Empire Season 2

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
FOX Orders Lee Daniels' Empire
Multiple Oscar-nominated performers join FOX's future schedule.
by Jared Larson MAY 6, 2014

Following this week's announcement that Gotham is getting picked up to series, FOX has made another series order.

'Empire', from writer-director Lee Daniels (Precious, Lee Daniels' The Butler). Described as a "unique family drama set in the world of a hip-hop empire that will feature both original and current music," Empire stars Iron Man and The Butler's Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, the owner of hip-hop record label Empire Entertainment who wants to take his company public. Taraji P. Henson (Person of Interest) co-stars as Cookie Lyon, Lucious' convict ex-wife looking for her share of the company after 17 years in prison. American Horror Story: Coven's Gabourey Sidibe will have a recurring guest role.

Rapper and record producer Timbaland is set to curate both the current and original music used in the series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/07/fox-orders-lee-daniels-empire-and-steven-spielbergs-red-band-society-to-series-adds-mulaney-episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBzu_jKLJek

Comments

• focus
    edited May 2014
    Options
    People really need to chill with the "Fox/cancelled" stuff. Every network cancels shows that don't perform well. Fox at least keeps attempting more and more genre based and/or diverse shows that appeal to us than any other basic network, so when they get cancelled it just stings more...but its not their fault. They are trying.

This would be what, the only drama on basic TV (all of TV?) with all Black leads. Maybe lets not instantly dismiss it. Instead of worrying about it getting cancelled, join in on the buzz. That might help for a change.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gonna check this out but i wont get my hopes up
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    you ? some haters man. they got a good black talented cast and you still complaining. you ? the planet of the apes of ? ?

If this was a new cracka show about drug dealing or medieval times ? would be all over it.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    you ? some haters man. they got a good black talented cast and you still complaining. you ? the planet of the apes of ? ?

If this was a new cracka show about drug dealing or midieval times ? would be all over it.

You clearly feeling some type of way lol. Were supposed to like a show based onthe skin color of the cast and not the content? Foh b. Personally I didn't check for soa till season 3 or boardwalk until season 4. If a show is good I'll check for it period. I should invest my time in this cause it stars ? ass Terrance Howard and fat ? precious? The little synopsis provided here ain't ? . And don't take shots at game of thrones like that again ? .
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options
    s.free wrote: »

If this was a new cracka show about drug dealing or midieval times ? would be all over it.

Were supposed to like a show based on the skin color of the cast and not the content? Foh b. Personally I didn't check for soa till season 3 or boardwalk until season 4. If a show is good I'll check for it period. I should invest my time in this cause it stars ? ass Terrance Howard and fat ? precious? The little synopsis provided here ain't ? . And don't take shots at game of thrones like that again ? .

LOL. Point proven. Some ? will jump completely out the window to defend ? , while ? on they own. SMH

Whats wrong with the synopsis exactly?

Whats wrong with the cast? I count 4 Oscar nominees and a Grammy winner.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk bout this ..I'll check out the first sode to get a feel for it
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reboot of PLATINUM
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If this was a new cracka show about drug dealing or medieval times ? would be all over it.

If it was Game of Thrones or Sapronos. You're right. But this sounds ? .

Taraji P. Henson (Person of Interest) co-stars as Cookie Lyon, Lucious' convict ex-wife looking for her share of the company after 17 years in prison.

Just wow. How are we supposed to support ? like this? I would rather see a show based off the Death Row era or the No Limit era.
  • KingFreeman
    Options

Were supposed to like a show based on the skin color of the cast and not the content? Foh b. Personally I didn't check for soa till season 3 or boardwalk until season 4. If a show is good I'll check for it period. I should invest my time in this cause it stars ? ass Terrance Howard and fat ? precious? The little synopsis provided here ain't ? . And don't take shots at game of thrones like that again ? .

LOL. Point proven. Some ? will jump completely out the window to defend ? , while ? on they own. SMH

? the one funding this show tho. Lol.
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options

? the one funding this show tho. Lol.

And you clearly wanna keep it that way.

But for the record, Lee Daniel's Entertainment is producing this.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    What?? Don't try to riddle your way out this fade I'm trying to deliver bruh. Throwing smoke bombs.
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options

If it was Game of Thrones or Sapronos. You're right. But this sounds ? .

Taraji P. Henson (Person of Interest) co-stars as Cookie Lyon, Lucious' convict ex-wife looking for her share of the company after 17 years in prison.

Just wow. How are we supposed to support ? like this? I would rather see a show based off the Death Row era or the No Limit era.

I guess you have to break it down for me? Whats so terrible about the premise and pedigree behind the show that it has to be immediately written off? Are you saying Black people never supposed to be depicted as criminals? I really don't know what "just wow" means...

This is the same forum that gets hard anytime The Wire is brought up, BTW. Dope show, jus saying...
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Smh. You just don't get it.
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options

I don't. Explain it, ? .
  • KingFreeman
    Options

I don't. Explain it, ? .

that's clearly pointless as ? .
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options

I don't. Explain it, ? .

that's clearly pointless as ? .

lol...and that's what I thought.

I guess we don't watch shows if we don't like the character's names now? lol
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    I guess we only watch shows that play into our worst stereotypes and condemn other people for not being enthusiastic about it even tho it hasn't aired and point the finger on some fake militant ? .

This is boring.
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I guess we only watch shows that play into our worst stereotypes and condemn other people for not being enthusiastic about it even tho it hasn't aired and point the finger on some fake militant ? .

This is boring.

LOL. How can a ? have a slave mentality and a persecution complex all at the same time?

Have a seat bruh.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds wack. Only thing id look forward to is watching Taraji's Butt.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we just get a show about taraji?