Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but who is going to repay the iron bank of bravos? if they always fund their enemies, the only enemy i can see is dany 'n dem. even if its a few years away. or maybe whoever takes over the North
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    but who is going to repay the iron bank of bravos? if they always fund their enemies, the only enemy i can see is dany 'n dem. even if its a few years away. or maybe whoever takes over the North

that's the thing..OG triple OG tywin is tryna align himself with the richest houses so he can get their money to pay their debts & also have their armies (which i would assume are the largest) so if that day ever comes he'll be ready. but then again you can throw infinite money at anybody & make some ? happen so...
  • Crimson11
    Crimson11 Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    That ? was sad with Hodor, Summer, and Ghost, but I'm willing to bet that those wolves get free and reck ? , but on yahoo they said that Walker that touched the baby is called
    The Night's King
    so while westeros is is fighting and killing each other over petty ? , they're going to reck ? , and seriously, how the ? do you fight something that once it touches you, you become one of them, even when you're dead? I'm willing to bet that Dany and the Starks (and their wolves) will be needed to save the kingdom (the most unlikely heroes).
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crimson11 wrote: »
    That ? was sad with Hodor, Summer, and Ghost, but I'm willing to bet that those wolves get free and reck ? , but on yahoo they said that Walker that touched the baby is called
    The Night's King
    so while westeros is is fighting and killing each other over petty ? , they're going to reck ? , and seriously, how the ? do you fight something that once it touches you, you become one of them, even when you're dead? I'm willing to bet that Dany and the Starks (and their wolves) will be needed to save the kingdom (the most unlikely heroes).

You said that a bit too confidently...
  • Matt-
    Options
    I don't think you turn if they touch you. That one WW touched Samwell Tarley and he got back up and blasted his ass with the dragon glass. Plus that thing carried that baby without it turning. It must just be certain ones that have that ability

And yes. The Game of Thrones is meaningless compared to the real battle that's ahead. Winter is coming and everyone you have ever known will be dead
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know it's a reach, but don't y'all think there's a slight resemblance between

tumblr_n4pycbx2la1qh2niko1_500.jpgand joffrey-dead.jpg
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Oh how I wish I was a super geek to be all into this ? like a few of you ? writing titangraphs and calculating the moon's position over Dany's ? and ? . But I do enjoy the show, although a few of you excessively wack ass ? makes me feel slightly less good about it. No hate tho, I kinda envy you ? in a way. Dahhh well, carry on.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    I'm not seeing how the tyrells benefit from getting with the lannisters anyway. If their last chance at a king is a kid who ain't ready and stannis, dany, and the white walkers are coming they're just throwing money at a sinking ship. If they want the throne so bad why not take it for themselves or back stannis?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Oh how I wish I was a super geek to be all into this ? like a few of you ? writing titangraphs and calculating the moon's position over Dany's ? and ? . But I do enjoy the show, although a few of you excessively wack ass ? makes me feel slightly less good about it. No hate tho, I kinda envy you ? in a way. Dahhh well, carry on.

...what was the point of this comment?
    People are discussing a very popular show that they enjoy. No need to be a debbie downer
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

e8003b.gif

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at Tommen "that's Sir Pounce"
  • Crimson11
    Crimson11 Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    You said that a bit too confidently...

I don't know ? I'm just guessing both families have been through some ? , so I'm just guessing, and I'm basing it off the fact that the starks have magical power (bran) as does dany (dragons) that's the only way I see westeros standing a chance against the white walkers, hell the only one who knows their weakness is jon and sam.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint read the books but it was obvious that Little Finger and Lady Tyrell were involved in the Kings death.

Like I said before, you could tell by her reaction.
  • Matt-
    Options
    can't quote that post with the spoiler, but Stannis got magic on his side too.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't he dragons used to keep the white walkers at bay?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    can't quote that post with the spoiler, but Stannis got magic on his side too.
    True, but the person supplying the magic on his side isn't as competent as she thinks she is.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Don't tempt me with no spoilers b.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a soft spoiler. I didn't say anything crucial. I was just putting it in spoilers to be safe.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? Baelish is going a little hard and he's out c'here thinking he can't be touched due to his successful involvement in Joffrey's regicide. However, as smart, cunning, and manipulative the ? is, (as far I know,) he doesn't have any bannerman or military experience. Unless of course, since he was awarded all of the Starks lands, the men there has become his army by default.

I'm still of the school of thought that Big Poppa Lannister (Tywin) had a hand in Joffrey's assassination. I don't think that Littlefinger would have been as bold to strike out against the Lannisters of his own accord, even with the help of Granny Tyrell. I believe that Big Poppa Lannister came to the conclusion that Joffrey was going too hard in the paint," and if Joffrey was was left unchecked, this would lead to a another out-and-out rebellion, (a la Robert's Rebellion,) where the major families in Westeros would have banded together to liquidate the Lannisters all together or a most insidious plot where somebody like Baelish or Granny Tryell would have had Big Poppa Lannister, Cersei, Jamie, Tyrion, and Jamie's and Cersei's sons/daughters, nephew/nieces killed at the same time.

Tywin realized that Joffrey was a liability like a muthafucka and had the arrogant and sadistic ? dealt with. He put Lady Tyrell up on game and had Baelish, do all of the heavy lifting. Now Big Poppa Lannister is probably just wanting for Baelish to play himself, so he can neutralize his ass. Then again this is "Game of Thrones," and I wouldn't be surprised if Baelish won.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Yeah LF did all that and got awarded the ugly sister and an abandoned torture chamber. I don't think he's going out like that
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on some realness, i miss that cruel sadistic ? Joffrey already
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did little finger admit to being behind jofferys death when talking to sansa? Either I didn't hear it or the weed was too strong that night
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    Did little finger admit to being behind jofferys death when talking to sansa? Either I didn't hear it or the weed was too strong that night

Yes. Or at the very least supplied the necklace that had poison in one of the stones.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be a hell of a plot twist if stannis is the third king to die in that prophecy.
This discussion has been closed.