progression of civilization.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? ...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post from a ? about the white washing of African history

Let’s not get too adamant about the Egyptians being African. If you will take a look at their own representations of themselves, whether the stylized artwork of the Old and Middle Kingdoms or the more realistic approaches of the Amarna Period (think of the famed bust of Nefertiti; as a matter of fact, there is a startling resemblance between Nefertiti and Angeline Jolie), you will see that it is perfectly justifiable to cast Caucasian actors in ancient Egyptian roles.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let’s not get too adamant about the Egyptians being African. If you will take a look at their own representations of themselves, whether the stylized artwork of the Old and Middle Kingdoms or the more realistic approaches of the Amarna Period (think of the famed bust of Nefertiti; as a matter of fact, there is a startling resemblance between Nefertiti and Angeline Jolie), you will see that it is perfectly justifiable to cast Caucasian actors in ancient Egyptian roles.

i was about to flag this...then I remembered u didnt say that madness....
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people are mutants from the caves of Europe
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol Funny he says she looks like the one white woman in the world with natural "? lips."
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “lets not get adamant about Egyptians being African"

After reading that first line you know its about to be some white ?

1.Egyptians are Africans
    2.All blacks don't have the same features... west Africans east Africans
    3.they say their not sure of the race of kings and queens (even though it can be proven) so they just make them white...as if that's the default African race