Spin-off Thread: When will the Millenials step up and Claim the Crown?

Options
MoneyLuver
MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
How many 90's representers from yesteryear are going to ? on us before we fight back?

How many tiny East Asian ? are going to play on the general population's ignorance to Rap music by disregarding what's out there that's really really good and in some cases classic/vintage?

How many bloggers on popular Forums are we gonna let escape from gettin shot becuz they refuse to acknowledge or do their homework on today's stars and their craft?

How long are we gonna downplay Southern greats like Lil' Wayne & La Chat just becuz they come from the South and they don't fit the typical Eastcoast 90's Rapper mould? (The look, The sound, & The tech!ec).

How long are we going to let our commercial hits be downplayed and forgotten just becuz its an accepted form of Hate to be displeased with mainstream Radio & TV?

How long are we going to lump all of our Artists and Songs together instead of separating the different sub-genres accordingly?

How long are we going to pretend that Trinidad James was wrong or that it was just "his" opinion when he made those comments about Atlanta?

How long are we going to pretend that The South hasn't always been the soundtrack to the entire globe since before Hip Hop was even thought of and that it isn't going to stop and that Rap music isn't any different?

How long are we going to let outsiders and un-active eMCees have equal say in the culture and in the music? And that's not to say that we shouldn't listen to them but why should they get an equal meal out of the kitchen if they aren't putting anything in the refrigerator and it isnt their house...

How long are we going to tolerate the disrespect and disregard for Rap and Rappers from the Millennial? Why should we act like we aren't our own worst enemy and that over-critisizing can only lead to destruction from within. Biggie was no more lyrically etherous than 2 Chainz but yet we gotta act like Big is ? -Status becuz he dropped 3 debatable classic LPs before he transitioned (RIP Mr. Wallace)?

How long are we going to give Andre 3000 a pass for pioneering homosexuality in Hip Hop and not only that but saying he's one of the GOATs when he barely has a catalogue compared to legends like Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, or Jay-Z? I'm all for quality over quantity but gah-damn, he's the male version of Lauren Hill

How long are we going to keep the classic mixtapes in the dark and not treat them with the same respect or Ear becuz they gave it out for free and didn't sell it? This isn't 2002 anymore, ? been stopped Rappin over otha ? instrumentals. Nobody does that anymore, wtf have u been listening to? Are you aware that I can literally download a retail album just as easy and free as I can a non-retail album. Its 2014, how come u old ? don't wanna adjust for that, r yall scared its too much rawness for yall to handle becuz it embodies the definition of Underground?

My millenials when are we going to rebel and have a full out war with these critics? How long are we going to wait until we claim whats rightfully ours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TIIu9CERgI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLcU-hVyeW4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Comments

• MoneyLuver
    Options

Shut your ? ass up trollin ass wild ? . U kno I'm right and that's why u popped off like a sassy ass ? with a thumb up her ? tryna show off.

Its bloggers like u with no credibility or credentials iz who I'm talkin about. U don't deserve the right to delegate the culture if all u r iz a vulture
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    ?

• MoneyLuver
    Options
    Its just like I thot. The older generation is intimidated by our strengths. We're gettin too strong for these ? .
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    I thot.

You said it ..
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    When will these older ? admit that they got the Larry Holmes syndrome and pass the spotlight?

My generations have been open to admitting that we've needed their help (and in some cases still do) but how come they won't admit that they need ours?

How come the older generation won't admit that a lot of ? that came out in the 90s and 80s should STAY in that time?

Why can't we praise all eras of Hip Hop equally?

How come if u don't confine to a certain artists music from the 80s or 90s then you're labeled a troll, hipster, or too young to know about it even if you were there for the most part and u don't skateboard or wear skinny jeans and hair dye?

Why is there always a power struggle between the OG's and The G's? Do the OG's feel threatened?

How come its such a bad thing to be honest and say that some things don't sound as good as they used to?

Is Generation X & Before turning into Generation C. Deloris Tucker & Generation Calvin Butts?
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Some ? wanna hold on every last second they can.

Its such a shame for some of them to not bow out gracefully.

How can we disown Chief Keef and Fredo but idolize Kool G Rap and Bun B *all of whom I adore*
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Why is it cool to diss Soulja Boy & not diss Kriss Kross?

Something about that doesn't sound right
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Obviously ? know I'm right that's why they resort to childish disses that only Hipsters live by.

I mean I know there's no counter-argument but that doesn't mean we have to act our shoe size now does it?

• ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the older generation isnt intimidated by 'yall strength'. simply because newniggas are highly lacking in that department. the older generation is however intimidated by their increasing loss of strength, the fear of larry holmesing to complete irrelevance gets greater every year. but If the new ? had someone capable of taking the throne the throne would have been taken by now. the throne is vacant and that is why theres so much unrest on both sides.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Last n!ght I was "efIl4zagg!n", "Lethal injection", "Strickly 4 My ? ", "History: Mob Music & Function Music", "My Name Is My Name", "Excuse My French", & "Jesus Piece", & I'm like "damn, hip hop is getting so timeless"

For sum of u you might not understand what I'm gettin at. Some of these projects are Modern with veteran artists. Thing is, they sound absolutely nothing like some 90s ? and in a lot of cases the music is just as good if not in some cases better.

This new ? is really great. Ill always love the old ? but this new ? is really undeniable. Pusha belongs to this generation, French, Future, Wiz, Jeezy, Beyonce, Rhianna, Wayne, & so on do too.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why are you trying to start a war within hip hop? stop looking for the cosign for everything hip hop has always been about the peoples individual opinion not the mob mentality. why do you care if folks like Biggie more than 2 chainz? 1 more thing, the torch doesn't get passed you go snatch that ?
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    the older generation isnt intimidated by 'yall strength'. simply because newniggas are highly lacking in that department. the older generation is however intimidated by their increasing loss of strength, the fear of larry holmesing to complete irrelevance gets greater every year. but If the new ? had someone capable of taking the throne the throne would have been taken by now. the throne is vacant and that is why theres so much unrest on both sides.

I disagree and there's evergrowing evidence to support that.

We don't lack strength, yall just have an over abundance of ignorance and stubborness. If all yall can find to agree on is Kendrick Lamar then its obvious yall don't really know what's out there.

I also don't agree about the throne becuz the up & comers of the late 90s and early 2000s are on the throne reigning. Thing is, they count for the millenial generation becuz that's when they got big and that's who put them there. If we take into account that Hip Hop has been maturing *which we have no choice but to* then how could u count somebody like Pharrell a Generation X ? if most of his hits were in the 00's even tho he started in 91'? That doesn't add up. Same with 2 Chainz

But we do agree on the Larry Holmes Syndrome. There's still too many people in the media *as well as some artists* who make too much of a mockery of the culture and just don't know when to give it up.
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This same discussion has been analyzed and talked about with every generation. The difference, in my opinion, is that now we have social media, which makes these type of conversations more publicly available. The older generation that you speak of dealt with the same problems as you. I remember hearing my father( after hearing " I ain't no joke", by Rakim) say, " That's James Brown." " Your generation needs to be more original with yall music." The point is this. Holla back in about 10 years and lets see if the generation after yours won't be saying the same things as you, or vice versa.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long are we gonna downplay Southern greats like Lil' Wayne & La Chat

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long is your op?
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    why are you trying to start a war within hip hop? stop looking for the cosign for everything hip hop has always been about the peoples individual opinion not the mob mentality. why do you care if folks like Biggie more than 2 chainz? 1 more thing, the torch doesn't get passed you go snatch that ?

Why are you assuming that I or We are looking for a cosign?

Hip Hop was never about Individuality before Lil' B came along so stahp it. We all know its had a mob mentality and that's something u old ? still cling onto. We're the individuals not yall, Keep it real

We snatched the torch but yall are still clinging onto it with every last ounce of strength even tho we want yall to sit at the table and eat and drink and live just like us. We really do want that. We'd like nothing more than that

Thing is, how come the Mellinials just don't own Us. We still let Generation X and Before speak too freely about us and a lot of the time it makes no sense or its rooted in jealousy or its based off of ignorance or hatred. I don't get why we just don't speak out on it more and take some of these people out (from the inside as well as the outside)
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long are we gonna downplay Southern greats like Lil' Wayne & La Chat just becuz they come from the South and they don't fit the typical Eastcoast 90's Rapper mould? (The look, The sound, & The tech!ec).

How long are we going to let our commercial hits be downplayed and forgotten just becuz its an accepted form of Hate to be displeased with mainstream Radio & TV?

How long are we going to pretend that Trinidad James was wrong or that it was just "his" opinion when he made those comments about Atlanta?

How long are we going to pretend that The South hasn't always been the soundtrack to the entire globe since before Hip Hop was even thought of and that it isn't going to stop and that Rap music isn't any different?

How long are we going to tolerate the disrespect and disregard for Rap and Rappers from the Millennial? Why should we act like we aren't our own worst enemy and that over-critisizing can only lead to destruction from within. Biggie was no more lyrically etherous than 2 Chainz but yet we gotta act like Big is ? -Status becuz he dropped 3 debatable classic LPs before he transitioned (RIP Mr. Wallace)?

How long are we going to give Andre 3000 a pass for pioneering homosexuality in Hip Hop and not only that but saying he's one of the GOATs when he barely has a catalogue compared to legends like Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, or Jay-Z? I'm all for quality over quantity but gah-damn, he's the male version of Lauren Hill

7f3611d60c269f57831de3441cae21fa.jpg

Bruh.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Did Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Kool Moe Dee, KRS One etc just handed the torch to Nas, Biggie, Jay Z? No they took that ? and ran with it. If you've been around for 15-20 years why should you just "give up" your spot? Rap is competitive by nature. If the young rapper wants that spot he gotta earn it. You think Kobe is trying to step aside for Durant?

Listen to this song and understand from a vets perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JXbvoWK4K8
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    bigbird_1 wrote: »
    This same discussion has been analyzed and talked about with every generation. The difference, in my opinion, is that now we have social media, which makes these type of conversations more publicly available. The older generation that you speak of dealt with the same problems as you. I remember hearing my father( after hearing " I ain't no joke", by Rakim) say, " That's James Brown." " Your generation needs to be more original with yall music." The point is this. Holla back in about 10 years and lets see if the generation after yours won't be saying the same things as you, or vice versa.

You're right about the GeneratIonal Conversation but that's a weak cop out and it shouldn't apply Strickly to Hip Hop like it does when It comes to music.

Social Media has just as much influence as Music so if the message is "this is bad this is bad this is bad" then after a while the message becomez an issue. U can't have OG Rodney Ahkbar trying to tell Gangsta Christian Macc that his and BG Budda Jones that their music is wack and he hasn't heard but 1 or 2 songs, a video, & a feature.

That's a cop out. Which gets back to another one of points about separating the different sub-genres.

Like it or not yall owe us a certain type of respect. How can u boldly contradict yourselves like this? I'm not saying Hip Hop can fully sustain itself without the Veteran OG'z so don't be so quick to assume I or anybody is saying that. But u gotts admit doe, hip Hop is seeing very bright days if not brighter than the days before
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hip Hop was never about Individuality before Lil' B came along so stahp it. We all know its had a mob mentality and that's something u old ? still cling onto. We're the individuals not yall, Keep it real

We snatched the torch but yall are still clinging onto it with every last ounce of strength even tho we want yall to sit at the table and eat and drink and live just like us. We really do want that. We'd like nothing more than that

Thing is, how come the Mellinials just don't own Us. We still let Generation X and Before speak too freely about us and a lot of the time it makes no sense or its rooted in jealousy or its based off of ignorance or hatred. I don't get why we just don't speak out on it more and take some of these people out (from the inside as well as the outside)

I say you're looking for the cosign because you basically say in 4 or 5 different ways "why don't they like what i like"
    everyone gets an opinion, I've never tried to change yours but you want me to sit back as if mine doesn't count. there's no age limit to this
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Did Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Kool Moe Dee, KRS One etc just handed the torch to Nas, Biggie, Jay Z? No they took that ? and ran with it. If you've been around for 15-20 years why should you just "give up" your spot? Rap is competitive by nature. If the young rapper wants that spot he gotta earn it. You think Kobe is trying to step aside for Durant?

Listen to this song and understand from a vets perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JXbvoWK4K8

More like u should've posted "Legend Of The Fall Offs".

We have taken the torch tho but since ? wanna be ? yall still wanna hold on to something yall shouldve let go.

Lil Wayne didn't ask for features, people asked him for features.

Ra, BDK, & most of the ? from the 80s weren't around that long to begin with. They came up in a different time and didn't last long. Their legend is nothing more than a myth, but a ? like Scarface on the other hand is a different story.

Like it or not Hip Hop was a trend during the 80s until NWA came out and once they did then ? got real. And during the mid 2000s thru today and tomorrow its morphed into something else that's even bigger than it was in the 90s or the 80s
  • MoneyLuver
    Options

I say you're looking for the cosign because you basically say in 4 or 5 different ways "why don't they like what i like"
    everyone gets an opinion, I've never tried to change yours but you want me to sit back as if mine doesn't count. there's no age limit to this

If that's how u interpret this then so be it but that's not what I'm gettin at
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have a problem with some of the new school artists. My problem is with the promotion of the same ol artist on the radio all the damn time. And no cop out. When I came up we heard some of the same complaints from older cats about hip hop. Like I said the difference is that now the complaints are more in abundance in my opinion due to ease of access over the internet. Makes it seem like every older cat hates this generation of rappers. What motivated you to type out this thread?
    bigbird_1 wrote: »

You're right about the GeneratIonal Conversation but that's a weak cop out and it shouldn't apply Strickly to Hip Hop like it does when It comes to music.

Social Media has just as much influence as Music so if the message is "this is bad this is bad this is bad" then after a while the message becomez an issue. U can't have OG Rodney Ahkbar trying to tell Gangsta Christian Macc that his and BG Budda Jones that their music is wack and he hasn't heard but 1 or 2 songs, a video, & a feature.

That's a cop out. Which gets back to another one of points about separating the different sub-genres.

Like it or not yall owe us a certain type of respect. How can u boldly contradict yourselves like this? I'm not saying Hip Hop can fully sustain itself without the Veteran OG'z so don't be so quick to assume I or anybody is saying that. But u gotts admit doe, hip Hop is seeing very bright days if not brighter than the days before