Do you, as a black person, love America?

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie is not worth it

You know what you are right i'm going to fall the ? back
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I was born in Canada but have lived in the US for 6 years (3 years in Cali, 3 years in New York).

I would say America is much more segregated. In Canada, I was aware of my race (being black) but I don't feel like it really prevented me from doing anything, nor did I feel like I was really treated differently because I was black. I instead identified myself as being Canadian.

That is the total opposite of how I feel living in the US. I am hyper aware of my race now. Race is a big deal down here. It seems like for the most part everybody wants to stick with their own race. I'm not American, I'm African-American.

I live in NYC right now. It's supposed to be one of the most diverse cities, one of the most accepting cities. If you go to certain neighborhoods in Manhattan, you literally see dudes holding hands and kissing. Yet, as a black man I feel like an outsider. I feel less accepted than a ? man in this city.
  • ring vhames
    ring vhames Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
    am a vet...have fought for it....love it.

is it perfect? no...but what country is

this question in here? you had to know what the answers this would attract
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    am a vet...have fought for it....love it.

is it perfect? no...but what country is

this question in here? you had to know what the answers this would attract

Bahamas,Trini&Tabago,St.Thomas....I would much rather live in the islands if i had a choice.
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    America is far from perfect, but I still find it hard to believe that it would be better somewhere else. Overall, I got mixed feelings
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She had a birth mark on her ? .
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was born in Canada but have lived in the US for 6 years (3 years in Cali, 3 years in New York).

I would say America is much more segregated. In Canada, I was aware of my race (being black) but I don't feel like it really prevented me from doing anything, nor did I feel like I was really treated differently because I was black. I instead identified myself as being Canadian.

That is the total opposite of how I feel living in the US. I am hyper aware of my race now. Race is a big deal down here. It seems like for the most part everybody wants to stick with their own race. I'm not American, I'm African-American.

I live in NYC right now. It's supposed to be one of the most diverse cities, one of the most accepting cities. If you go to certain neighborhoods in Manhattan, you literally see dudes holding hands and kissing. Yet, as a black man I feel like an outsider. I feel less accepted than a ? man in this city.

bold is kinda like hawaii. i mean, there is racism here too but its different. most of it is aimed at micronesians and "ignorant" white people.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

bold is kinda like hawaii. i mean, there is racism here too but its different. most of it is aimed at micronesians and "ignorant" white people.

Toronto is more or less like the US, but with more black immigrants, more obliviousness (to racism) and more obsequious behavior (? is disgusting). Almost everywhere else in the country is better than the US, but there is anti-black racism everywhere.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ arguing and typing up texts with a blantant troll
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoa this ? talking he is East African and his ancestors arrived on a slave ship lmao. DNA wise we are West Africans. Eb1a is the common haplogroup for black males which is strictly an West African haplogroup but West Africans have ventured into the east example ramses.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My country tis of thee,
    Sweet land of liberty,
    Of thee I sing.
    Land where my fathers died!
    Land of the Pilgrim's pride!
    From every mountain side,
    Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
    Land of the noble free,
    Thy name I love.
    I love thy rocks and rills,
    Thy woods and templed hills;
    My heart with rapture fills
    Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
    And ring from all the trees
    Sweet freedom's song.
    Let mortal tongues awake;
    Let all that breathe partake;
    Let rocks their silence break,
    The sound prolong.

Our father's ? to, Thee,
    Author of liberty,
    To Thee we sing.
    Long may our land be bright
    With freedom's holy light;
    Protect us by Thy might,
    Great ? , our King!
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ? America,but I love Comcast, girlstwerking,and clean water
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I LOVE WHERE IM FROM (ATLANTA), SO YEAH I GUESS
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N........0! HELL NO I DON'T LOVE THIS MUPHUCKA I WOULD HAVE TO BE LEGALLY INSANE OR SUFFER FROM STOCKHOLM SYDROME ! IN MY CASE I WOULD DEFINATELY BY SUFFERING FROM STOCKHOLM SYNDROME TO LOVE THIS BASTARD OF A COUNTRY!!!!!!!
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    One of the most honest corrupt countries in the world

I've grown to admire it

But b4 my "country" I love myself, my fam and ?

That whole die for your country ? is for the birds that feed into political ? who tell u who your enemy is today

Then finding out next week they aren't the enemy

I've never been cool with the idea of going to war for my country when half the time u really dont know the true reason y u r fighting until its too late and u already have killed an innocent group

War is just old men wit power sending young men to die for THEIR cause

All in all its pretty good compared to the rest of the world

I almost cosigned or goated you but little do you know there are countries with more rights and freedoms than this country.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    N........0! HELL NO I DON'T LOVE THIS MUPHUCKA I WOULD HAVE TO BE LEGALLY INSANE OR SUFFER FROM STOCKHOLM SYDROME ! IN MY CASE I WOULD DEFINATELY BY SUFFERING FROM STOCKHOLM SYNDROME TO LOVE THIS BASTARD OF A COUNTRY!!!!!!!

I wish I was atlantean I wish I was the king of the sea! I would wage so much war against you surface dwellers!!!!!!
  • Ree4er Madness
    Ree4er Madness Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    Why would I love America?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Toronto is more or less like the US, but with more black immigrants, more obliviousness (to racism) and more obsequious behavior (? is disgusting). Almost everywhere else in the country is better than the US, but there is anti-black racism everywhere.

Man explain this entire post. You from the dot?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Man explain this entire post. You from the dot?

Yeah, I'm living here right now. A lot of black people think things are better than what they are, they believe the hype and don't see the obvious. In some ways it is actually worse than the US.
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES!

Love the opportunity.

Ain't too many places in the world where you can fail, lose everything and still bounce back

? bless AMERICA
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Relative to what? Love is a funny word, because I dont love the preferential treatment of whites, but I dont hate being able to sit on my ass all day and smoke trees if I see fit

I guess I love the freedom of choice but I sure as hell would never fight for "america" as a whole, so I guess not really

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love it and hate it at the same damn time

On one hand I love it cause this is home, this is all I know, the 700 block and im a 100% Florida boy

But on the other hand when you look at American history and see why this is my home it makes you hate this country and the crackas who made it, even their great great great great great grandkids
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had the means, I'd move to south Africa fasssst. Using tax money next year to go to Brazil. Ima see about possibly moving there. International calls gonna be a ? .
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na, ? amerikkka. Especially after hearing about this dude that had the cure for AIDS and was curing people in Africa and how he mysteriously died. Dr. Gary Davis
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huz4DaJeAJ8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4NRm9wUKnI

There's no such thing as freedom here.