• rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sdot Bruh these ? love floyd to the death chill wit that ? moe
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @playmaker88‌

Hell yeah I taxed his ass. When I got home from work today, first thing I asked this ? is "where is my money?" ? tried to look at me all sad and ? . I said "? all that, my money ? ." He handed it over and as soon as he did I handed it to his little brother (7) and told him to put it in his piggy bank. This ? was livid Lmao!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just outboxed a cheating brawler with a 20lb weight advantage and folk complaining.... Maidana has never been stopped. appreciate the defensive counter punching clinic u just watched.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? show up here 4 times a year getting buck
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? show up here 4 times a year getting buck
    Yalls ego is astounding. Its just a thread on a hiphop forum.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And i always bring up the Omar Henry sparring session when people talk of cotto forcing Floyd to do this or that..

Then Money was a ghost vs ghost then in the canelo fight he did a bit of both... here is the Omar Henry session

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFmunaSGgBg

except nothing about that sparring session says he was trying to back down cotto.
    its a sparring session, hes going to prepare his offense in a sparring session as well as his defense.
    if u listen to the vid he had to tell this ? to fight and throw punches. clearly indicating henry wasn't going hard and just imitating the cotto stance n footwork
  • nycest_1
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    @playmaker yea ? pitty pat punches or as ya like to call it short sharp punches lol foh he was basically hitting maidana with the same shots he hit his uncle with while they doing glove work b cmon son no real commitment behind them i mean damn my ? when the last time mayweather actually had a fighter hurt? cotto rd 12? when the last time u seen him throw 3 or 4 punch combos? im not saying mayweather aint that dude but ima call it how i see it.....pitty pat my ? .....pitty pat

shane mosley fight, victor ortiz on his back, pretty much any time u see a come forward fighter stop in their tracks.
    and yeah the combos were lacking, because he hurt his hand
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? just outboxed a cheating brawler with a 20lb weight advantage and folk complaining.... Maidana has never been stopped. appreciate the defensive counter punching clinic u just watched.
    This a nice video of all the crazy ? maidana did to Floyd in that fight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=oDrUnG_umS4

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? show up here 2 times a year getting buck

Fixed
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Anyway Rigo got a fight coming against some no name dude possibly in china
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    This a nice video of all the crazy ? maidana did to Floyd in that fight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=oDrUnG_umS4

Tony Weeks ain't ?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truthfully Maidana should have been penalized a point for the knee he threw, and all the shots to the back of the head, not to mention the low blows. ? roughed Floyd up and STILL got his ass tipped up.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so floyd has to follow the rule but maidana doesnt but his stock went up?

if he would have roughed floyd up while following the rules it would be something different
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    so floyd has to follow the rule but maidana doesnt but his stock went up?

if he would have roughed floyd up while following the rules it would be something different

Ex. Victor Ortiz.
  • nycest_1
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Mayweather Warns: Rematch Would Be Totally Different!

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-warns-rematch-totally-different--77473

By Luis Sandoval

Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s 46th victory didn’t come easy as hard hitting Marcos “Chino” Maidana put on an immense amount of pressure and made it a rough fight. Despite the physical nature of the fight, Mayweather was able to adapt and came out on top as he was awarded a majority decision victory. The reigning pound for pound king had promised he would not move and stay in front of Maidana and was forced to deal with the relentlessness Maidana is known to bring. Many are already calling for a rematch and Mayweather assures if they do fight a second time, things will be a lot different. “I can really just stay off the ropes totally and just box and move and when he gets close to me just tie him up. I could’ve done that all night. If we do fight again, if I do fight again, it won’t be the same fight. It’ll be totally different,” Mayweather would tell BoxingScene. Many were expecting a blow out in this fight but after getting a more competitive fight, some are questioning Mayweather and some fans are even saying Maidana did enough to win. Mayweather feels that people are used to seeing him dominate fighters from the opening bell to the last and when he finally gets a competitive fight, they perceive things differently. [/b]

“People are used to seeing me go out there and blow people out; 12-0. But then finally when a guy can win, let’s say out of 12 rounds he can win 4, they’re like oh man, what’s going on with Floyd. We’ve never seen this before. If a guy wins 3 or 4 rounds then a lot of people are like oh, he won the fight. But you know in the arena, there were a lot of his fans from Argentina cheering him on and which is a good thing. But he knows as well as I know that he lost. If he didn’t think he [was losing] he wouldn’t have came out in the 12th round like he did,” stated the newly crowned unified WBC and WBA Welterweight champion. Mayweather had recently hinted at retirement despite having three fights left on his Showtime contract but he did say he was on board with a rematch if that’s what the fans and Maidana wanted. September 13th is the slated date for Floyd’s return and we’ll see if Mayweather participates in only the second rematch of his career.

thats what hes supposed to say. its damage control.
    against alvarez he was able to move more because he was able to mix in the right hand and alvarez is flat footed.
    maidana was using the holyfield technique to close distance and while i would have thought floyd would wrap up more, its not like he could have done anything other than run (unless he worked off the jab)

he said this ? with cotto and now with maidana, and both times it was just ? to make it seem like he allowed something rather than admitting the other person affected him
    go watch the 2nd 3rd rounds where floyd switched his stance up (the same way he did when shane rocked him) he switched his stance because maidana was getting through the james toney shoulder roll. then when he changed stance he was peppering maidana, until i believe he hurt his hand and went back to the toney shoulder roll

I hate so many things about this post... Using Holyfield and James Toney techniques. No Roy Jones straights? lol
    Bottom line is, its a science. Floyd can gauge whether his hard punches will deter a fighter and see the sturdiness of his chin early in the fight. His hand was fine. He saw Maidana would not be knocked out or dropped so he chose accuracy. He also saw in the first few rounds Maidana was on constant attack mode, so rather than try and elude the whole fight and be tired in the later rounds he would stand in the pocket and preserve energy. Floyd actually didnt throw as much because he was feeling the body attack of Maidan so he chose to stay shelled untill he could get in the open. Floyds not fighting his own game plan he is adjusting to yours. He makes adjustments is what he constantly says.

This is my opinion anyway...

Why would Floyd be like "yea that ? was tattooing me, I really think I lost?"

? got pride B... Floyd never quite in the ring no matter what. Hell even Broner was pressuring Maidana in the later rounds of their fight...

on the roy jones straights thing you could see AB trying it.
    but back on topic floyd said his hand was not fine.
    compare this fight to the hatton fight. come forward guy who was being rough and the same 2 power punches landing at will (check hook and straight right.) floyd worked the exact same fight except his method of separation was different in this fight.
    the ? said his hand was hurt and his performance reflected it
  • nycest_1
    Options
    Wall wrote: »
    Truthfully Maidana should have been penalized a point for the knee he threw, and all the shots to the back of the head, not to mention the low blows. ? roughed Floyd up and STILL got his ass tipped up.

weeks most def ignored the ? out of those punches to the back of the head.
    maidana is hot headed and did a lot of ? ? that i swore would cost him but weeks let it rock
  • nycest_1
    Options
    Wall wrote: »
    Anyone else notice Jay Nady about to stop the fight between Periban and Love when Periban had him on the ropes and beating the ? out of him in the 5th round? Love got lucky because Nady was about to stop it then changed his mind mid stoppage.

@playmaker88‌

My prediction almost came true Lol
    @wall did u tax your son.

.and yeah he was very fortunate nady let him continue but arrested control of the fight with that jab now if he can sharpen his offense and up his work rate rocafella ...I mean mayweather promotions would finally have a promising fughter on the team

? that cheatin ass ? , once a cheater always a cheater
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who Khan gon fight? I know he aint planning on being inactive till next May
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I rock wit Gamboa, but I been really liking Terrence Crawford so I'm ridin wit him....
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd won, but this fight was a big reason why as great as he is, he will never be the same level of boxing icon as some of the other famous fighters.

After the 5th round or so, he'd adjusted to Maidana's style and timed him, and Floyd was landing pretty much whenever he decided to throw. Maidana was eating combinations from him on the regular, and there were a bunch of times Floyd could have just stole off on his ass....it was sitting there waiting for him...and the ? just didn't. He let him off the hook.

May could have won this fight a lot more decisively if he'd just been more aggressive in the later rounds when Maidana couldn't connect anything and was scared of even throwing in the middle of the ring. If he had the mentality of Sugar Ray Leonard he could have stopped Maidana in any round from 8-11. I'll never understand how he could have those openings and just not take them. I guess that undefeated record is too precious to him to risk a counter overhand that sends him to the floor. Even though everybody knows that ? wouldn't happen. Maidana was looking shook during a few of those later rounds, ? was asking to be stole on. And Floyd just wouldn't do it.

May might be undefeated when he retires, but he'll never be a legend in the same way Sugar Ray and Tyson were. Conservative preserves the record, but sometimes you gotta give the fans a show. Not that bs he was talking afterward either, a real show. Floyd is like the Georges St Pierre of boxing, he isn't in the game to hurt people, he's in it to win. I respect that, and enjoy the art of his technical mastery of boxing. But when its all said and done i'll be youtubing the fights from greats who were trying to put ? in the hospital.
    First off good post.

In your opinion though. The general public wants fighters to brawl no matter technique and strategy, you take 1 I take 1, and regularly take (unnecessary) punishment. PBF doesn't cater to these ignorant fans and he's right. Why should he? After his career is done he wants to enjoy his money and raise his kids. These fans never look after these fighters that catered to these ignorant fans and now have brain damage and are somewhere broke pining away.
    PBF kinda sold out against Cotto and what did the uninformed fans say? Oh Floyd's losing it, he's getting old etc. People just wanna see him lose that bad...

That GSP comparison is way off since GSP is not undefeated. GSP uses a loophole in the state athletic rules that allows him to lay 'n pray his way to victories. In Pride Rules he could never get away with that bullsh*t. PBF steady giving n*ggas that work.
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Casuals trying to take over the Mayweather Maidana access thread lol...everybody entitled to THEIR own opinion but back it up with facts.