do you thhink dr.dre should of put out an album

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
when he started his beat music service? Since dre stated that beats was suppose to be the future of music should he had relelease some music to start it off?

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't even know about this.

Would be a good idea to drop an album in line with it though. Perhaps the album could be exclusive to Beats. I don't know.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Meh, he aint gotta do nothin. He's provided us with more than enough.

Of course I would like to hear a detox tho.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Expectations are too high & he made too much money.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at this point, anything less than a smash hit would do nothing but hurt the Beats image, so i think if anything he should go Khaled style and just have a number of hot artist on some of his good beats, since we all know rapping is his worse asset
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i've been saying that Dre's been trying to find a new sound for himself but just can't. The smartest thing for him to do would've been to release the stuff he's been recording as EP's. Each w/ a slightly different sound and see what audiences are flocking to.

Then, when he finds a sound that the people are responding overwhelmingly positive to, create a similar sounding album and release it as his final LP.
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre the most overrated and anticipated for no reason ass rapper/producer ever! ? aint waiting to hear a Dre verse or a dated beat with hydraulics used as a bass line.
  • Stew
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    Dre the most overrated and anticipated for no reason ass rapper/producer ever! ? aint waiting to hear a Dre verse or a dated beat with hydraulics used as a bass line.

This is why ppl don't take Hip Hop seriously.

"Hey let's go out and disrespect one of the few guys who helped get Hip Hop to where it's at! That will make us better"

? I swear
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did yall forget "I need a dr?"
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na he should just do production and the business mogul ? . Streets ain't clammoring for a Dre album no more. Kinda like Magic Johnson, involved in the game but not in the game.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The headphones now just seem like Dre's way of subliminally saying "this is the only way you're getting Beats by Dre". The Game was clearly inspiration because he can now get Beats by Dre (along with anyone else who can afford them).
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets be real, a Dre album is a mere compilation everytime.
    So yeah.. I would love to hear a few new compilations from Dre actually.
    If I have to hear 85% of Dre on an album then I wouldn't be interested.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not if hes going to be releasing ? like I need a Doctor and that other one that came out. Kush wasnt horrible but i wasnt in love with it.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, I'm good with no more Dre music.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everyone is or at least was at one point.no reason?u dont like dres production?smh
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »
    at this point, anything less than a smash hit would do nothing but hurt the Beats image, so i think if anything he should go Khaled style and just have a number of hot artist on some of his good beats, since we all know rapping is his worse asset

Nah, he needs to get the like of Kurupt, Snoop, Xzibit and make some classic west coast ? . I bet he got a whole lot of ? pre-recorded with Nate Dogg too.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? his headphones he needs to just drop the album for the real fans, even if the album is not up to standard he needs to drop it to shut us all up, with every passing day i lose more respect for dre, talking about "look out for detox" 10 years ago, I have been looking dre your full of ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Can we do the inevitable “Detox update” question?

I’ve heard like 200 songs that were possible candidates, but good enough to come out. Last I spoke with Dre, he was like, “Yo, I want to do one more record and I’m done.” But I always tell people... [pauses]. Let me put it to you like this: An album comes out these days, you have to price it competitively. Detox: a lot of hype; Jimmy [Iovine] and Dre know how to sell records, so let’s say they sell 3 or 4 million records at $10 a pop. That’s $30 million. Or you come out with some headphones that sell for $300 each. You sell, say, 5 million pairs of those. That’s $1.5 billion. That’s just the big ones. Then you have the solos. Different price point and audience. Say they sell for $100 each and you sell 5 million of those. You just made another $500 million.

Then HP comes along and says, “We want to license your Beats brand on our computers.” Who knows what they got for that? And then you turn around and HTC wants to incorporate Beats technology into all their phones. Then they turn around and say they want to buy a $300 million stake in the company. We’ve already just added up roughly over $2 billion dollars. Off of some headphones. If you were a smart businessman, would you put your energy into generating $2 billion or an album that may sell $30 million?

But at a certain point, his artistic side has to say, “Everyone's been waiting so long to get something out,” right?

I get that. I know to a certain degree, that’s where Dre’s head is at too. He’s expressed to me that he wants to get it out. But again, you want a billion or you want 30 million? That’s just my take on it.

http://www.fuse.tv/2012/10/just-blaze-dr-dre-detox-kendrick-lamar-compton
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

"Hey let's go out and disrespect one of the few guys who helped get Hip Hop to where it's at! That will make us better"

? I swear

No disrespect to Dre for what he's done but are you honestly saying you want to hear Dre in the mic or you honestly believe HE could produce at the level he used to. Keep it real, Dre has a sound and it's dated.

• Stew
    Options

? I swear

No disrespect to Dre for what he's done but are you honestly saying you want to hear Dre in the mic or you honestly believe HE could produce at the level he used to. Keep it real, Dre has a sound and it's dated.

lol @ "dated". So u can't throw in The Chronic or 2001 and enjoy that ? like it just came out? I feel bad for you.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course something that came out in the 80s and 90s is ? "dated". Dated just means when you listen to an album you know the era it came out. The chronic, illmatic, enta the stage and ? ,etc are dated back to the early 90s. I just don't understand why dated seems to be a insult word on here. Was relapse dated or the songs he did for game on his mixtapes dated?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, he aint gotta do nothin. He's provided us with more than enough.

Of course I would like to hear a detox tho.

^^^my answer, dre ain't got to do ? he made his mark but it would be nice to hear detox and I'm pretty sure most of you saying you don't care and his sound is "dated" will be up in the detox discussion thread asking for links
  • freethewave
    Options
    I can listen to a stevie wonder n marvin gaye song n say it doesnt sound dated.i would take it as an insult and not the literal meaning
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dre should put out detox...detox would break all type of records because i cant think of an album thats has been promoted for damn near 20 years...its like the loch ness monster.
  • freethewave
    Options
    I swear to ? if dre released detox and it was wack id lose all faith in hip hop
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

? I swear

Truth be told I wanna hear "Detox" no matter what - all versions of it lol

But you're right. Dre hasn't put out a hot instrumental in years. "Smoke" ain't nice