Spanky set his sisters on fire...my my my
    Dude gotta live everyday seeing what he did to his sisters
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Jesus OB everything makes you cry.

This is sad. I don't think it's a physical ailment that has taken this child's voice. I think it's the trauma. I've never heard of this happening to a child. This is like Maya Angelou's autobiography where she talks about how she did not speak for a year after she was ? . Just simply didn't talk anymore. I don't think this kid has a physical condition...his anxiety is just at an abnormal high.

@‌obnoxiouslyfresh

question answered.....btw can u post it in the O/P if possible
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eldwiun7AvU

Spanky's momma need to stop having babies. Smh@ his momma she saying "he's psych, uh uh a psychopath." Who told her that lie? I think he went into shock.

Spanky's not a psychopath. Psychopath or psychopathic behaviour is an antiquated term that doctors today would rarely, if ever use anymore. What society calls psychopaths are termed "Antisocial" and are diagnosed w/ "antisocial behaviour".

Even then, someone under age 18 wouldn't be diagnosed w/ antisocial disorder. He'd be diagnosed w/ what is called Conduct Disorder. And his behaviour, from this footage, doesn't correlate w/ the behavioural symptoms of that disorder.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just watched all these episodes. Its sad, but its life. Every child comes from a different background and is raised differently. I've said it an other threads how i am a big supporter of mentorship. This series is exactly why. The common denominator for all of the children highlighted is what? Living in an instable home. No fathers.

We complain about the state of our communities all the time...but what are we doing to help? These children will grow up and either be functioning adults, or detriments to our neighborhoods. Why not take an interest in trying to help some kids who could use a little guidance because they were less fortunate than yourself. And of they weren't, show some empathy and tell them it can get better.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoo them kids gonaa roast mutant mexican
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna give spanky a hug :(
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having that older guy for a mentor is a good luck for Spanky. He don't seem like he was that bad of a child anyways, just made a major mistake with the fire thing and it left him traumatized/changed his life forever.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of feelings in this thread......

I agree it should be
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lot of these kids are good kids but just misguided..its sad

lol @ the teacher asking the class to read a page and the kid says "why cant you read it?"

then the teacher goes "okay I'll read" lol he gives no ?
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Having that older guy for a mentor is a good luck for Spanky. He don't seem like he was that bad of a child anyways, just made a major mistake with the fire thing and it left him traumatized/changed his life forever.

he also said he was scared b/c his pops came out of prison and he was afraid his dad was gonna murder him. that's what's probably causing him to speak the way he is. that pent up anxiety and fear has manifested itself as a speech impediment. His speech pattern sounds similar to when your throat tightens up when you're afraid or when your autonomic nervous system kicks in from your fight-or-flight.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

he also said he was scared b/c his pops came out of prison and he was afraid his dad was gonna murder him. that's what's probably causing him to speak the way he is. that pent up anxiety and fear has manifested itself as a speech impediment. His speech pattern sounds similar to when your throat tightens up when you're afraid or when your autonomic nervous system kicks in from your fight-or-flight.

I cant get over how devastating that must be. Can you imagine being so afraid and terrorized at 12 years old that one day your voice just stops working and you don't understand why? I couldnt bear this as an adult. These are CHILDREN. It tears my heart to watch :(
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awww Spanky got to go to a b-ball game! Glad he enjoyed himself.

Spanky needs intensive counseling to deal with the fire as well as the whatever is happening in that household that is terrorizing. His mother needs to take it seriously.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn @ spanky mom. she was holding a baby while she was talking.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of these kids need guidance that there not getting from home or someone to talk. That ? spanky and Cortez went through is a lot for ppl their age to handle and internalize.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, them young ? in Chi are out of control
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant edit the O/P for some reason
  • MR.CJ
    Options
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coach sounding like chef from south park
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Shot out to that Mexican kid w the face problem
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crystal just seems like a hard-headed badass wannabe. Looks like some soft parenting by her mother. The little sister may be headed down the same road.
  • jman252
    jman252 Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Um vid post fail but thks I forgot to update thread
  • MR.CJ
    Options