200 Nigerian school girls kidnapped by Boko Haram, and forced to "marry".

Options
BoldChild
BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/kidnapped-girls-nigeria-forced-marry-islamic-extremist-abductors-article-1.1774165

Schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria being forced to marry their captors

Boko Haram militants selling abducted girls into marriage for $12. Human rights group says villagers reporting that scores of girls are being transported into neighboring countries of Chad and Cameroon.

LAGOS, Nigeria – Scores of girls and young women kidnapped from a school in Nigeria are being forced to marry their Islamic extremist abductors, a civil society group reported Wednesday.

Parents say the girls are being sold into marriage to Boko Haram militants for 2,000 naira ($12), Halite Aliyu of the Borno-Yobe People's Forum told The Associated Press. She said the parents' information is coming from villagers in the Sambisa Forest, on Nigeria's border with Cameroon, where Boko Haram is known to have hideouts.

"The latest reports are that they have been taken across the borders, some to Cameroon and Chad," Aliyu said. It was not possible to immediately verify the reports.

The Nigerian government needs to get international help to rescue the more than 200 missing girls kidnapped in the northeast by the Boko Haram terrorist network two weeks ago, said a federal senator for the area in northeastern Nigeria. The government must do "whatever it takes, even seeking external support to make sure these girls are released," Sen. Ali Ndume said. "The longer it takes the dimmer the chances of finding them, the longer it takes the more traumatized the family and the abducted girls are."

About 50 of the kidnapped girls managed to escape from the captors in the first days after their abduction, but some 220 remain missing, according to the principal of the Chibok Girls Secondary School, Asabe Kwambura. They are between 16 and 18 years old and had been recalled to the school to write a physics exam.

The mass kidnapping came hours after a massive explosion in Abuja, the capital in the center of the country, killed at least 75 people and wounded 141.

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HIgh profile officials have to be in on this. HOw do 200 of anybody go missing for any significant period of time without people high up knowing about it?

Isnt Nigeria doing OK? Dont they have the means to figure this ? out?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn....this some ? .
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    HIgh profile officials have to be in on this. HOw do 200 of anybody go missing for any significant period of time without people high up knowing about it?

My African brethrens tell me i'm deranged when i tell em all politicians over the age of 50 need to be executed. Nigeria has the resources to be a global power but stupid, corrupt and nepotist leaders and lack of foresight is killing them
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And they'll sweep it under the rags....here's a country who's president presented every guest of his daughter's wedding with gold plated iphone5's ....my country isn't any better on corruption but you ain't never gonna hear some ? like this
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religious war coming soon to nigeria if ? like this keeps going on
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You wana be kony 2012 soooooooo fuckknnn bad
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »

Nigeria is notorious for kidnapping. But this? Smh
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's see what yawl president do....

barack-obama-sitting-with-associate.jpg

Your move sir.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This the type.of.? that would make me sign a temporary.military contracts if that existed to.eradicate.these.sick motheruckas 200 kids are.being ? right now smfh ? people
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nigeria's army should ? down on those terrorists. What they stand for has nothing to do with islam.

Nigeria's natural resources lie in the predominately christian south. Nigeria used to be ruled by muslim generals from the north (like Sani Abacha). The past years technocrats from the south started ruling Nigeria and circulating the wealth in their circle. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these northern army officials feel left out and wanna restore the power base. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of these northern army officials were actually behind these terrorists to destablize Nigeria. That Boko Haram outfit gotta have some big wigs behind them IMO.

I feel real sad for these young girls. That outfit are a bunch of bloodthirsty criminals and they don't represent muslims from Nigeria. They should change their name to just 7aram IMO.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    smh....

9 months from now 90% of them will have given birth
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Yea alot of the terrorist groups in those countries are funded/overseen by the govt.

Damn @ selling ? for $12 tho
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is some sick ? man.

? religion but i dont blame religion for this. This is just tradional ignorant men trying to ? women. Maaaan idk. This ? is just sad.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall pseudo-negros that claim you from Africa, come getcha'll wicked ass kinfolks!!!!!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    People gotta be in on it
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo that wouldn't be me cause my ass aint going back to school to write no damn physics paper
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least they believe in marriage before sex. Christians should be happy.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thing reminds me of that Kony 2012, ? . This ? is a ? perfect storm. Too perfect.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nigeria Arrests Protest Leader Calling For Government To Save Kidnapped Girls
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05/boko-haram-kidnapped_n_5266160.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000047&ir=Black+Voices
    ABUJA, May 5 (Reuters) - Nigerian authorities have arrested a leader of a protest last week in the capital Abuja that called on them to do more to find more than 200 girls abducted by Islamist rebels, a presidency source and another organiser of the protest said on Monday.

Boko Haram insurgents, who want to carve an Islamic state out of Nigeria, stormed a secondary school in the village of Chibok, northeast Nigeria, on April 14. They carted off the girls in trucks and nothing has been heard of them since.

The police spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the arrest, but the presidency source said Naomi Mutah Nyadar had been detained for allegedly and falsely claiming to be the mother of one of the missing girls.

Nyadar was picked up late on Sunday after a meeting she and other campaigners had held with President Goodluck Jonathan's wife, Patience, concerning the girls.

She was taken to Asokoro police station, near the presidential villa, said fellow protester Lawan Abana, whose two nieces are among the abductees.

/:)
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear Obama is talking about sending troops to get these girls back.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I hear Obama is talking about sending troops to get these girls back.

Sad thing is some of these girls will be used as human shields
  • Shawn_Michaels
    Shawn_Michaels Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? em they sold us to these barbarians. Yahwah dont Luke ugly!