• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Kevin Nash got next if his legs don't give out
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give the man his credit
    As a former NATURAL athlete, I refuse... ? yall GNC ?

• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great Fight, With good Drama

overall fight card a solid B

Broner is still a ? , but can turn out to be one of boxings biggest heels ever

Mayweather is still money, but can be hit, and should retire after the contract is up

Maidana is a warrior, who knows how to make a fight look sam cassell ugly

J'Leon Love still is a hoe

And Khan is a good fighter but cannot fight on the inside worth ?
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    That ? looked closer than it was because it was Floyds closest fight in years. Just because you ugly up the fight doesn't mean you won. That ? missed a lot of punches. Just like cotto

landing a punch does not mean it has to land clean. floyd did not fully block all of his punches. if you check the punch stats you see it was pretty even.
    and if u judge it from a pro fight standpoint and not amatuer judging you would know punches landed are not the end all be all but rather part of scoring a round.
    there were rounds floyd landed cleaner shots, but he got out worked for 130-2 mins of the round
  • perspective@100
    Options
    As former physical fitness champion four years in high school... I refuse even more...
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broner looked the same to me I might hop off that bandwagon. He still gets hit too much for my liking.
  • perspective@100
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    That ? looked closer than it was because it was Floyds closest fight in years. Just because you ugly up the fight doesn't mean you won. That ? missed a lot of punches. Just like cotto

landing a punch does not mean it has to land clean. floyd did not fully block all of his punches. if you check the punch stats you see it was pretty even.
    and if u judge it from a pro fight standpoint and not amatuer judging you would know punches landed are not the end all be all but rather part of scoring a round.
    there were rounds floyd landed cleaner shots, but he got out worked for 130-2 mins of the round

So from pro fight judging stanpoint Floyd's offense and defense was much better than Maidana's. Maidana was more aggressive and less successful. However you word the ? it still adds up to an L

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ali twitter says he wants to see Floyd fight manny
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd clearly won...great fight tho that chopping overheard right from Maidana was crazy....Floyd should wash him if there's a rematch
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    What has not been mentioned is the incredible job done by Floyd s cut man....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd didnt get hit to the head all that much most were on top of his dome
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I def don't want to see a rematch. Let's keep coming with the fresh faces.
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

Busy work isn't always good work though. I do think his aggressiveness should be credited but he didn't really land any clean punches and his body work didn't do as much to slow floyd down as Floyd's did to him. He wasn't efficient or consistent enough. Part of that is because Floyds conditioning and part is because it became difficult to keep it up after he caught chinos rhythm. I could agree with the fight being scored anywhere from 9-3 to 7-5 mayweather.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd could of out boxed dude. Movement like he had vs Canelo and it's an easy fight. You can tell he was going for the knock out the whole fight.

Setting him up with the body shots. Maidana is a tough sob though. He did a lot of ? ? tonight. This isn't a wrestling, holding, shoving, ball punching contest. .. this is boxing. Let your hands do the talking.

Any way money well spent
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Too much money to be made from a rematch, even more than was made tonight. If they rematch, look for Floyd to box more and make it look nothing like tonight.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broner looked the same to me I might hop off that bandwagon. He still gets hit too much for my liking.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Wall wrote: »
    Too much money to be made from a rematch, even more than was made tonight. If they rematch, look for Floyd to box more and make it look nothing like tonight.
    Yea wash him this is exactly what I told these Mexicans at the bar tonight
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd spent way too much time on the ropes in this fight, Im disappointed he didnt let his hands go more
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Like I said shout out to Floyd s cut man
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maidana wants to be the first man to beat Floyd.

who doesn't?
    Good point Runny.

Runny huh?

• KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd had that Danny Garcia look like when he fought Herrera and it came to the winner being announced
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYafq9Td7hA

• KLICHE
    Options
    Mayweather SR speaks on rematch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxF5QdwDR8&hd=1

• KLICHE
    Options
    This Mayweather fan near the end says "when Mayweather lost to Castillo" he gave him the rematch..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZulDX1-KyvU