Ab-Soul Says He's Close To Leaking Album

Options

Comments

• $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if u dnt believe AB is just dope as kendrick ur crazy AF. And Jay Rocc too
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean if anybody should be complaining its Rock.
    Media treat that ? like he don't exist.

I think Ab just tired of waiting. Its natural, everybody wanna get they shine. When all you hear is Kendrick Kendrick you wanna prove that you are just as good BUT he needs to be patient
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if u dnt believe AB is just dope as kendrick ur crazy AF. And Jay Rocc too

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ja rocc
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    Lol at ja rocc

So Rocc isn't as dope as kendrick? U listen to Rocc? If so inform me why Rocc is as dope?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Rock just doesn't have as much depth or personality. He is a dope rapper, but based on TDE style of rappers, he comes off generic.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    Whenever TDE gets on a cut together Rocc outshines them all. Blacc Friday mixtape all show growth. Blacc Friday was as good as any TDE mixtape
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    I think Rock just doesn't have as much depth or personality. He is a dope rapper, but based on TDE style of rappers, he comes off generic.

I think thats a little unfair towards Rock, he showed quite a bit of both depth and personality on FMH but the album was hurt by the radio orientated stuff he made while on a mayor (Warner I believe). He has showed plenty of times he can get personal, and unlike most "gangsta rap" his take on it is quite introspective
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the point of leaking your album? Seems like you'd lose sales by leaking it on purpose. If you hire a intern to sit in front of a computer you can make sure its not being illegally uploaded to Youtube. Thats what Prince does.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Lol at ja rocc

So Rocc isn't as dope as kendrick? U listen to Rocc? If so inform me why Rocc is as dope?

Nah im just thinking of how he he'd feel about his name spelled as "Jay Rocc" and not "Jay Rock" lol. I thibk all of black hippy is dope. Jay rock does a lot of features while Ab soul not as much
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    Lol at ja rocc

Nah im just thinking of how he he'd feel about his name spelled as "Jay Rocc" and not "Jay Rock" lol. I thibk all of black hippy is dope. Jay rock does a lot of features while Ab soul not as much

I think he would understand why but I wouldn't give a fucc either way
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get why they didn't push Control System because that ? is nice. Leaking the album does nothing for your career! That's why rappers are in the same boat as Ab Soul. ? be dropping their hottest music for free and ? .
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who knows, this could b a marketing ploy to get souls name buzzing so he can garner more fans. kanye shrug
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    FourEfil wrote: »
    riddlerap wrote: »
    Ab-Soul seems sloppy on the mic. overrated as ? .

??? Give examples

Ueono remix

He bodied dat ?

"I came quick so she ? u know I'm good for another round but it's hard when everyone on ur ? "

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Control System the best album TDE put out IMO....

Yea GKMC is nice...but it's not artistically better...

This just my opinion.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I prefer both Control System and Section.80 to GKMC, but GKMC is also nice and would be next. After that Habits & Contradictions, and I actually consider SZA's new album and Isaiah Rashad's new album to be among the next best TDE releases. That's just me, but I think those albums are crazy dope. I was disappointed with the new Q.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aiight i guess i should peep Control System.....

cuz i've liked what I heard in features (he did his thing on Bronson tape over the Pharcyde sample) but i can't understand the "best in TDE" hype. Almost feel like people screaming that must be Kendrick haters or summin. I mean K dropped a masterpiece consensus AOTY and followed it up with the verse of the year. That's no small thing.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda ? is this? We got ? nosigning soul being this best in tde without hearing this ? work. ? I remember promoting Kendrick before section 80 came out. ? was ignoring that ? until swimming pools came out. Now all of a sudden Kendrick untouchable and ? , you ? work backwards. That's just hip hop fans in general
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soulo said the title will be "These Days" via his twitter
  • CantBanTheSoulMan
    CantBanTheSoulMan Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options
    Jay rock does a lot of features while Ab soul not as much

What? Ab-Soul has been featured left and right the past two years. Jay Rock not so much. One look at both artists wiki discographies will tell you that. Jay rock has eight features for the past two years compared to over 30 Ab-Soul features.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Jay rock does a lot of features while Ab soul not as much

What? Ab-Soul has been featured left and right the past two years. Jay Rock not so much. One look at both artists wiki discographies will tell you that. Jay rock has eight features for the past two years compared to over 30 Ab-Soul features.

Jay Rock's features are with bigger / more visible artists: YG, Kendrick, Q,
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Rock second best behind KDot
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep hearing how good ab is I'm not hip ..what tape of his is a must listen?

And I agree wit Cain SBQ album was wack AF only song I really ? wit is hell of a night
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    I keep hearing how good ab is I'm not hip ..what tape of his is a must listen?

And I agree wit Cain SBQ album was wack AF only song I really ? wit is hell of a night

Control System

and really the most dance song on there?