Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should donate the Clippers to Detroit..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    This cat on cnn or hln just said that Commish Silver ? up by not stating that no member of the Sterling fam should be able to own the team..

Donald will still derive profit if the team is handed to his wife or fam member and thats not fair... its a loophole.

Good point

Anybody just can't buy, they have to be approved. I'd imagine any connection to Sterling would not be approved.
    Actually I was listening to the radio this morning ..and they were talking about how even if they tried to force sterling out of ownership .. If the divorce from his estranged wife goes thru she by law would entitled to a certain amount of assets ... Including a percentage of the clippers

Smh blood..

To be continued....
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets get it

[img]https://scontent-b-lga.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1491774_888885195861_2284191511680273927_n.jpg[/img]
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Once corporate sponsors started pulling out and other NBA owners started lining up against him, Adam Silver had the motive and backing to come down hard on Los Angeles Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling for his racist comments.

If he hadn’t, NBA players would have boycotted the three playoff games scheduled for Tuesday night.

That’s what NBA players union vice president Roger Mason Jr. said at the union’s press conference Tuesday shortly after Silver’s announcement.

“Additionally I reached out to other players around the league and made it clear that the players were ready to boycott the games if this kind of action was not something Adam Silver felt was necessary,” Mason Jr. said. “I’m happy to come here today and say that as players we are very happy with the decision.”

Clippers’ players had already talked about a stronger statement being needed, this is what they likely meant.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    KingSimba wrote: »
    He needs to be banned. But this is an interesting predicament the other owners are in....

STERLING made statements on the tape that her actions were frowned upon by others in his circle, whom Im pretty positive includes those other owners....

If these owners vote to force a sale, that means they agree and find the punishment fair. But that also puts them at risk in the future. These owners will be careful if they do vote him out tho.

But what if they vote to let him remain owner? A ban is nothing when he still would profit off the very people he dislikes so much. And actually, a ban would mean he would never have to come in contact with black people in the league.

Like i said before, this is bigger than the NBA....

They need to make that yea/nay list public .... People should know exactly who the white supremist sympathizers (Mark Cuban) are... I wouldn't ? with anything related to the teams who's owner decided to vote against forcing a sell

I doubt they're going to make the votes public.

Players should have demanded it.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    He needs to be banned. But this is an interesting predicament the other owners are in....

STERLING made statements on the tape that her actions were frowned upon by others in his circle, whom Im pretty positive includes those other owners....

If these owners vote to force a sale, that means they agree and find the punishment fair. But that also puts them at risk in the future. These owners will be careful if they do vote him out tho.

But what if they vote to let him remain owner? A ban is nothing when he still would profit off the very people he dislikes so much. And actually, a ban would mean he would never have to come in contact with black people in the league.

Like i said before, this is bigger than the NBA....

They need to make that yea/nay list public .... People should know exactly who the white supremist sympathizers (Mark Cuban) are... I wouldn't ? with anything related to the teams who's owner decided to vote against forcing a sell

Cuban needs to chill. ? around and be in the same boat with Sterling.

? Cuban bruh .... Go Spurs!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »

What did he say before?

In short that he shouldn't be banned regardless of his views bc its a slippery slope.... he said slippery slope like 13 times in 2 minutes
    Well he is right.

As I said in another thread, lets see how you all react when "your favorite football player or basketball player here* says they wish their girlfriend wouldnt bring all those ? to the games. Or gets caught on camera saying some racist ? ...

Because you know crackers are gonna be alllll over it. I already saw one post saying, "WELL WHY ISNT JAY-Z BANNED FOR HIS RACIST JEWELERY!" LMAO

It is different because he actually owns the team. But the next time a player says something anti-anybody its gonna be interesting to see the reaction. So yeah it is a slippery slope. BUt even more slippery would have been letting this ? slide with something short of all out banning...so ? that guy

If its reoccurring incedents like sterling.....ban them too

What people and mark Cuban are forgetting is that this is the latest in a long history of this behavior

So I ask the question
    What athlete has been given several chances in decades inspite hateful behavior?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn they banned this muthafucka from everything. Just read on nba tv
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »

What did he say before?

In short that he shouldn't be banned regardless of his views bc its a slippery slope.... he said slippery slope like 13 times in 2 minutes
    Well he is right.

As I said in another thread, lets see how you all react when "your favorite football player or basketball player here* says they wish their girlfriend wouldnt bring all those ? to the games. Or gets caught on camera saying some racist ? ...

Because you know crackers are gonna be alllll over it. I already saw one post saying, "WELL WHY ISNT JAY-Z BANNED FOR HIS RACIST JEWELERY!" LMAO

It is different because he actually owns the team. But the next time a player says something anti-anybody its gonna be interesting to see the reaction. So yeah it is a slippery slope. BUt even more slippery would have been letting this ? slide with something short of all out banning...so ? that guy

If its reoccurring incedents like sterling.....ban them too

What people and mark Cuban are forgetting is that this is the latest in a long history of this behavior

So I ask the question
    What athlete has been given several chances in decades inspite hateful behavior?

pacman jones lol
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? mark cuban and the mavericks
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, I'm the the onlly one that knows you are wrong and this post is so ? naive that I don't even know where to start. White society weighs the needed for economic power against ? and that is why we have the society we have today and this is also the reason behind why slavery was ended and why the civil rights act was passed.

White society has not really changed but it has fooled you suckers into thinking that it has. In other words they don't call you a ? to your face anymore for their own profit.

Dog with you it's always straw man, straw man, unsubstantiated claim, straw man, call other person naive/a ? .

You think I'm wrong. Fine. You got beliefs? Great. Support them.

You keep beating me over the head with this idea that whites have subverted their racism. Why?

They don't fear our economic or political power because both are comparatively on the decline due to the influx of Hispanics.

They don't fear our activism or unity because both of those are all but nonexistent.

They don't fear reprisal from other minority groups because most of those give less ? about us than the whites do.

They don't fear sanctions from other countries because most of them are as or more racist than the U.S.

So please, explain to me why White Racism has to adapt when White still hold most of the polictical and economic power and by your argument are just as Racist as they always were. What is forcing them to change if not for a gradual shift in the perception of race in their own community.
    Stop acting like you so intelligent dog.You dont even know why I made my comment.This is all just to calm the outrage so they can save face and money.Banning this guy (who was said not to be a big part of the team organization) is irrelevant.If he continues to be the owner than nothing was done.He probably laughing at this ? right now like look at the ? still playing.

I'm not really sure what it is that I said made you feel like I'm "acting like I'm so intelligent" since this whole discussion is the opposite of intelligent discussion to me. But my question to you still stands. What did you want them to do? I'm not saying it was a perfect solution, but if you think it was completely pointless, what would you have rather seen done?

@Darxwell With all due respect, I don't see how you can say you understand the word "better" and then argue that things aren't better because they aren't perfect. You keep making this argument that boils down to "Racism isn't better because racism exists." That argument shows a fundamental lack of understanding what better means. I didn't say the racial situation in this country is perfect. I didn't even say it was good. I never said racism doesn't exist. I have said on more than one occasion that it is alive and well, so I fail to understand how I keep getting accused of being blind to it. I race relations were better. And if you yourself can rattle off a number things that used to happen but no longer happen, then by definition the situation is better even if there still a lot of ? that needs to be overcome.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    giphy.gif

Yoooo! I just thought of something.....

Somebody mentioned Doc being all passive about the situation and not letting the team talk and what not. What if the higher ups told him like "Aye, if you or any player say anything to the press, u getting canned boy."

What if there was a ploy to keep a player/coach inspired call for action was deaded so it could be handled "appropriately" by the league so it could salvage its integrity? Whoever made the post that inspire my thought process said, "Doc was looking all passive and shook, while Silver getting all the credit looking like the hero."....

The white man and the "? friendly " NBA save the day....all while keeping the "angry ? player" at bay.

we all know people are HEAVILY influenced by what they see on tv. What kind of message do you think a sit out or refusal to play by a mostly black league would have sent to the masses? Black basketball players staring up for what's right. Similar to Ali/Jim Brown. What if these players with world wide influence decided to protest, and the league andowners had to give in? Would that provide a good example to the easily influenced masses? Or a "bad" influence showing what a group of organized and common minded black people are actually capable of?

Think about it.....
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Screen-Shot-2014-04-26-at-6.45.07-PM.png
    That dude ? hangs out with superhead ........ now it all makes sense
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he broke the rule by being openly racist
    plus they had him on tape

in a few years this will be whitewashed and he will come out looking like the victim
    please believe it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    giphy.gif

Somebody mentioned Doc being all passive about the situation and not letting the team talk and what not. What if the higher ups told him like "Aye, if you or any player say anything to the press, u getting canned boy."

What if there was a ploy to keep a player/coach inspired call for action was deaded so it could be handled "appropriately" by the league so it could salvage its integrity? Whoever made the post that inspire my thought process said, "Doc was looking all passive and shook, while Silver getting all the credit looking like the hero."....

The white man and the "? friendly " NBA save the day....all while keeping the "angry ? player" at bay.

we all know people are HEAVILY influenced by what they see on tv. What kind of message do you think a sit out or refusal to play by a mostly black league would have sent to the masses? Black basketball players staring up for what's right. Similar to Ali/Jim Brown. What if these players with world wide influence decided to protest, and the league andowners had to give in? Would that provide a good example to the easily influenced masses? Or a "bad" influence showing what a group of organized and common minded black people are actually capable of?

Think about it.....

Shutup.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, I'm the the onlly one that knows you are wrong and this post is so ? naive that I don't even know where to start. White society weighs the needed for economic power against ? and that is why we have the society we have today and this is also the reason behind why slavery was ended and why the civil rights act was passed.

White society has not really changed but it has fooled you suckers into thinking that it has. In other words they don't call you a ? to your face anymore for their own profit.

Dog with you it's always straw man, straw man, unsubstantiated claim, straw man, call other person naive/a ? .

You think I'm wrong. Fine. You got beliefs? Great. Support them.

You keep beating me over the head with this idea that whites have subverted their racism. Why?

They don't fear our economic or political power because both are comparatively on the decline due to the influx of Hispanics.

They don't fear our activism or unity because both of those are all but nonexistent.

They don't fear reprisal from other minority groups because most of those give less ? about us than the whites do.

They don't fear sanctions from other countries because most of them are as or more racist than the U.S.

So please, explain to me why White Racism has to adapt when White still hold most of the polictical and economic power and by your argument are just as Racist as they always were. What is forcing them to change if not for a gradual shift in the perception of race in their own community.
    Stop acting like you so intelligent dog.You dont even know why I made my comment.This is all just to calm the outrage so they can save face and money.Banning this guy (who was said not to be a big part of the team organization) is irrelevant.If he continues to be the owner than nothing was done.He probably laughing at this ? right now like look at the ? still playing.

I'm not really sure what it is that I said made you feel like I'm "acting like I'm so intelligent" since this whole discussion is the opposite of intelligent discussion to me. But my question to you still stands. What did you want them to do? I'm not saying it was a perfect solution, but if you think it was completely pointless, what would you have rather seen done?

@Darxwell With all due respect, I don't see how you can say you understand the word "better" and then argue that things aren't better because they aren't perfect. You keep making this argument that boils down to "Racism isn't better because racism exists." That argument shows a fundamental lack of understanding what better means. I didn't say the racial situation in this country is perfect. I didn't even say it was good. I never said racism doesn't exist. I have said on more than one occasion that it is alive and well, so I fail to understand how I keep getting accused of being blind to it. I race relations were better. And if you yourself can rattle off a number things that used to happen but no longer happen, then by definition the situation is better even if there still a lot of ? that needs to be overcome.

smh i answer you already but since you did not get it i will say it in a different way.

White supremacy adapted not because of something black people have done but because the economic and political system changed to due opposing forces within the system. They don't LYNCH black people today because it's bad for business and international affairs.

But a naive fool like you believes that somehow white people just decided to be nice or that black people marching and singing convinced them to give up their nasty ways. No ? these things happened because it was in the interest of upper class white people.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    giphy.gif

Think about it.....

Shutup.

Fight me
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Darxwell With all due respect, I don't see how you can say you understand the word "better" and then argue that things aren't better because they aren't perfect. You keep making this argument that boils down to "Racism isn't better because racism exists."
    See how you just downplayed the effect of racism on blacks? I dont think you know how you sound right now dude. It's like you live in this cookie cutter Don Lemon ass world.

You're like that, "just happy to be nominated" type ? at an awards show surrounded by, "I DESERVE to be here" nominees. Why are you so timid when it comes to your own existence as a black person? I dont get people like you.

"MAD BECAUSE ITS NOT PERFECT?!" Thats how you describe race relations in America? Simply...NOT PERFECT? WOW
    That argument shows a fundamental lack of understanding what better means. I didn't say the racial situation in this country is perfect.
    And i didnt suggest that it needed to be. But we still dont have BASIC rights and BASIC freedoms. If you dont see that then you're the problem not us.
    so I fail to understand how I keep getting accused of being blind to it. I race relations were better. And if you yourself can rattle off a number things that used to happen but no longer happen, then by definition the situation is better even if there still a lot of ? that needs to be overcome.
    I already rattled off a bunch of things that used to happen that STILL happen and you claimed they were irrelevant.

Sorry but my being able to take a ? next to a white man is race relations CHANGING. Race Relations getting BETTER is when - AT BIRTH - me and that same white man have the same opportunity to be successful later in life. When we have an EQUAL shot at a job. When we have an EQUAL chance to get a decent education. When we have an EQUAL chance of getting prosecuted for having weed. When we have an EQUAL chance at college.

Exactly how have race relations gotten better? I dont think YOU know what better means. Cuz if you're about to say some dumb ? like, "WELL WHITE PEOPLE CANT OWN US ANYMORE" then you're completely missing the point man.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sterling is a hoe, he going to pay for this

Smash on that chick tho still
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    giphy.gif

Think about it.....

Shutup.

Fight me

43062-Lion-king-drops-Simba-gif-CMYz.gif

hahahahahaha
This discussion has been closed.