The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    i think floyd getting old...

i don't believe he did it for the fans like he said he did...........

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=77452

i think he's too competitive to admit he's slowing down..

these fights are more entertaining.....
    but it's not on purpose...i don't buy that

Bruh..
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Floyd could ve danced on Maidana...theres a few times he skated on Maidana easily then went right back in the pocket
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think floyd getting old...

i don't believe he did it for the fans like he said he did...........

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=77452

i think he's too competitive to admit he's slowing down..

these fights are more entertaining.....
    but it's not on purpose...i don't buy that

The canelo fight debunks this theory. Also floyd did not box maidana not one round
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure Freddie roach will come out in a few days and say * I think Floyd lost the fight he's slower doesn't move well anymore and I believe Manny would knock him out now*
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mayweather Warns: Rematch Would Be Totally Different!

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-warns-rematch-totally-different--77473

By Luis Sandoval

Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s 46th victory didn’t come easy as hard hitting Marcos “Chino” Maidana put on an immense amount of pressure and made it a rough fight. Despite the physical nature of the fight, Mayweather was able to adapt and came out on top as he was awarded a majority decision victory. The reigning pound for pound king had promised he would not move and stay in front of Maidana and was forced to deal with the relentlessness Maidana is known to bring. Many are already calling for a rematch and Mayweather assures if they do fight a second time, things will be a lot different. “I can really just stay off the ropes totally and just box and move and when he gets close to me just tie him up. I could’ve done that all night. If we do fight again, if I do fight again, it won’t be the same fight. It’ll be totally different,” Mayweather would tell BoxingScene. Many were expecting a blow out in this fight but after getting a more competitive fight, some are questioning Mayweather and some fans are even saying Maidana did enough to win. Mayweather feels that people are used to seeing him dominate fighters from the opening bell to the last and when he finally gets a competitive fight, they perceive things differently. [/b]

“People are used to seeing me go out there and blow people out; 12-0. But then finally when a guy can win, let’s say out of 12 rounds he can win 4, they’re like oh man, what’s going on with Floyd. We’ve never seen this before. If a guy wins 3 or 4 rounds then a lot of people are like oh, he won the fight. But you know in the arena, there were a lot of his fans from Argentina cheering him on and which is a good thing. But he knows as well as I know that he lost. If he didn’t think he [was losing] he wouldn’t have came out in the 12th round like he did,” stated the newly crowned unified WBC and WBA Welterweight champion. Mayweather had recently hinted at retirement despite having three fights left on his Showtime contract but he did say he was on board with a rematch if that’s what the fans and Maidana wanted. September 13th is the slated date for Floyd’s return and we’ll see if Mayweather participates in only the second rematch of his career.

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead @ Lil Wayne tryna fight Maidana after the fight. Couldn't take that ? serious he sounds like whoopi goldberg.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rewatched the fight... scored it 8-4.

Maidana was landing a lot of illegal hits on the back of the head.

When he got Floyd on the ropes...yeah he was landing but a lot of the punches are missing and grazing
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do think the rematch would different since he been in the ring with him.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maidana put on weight quick cuz quick vs Alexander he wasn't no 165... Floyd underestimated Maidana strength and awkwardness early but adjusted late. Rematch will be a easier win
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=rwdCPAKnMQc

While backstage at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 3rd for the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Marcos Maidana fight, Lil Wayne got into an altercation with Maidana‘s team.

According to people who were there, the argument all started after Marcos Maidana‘s trainer Robert Garcia threw a water bottle at Weezy for some unknown reason.

You can check out footage of Tune exchanging words with Maidana‘s camp below! Also, if you listen closely you can hear Wayne shouting “let’s go, let’s go ? ” to Garcia. Young Money’s Mack Maine and Lil Twist can be seen in the clip too.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Bcot ya boy Wayne is a lame ? ..he don't want them maidana problems
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Bcot ya boy Wayne is a lame ? ..he don't want them maidana problems

I'm usually on the Wayne hate bandwagon but he didn't start that ? . As a man he stood up for himself.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Wayne would put that ? Robert Garcia together with the quickness
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everybody in that camp is a trained slugga... lil wayne woulda looked like emmit till foreal
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Its easy to stand up for ya self when u know ya bodyguard gonna hold u back or intervene...Mexicans whoop ass in packs ..trust me I know I had to hop some fences to get away from some a while back
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Giving, Ya analyzed the fight a 2nd time,Would u guys want a rematch ???

This ? was horrible, Floyd dominated.

Hey if people felt it was heavily contested as it appeared to them.. go on ahead and Floyd will put on a more showy "Master Class" and people will call it boring..

If i was Floyd i would fight someone else and use Maidana Rematch as the Big Joker, in May. Like i said before fight night i thought it was more of a contest than it was. It wasn't horrible at all.. it was a fight. Maidana didn't make it look easy neither did Floyd.

Bet you this much the people are so biased and polarizing regardless how the feel on the fight they wont give Mayweather credit for standing in there and fighting. Or... "Taking Maidanas best shot" (he never landed "that" shot)

They want it both ways....
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody in the know figured Floyd could stop him from past fights so Floyd tried to.

It was the exact same situation with Cotto, many people figured he could stop him late if he pressed so that's wht Floyd tried to do and he stayed in the pocket

? said the same thing after the Cotto fight and that he ain't have legs, then what he do the next 2 fights

Y'all some ungrateful ? ...Big Floyd was even in the corner telling him "if you wanna stop him, work his body"

That told me the gameplan right there
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And i always bring up the Omar Henry sparring session when people talk of cotto forcing Floyd to do this or that..

Then Money was a ghost vs ghost then in the canelo fight he did a bit of both... here is the Omar Henry session

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFmunaSGgBg
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never saw Floyd in any danger. Never even close to going down. After about round 4 he was turning Maidana's head around w/ damn near every straight right & left hook b/c they were flush punches. A few of those rights made Maidana jump back out of range & reset. Floyd's body work was beautiful too. A lot of those hooks to the body stopped Maidana's advance in it's tracks or even backed him up.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was the kinda rough physical fight fans always say floyd runs from..

he was right in there with him...and he has been his past few fights....floyd's not as fast and elusive as he used to be, so he has no choice but to get int he pocket and be physical, and fight these types of fights....

it's fun to watch, much more competitive cuz he's fighting these hungry young dudes who really really wan to prove themselves....but dude is still a master boxer....

chino had the aggression, he kept up the pressure, he didn't chase..he was rough...he was throwing some wild punches..but he never stopped floyd from throwing accurate punches, and he never pinned him down, floyd was able to use foot work to get out of the corner....it was a great fight forreal
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    floyd won 8-4 dont give a ? what anyone say but for a ? landing 50% of his punches maidana still looked brand new after the fight, im getting tired of floyd doing just enough to win fights ? throwing pitty patt punches scoring points but inflicting no real damage ? is wack to me son
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    floyd won 8-4 dont give a ? what anyone say but for a ? landing 50% of his punches maidana still looked brand new after the fight, im getting tired of floyd doing just enough to win fights ? throwing pitty patt punches scoring points but inflicting no real damage ? is wack to me son

Its been like that for a while.

I hope there's no rematch either. That was the best Maidana can do and i respect him as a fighter but give someone else a chance.

Thurmond maybe?

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was the kinda rough physical fight fans always say floyd runs from..

he was right in there with him...and he has been his past few fights....floyd's not as fast and elusive as he used to be, so he has no choice but to get int he pocket and be physical, and fight these types of fights....

it's fun to watch, much more competitive cuz he's fighting these hungry young dudes who really really wan to prove themselves....but dude is still a master boxer....

chino had the aggression, he kept up the pressure, he didn't chase..he was rough...he was throwing some wild punches..but he never stopped floyd from throwing accurate punches, and he never pinned him down, floyd was able to use foot work to get out of the corner....it was a great fight forreal

U ain't watch the fight.