Marlon Wayans On Tupac: "He Wasn't Real Gangster, But He Acted Gangster"

Options

Comments

• Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    "and every breath I breathe until the moment I'm deceased'll be another moment ballin' as a G" - 2pac
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    What a suprise. 2pac was a fake, in term of hip-hop & the hoods definition of a fake is no? But i guess not since its post death 2pac? LMAO fame is a ? i tell ya..

2pac was not better/worse than the rest of the rappers so think about that before yall go critize them for the same ? yall praise post death 2pac for.

2pac was a fake. Thats bottom line. He was not a thug, gangsta, revolutionary or nada. Just a very talented artist/actor who came from the hood and had his struggles like ALL OF US HAVE. But make those same excuses for EVERYBODY since yall wanna make excuses for him.

Fake reality tv version of the street fanatics be like; "but he shot a cop though", like that makes you a gangsta/thug. Sound like some 15 year old "i hate cops, im so cool" ? . Allegedly he wasnt even the one who pulled it. But even if they were undercover that he barely knew it. But the point is werent people saying Gucci aint a gangster for pulling a gun in self defense? LMAO the hypocrisy. Busting a gun does not mean you a thug/gangsta.

2pac was like i said just an artist. Thats it. Impressionable kid who wanted to fit in so he did whatever to. You could see it, but he also admited it constantly. So when concious rap was poppin - he was the concious MC New York talking and rapping in his NY accent.

When gangsta rap & West Coast hip-hop popped - all of a sudden he was claiming Oakland & the Westcoast MORE THAN BEFORE - which he only lived in since 17 or so & got in the game with Digital Underground around that same age - and busting slugs & getting gun tattoos.

So dont try to flip it. According to EVERYONES DEFINITION hes a fake, a poser. Thats final. He was not a thug/gangsta/revolutionary or nada. Thats just facts. Deal with it.
  • awwwwwwwwwww
    awwwwwwwwwww Members Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he was always an actor and an entertainer
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wasn't a gangster but ? love to try to rewrite history.

I guess that's a trend nowadays
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    What a suprise. 2pac was a fake, in term of hip-hop & the hoods definition of a fake is no? But i guess not since its post death 2pac? LMAO fame is a ? i tell ya..

2pac was not better/worse than the rest of the rappers so think about that before yall go critize them for the same ? yall praise post death 2pac for.

2pac was a fake. Thats bottom line. He was not a thug, gangsta, revolutionary or nada. Just a very talented artist/actor who came from the hood and had his struggles like ALL OF US HAVE. But make those same excuses for EVERYBODY since yall wanna make excuses for him.

Fake reality tv version of the street fanatics be like; "but he shot a cop though", like that makes you a gangsta/thug. Sound like some 15 year old "i hate cops, im so cool" ? . Allegedly he wasnt even the one who pulled it. But even if they were undercover that he barely knew it. But the point is werent people saying Gucci aint a gangster for pulling a gun in self defense? LMAO the hypocrisy. Busting a gun does not mean you a thug/gangsta.

2pac was like i said just an artist. Thats it. Impressionable kid who wanted to fit in so he did whatever to. You could see it, but he also admited it constantly. So when concious rap was poppin - he was the concious MC New York talking and rapping in his NY accent.

When gangsta rap & West Coast hip-hop popped - all of a sudden he was claiming Oakland & the Westcoast MORE THAN BEFORE - which he only lived in since 17 or so & got in the game with Digital Underground around that same age - and busting slugs & getting gun tattoos.

So dont try to flip it. According to EVERYONES DEFINITION hes a fake, a poser. Thats final. He was not a thug/gangsta/revolutionary or nada. Thats just facts. Deal with it.

What makes a rapper real though? I agree with most of what you said about the double standards. Also, Pac claimed Oakland his entire career. There's not one single recording or interview between 91-96 where he ever claimed NY. He stated repping it harder in 95 and 96....everything before that was "straight out the O" Oakland this and Oakland that", but a lot of it was unreleased.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the purpose of trying to prove he's a wanksta?

but 50 Cent is gangster right foo?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    lmao...if you didn't grow up hard, you are not going to ah city like oakland and fittin in...2pac said he didn't learn about "the game" until he hit oakland...? oakland is ah hustlin ass city...and "the game" is ah hustlers lifestyle...a lot of people from hoods move to other hoods and get hipped to the game; for example, a lot of ? pimps back in the day, was born in the country in the south, and didn't get hipped to ? ? until they hit big cities; it was always in them, they just needed ah chemical reaction to activate the ism...

and so what he went to ah art school...a lot of ? from the hood who are smart, get sent to special schools outside the hood, ? hood schools ain't ? ...a lot of ? in the hood who good at sports get sent to them high class schools and ? ...

but i'm Mista EM, and my career is the game...self employed mack....chuuch...

The fact that people try to use that against 2Pac, or any rapper, is ? up to tell the truth. How you clown somebody for being talented enough to go to a school that can help them hone their craft?

• Ear2DaSt
    Options
    art school is where gangsters should go.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Pac wasn't fake though.Pac didn't start talking that direct G ? until ? shot him

To say Pac wasn't revolutionary is silly.We all know his past.He came from Panthers and through rap gained a platform to speak about his life and ppl like him.He did all types of little things for ppl that didn't make the news and did speeches,charity

And yes it does say something about him that he got to bussin the strap to save another black man from 2 dudes attacking him.He says he's far from talk,he's active about saving black ppl...literally

He wasn't all of a sudden claiming Oakland.By that time he had been there a few yrs.

From The ppl I know who knew him and ppl who were his friends for real they vouch for him.

They all say Pac was a leader in real life and was a livewire,a genius,a good dude,a little crazy
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't think Pac's A thug/gangsta..like I said I think He was A outspoken rebel with a big mouth and A quick temper...But to use "He's smart or He was A performance arts kid" as ammo for your point to why you don't think he was A gangsta shows ignorance..
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marlon Wayans wasn't a real ? , but he acted like a ? .
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marlon wears skirts.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    you can't see this ? and not see the G in pac
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIFmTSCAlMA

That's probably my favorite interview.

That ? was turnt up in 96 & he had a reason to be
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This thread is so off base. Pac was living in absolute squaller and bounced from home to home as a youth. I know personally families that took him in when his mother wasn't able to support him.

He moved to a hood he was not from and still earned respect from local gangsters and sold drugs small time for a period before the music thing popped off.

He carried guns and on numerous occasions showed he was prepared to use it.

Came from Poverty. check
    Rolled with gangsters. check
    Sold drugs. check
    Busts his guns. check

What makes him not gangster again?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If pac ain't a G or at the last one of the realest ? to pick up a mic y'all gonna have to give me an example of a rapper you would consider a G cuz I'm sure pac's resume would hold up to anybody you could name
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    let's just say some rappers have a slight edge over others.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'I have no fear, only ambition, and these nggas is a threat...in jail ibtokd mydelf, REMEMBER this lack of compassion...I have no mercy'

With hindsight we now know, that ? wasnt empty words. He had the money, guns, goons, and reach to put bite behind those words. He was a G. Real recognize real, if you dont see it...you either a young ngga or just a grown lil ngga.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    'I have no fear, only ambition, and these nggas is a threat...in jail ibtokd mydelf, REMEMBER this lack of compassion...I have no mercy'

With hindsight we now know, that ? wasnt empty words. He had the money, guns, goons, and reach to put bite behind those words. He was a G. Real recognize real, if you dont see it...you either a young ngga or just a grown lil ngga.

Suge had the money. Pac died relatively "broke" considering the money he brought in especially during his short time on Death Row. This thread does prove though that too many got the movie/music video version of gangsta in their heads too much though. Some ? think unless you out here bodying ? like Wee Bay and Chris you can't be "gangsta"
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Man its too many quotes in that interview

That interview was dope ass hell.

• Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marlon and his brother be ? ? on some suspect ? .
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL! Pac soldiers mad as hell. LOL @ Palmolive hands.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    aint no Marlon fanatic.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

Real talk.Look at these lames in here "Bu bu but pac was homeless and hungry!!!!, HE did sell drugs" He shot 2 cops!!!!!!!" He IS gangsta

Foh aint no ? who went to arts school and did shakespeare plays + took ballet gangsta.He was an actor who got caught up in his own persona and got blammed.End of story.You can tell these geeks aint from the hood or actual been around ? who put in work
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited April 2014
    Options
    just like the other kat said then name who you consider gangsta?
    gangsta is an over used and misunderstood term.
    gangster is a term that may mean something a lil different from state to state.
    You don't see me throwing around the term.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

Real talk.Look at these lames in here "Bu bu but pac was homeless and hungry!!!!, HE did sell drugs" He shot 2 cops!!!!!!!" He IS gangsta

Foh aint no ? who went to arts school and did shakespeare plays + took ballet gangsta.He was an actor who got caught up in his own persona and got blammed.End of story.You can tell these geeks aint from the hood or actual been around ? who put in work

people like you fall victim to con artist very easy

People like you are dickriders who's opinions are irrelevant to reality