But did Jay moms really make him apologize to Nasir for that 'baby seat' bar?

Options

Comments

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Knowin where u come from and what you represent has 0 to do with apologizing

It does when it comes to that kind of ? .

I would be ashamed if my mother is ashamed of me and have to ask for forgiveness. Come on, you ? quicksand ? .. I understand you have a ? up back like a camel of course that you look up to a sand ?

Your posts as dumb as you.

Bruh that guy looks Somalian, acts white, and sounds swedish. He ain't ? .

Lol at somalian.the ? posts like a lame.sand ? an arab slur lol.this ? confused
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don_Proper wrote: »
    superugly was played on the radio at either 4 or 5 pm. it was promoted by hot 97. they spend all day saying yo at 5 pm we are gonna play jay z response. so thats how his mom knew and heard. it was like a world premiere release here in the tri state. it was not treated as a freestyle.

Do you think Hot 97 hyped the song too much throughout the day and their partially to blame for the lackluster response.....since they gassed it up? Or were they just doing their job and Jay-Z should have delivered?

i think they were doing their job but i think before they promoted it they should have listened to it first. they pretty made it seem like jay went in the studio did a freestyle and gave it to them and only them and no one ever heard it. i personally was excited like yeah this battle is about take off. i heard it and thought to myself o damn ? taking bout condoms on car seats...nah ? nah u asking for something physical now. so i think hot 9 did their job but at the same time should have waited and said yo this is a bit much to play at 5 pm. we should do like some 10 or 11 pm type ? with this one.

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at people still talking about this beef
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol i herd the poll count and they said ether beat super ugly by like 52/48 % .that cant b honest

Ya soul still burns slow
  • freethewave
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Lol i herd the poll count and they said ether beat super ugly by like 52/48 % .that cant b honest

Ya soul still burns slow

Lol I should have clarified.theres no way it would hav been so close.if we talkin the battle maybe.but jus they 2 songs nas should have won by a landslide
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have grown past it
    But I couldnt be friends/associates with a ? that aired my baby moms out to get at me

Do it for Destiny
  • freethewave
    Options
    'I gotta thank the lil homie nas thought'

Also thanks nas on blueprint 2
  • freethewave
    Options
  • freethewave
    Options
    I will never understand the folks who think ether is a better diss than supaugly.

Ether= a song from a man calling another man ? , ugly, fat lipped, says he disses women.

Supaugly= a song from a man responding to another man who called him ? by countering and saying that he ? his baby mama and let condoms on his daughters baby seat.

If someone on the IC called someone ? or ugly, would that be "ether"?

Im a bigger jay fan but ether was more about ? jokes and the 'says he disses women'bar was good when askin him if he was abused as a child cos of it.your downplayin ether a lot her
  • freethewave
    Options
    more than about* that should b
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Those lines made Jay feel disrespected, if anything.

"Since you infatuated with saying that ? ? , I guess you was kissing my ? when you was kissing that ? ".

That's Ether.

You realize you keep using "Ether" as a point of saying Jay had an effective diss?

Look, if you like that line, well, OK, but he throws several lines in the song calling Nas ? after complaining about Nas calling him ? . That reaches "Blueprint 2" levels of self-contradiction ("I will not lose even in defeat"). It takes the punch out of it for me, but either way, regardless if you like the line, that wasn't my point. My point was that Jay felt so affected by Nas calling him ugly and ? that he felt he had to make a whole track about it and explain how he is still able to get women. Those lines in "Ether" cut deep into Jay-Z's soul. You could hear it on Hot 97 and so could the rest of the world.

Even from a man-to-man perspective, that is more powerful than being called ugly & ? .

You're missing the point. The reason Nas said Jay was ugly was because he was trying to understand how and why he could be so disrespectful to women: "You seem to be only concerned with dissin' women/Were you abused as a child, scared to smile cause they called you ugly?" It was actually a psychological question. He sees Jay-Z's misogyny as a defense mechanism designed to compensate for his own insecurities. This is a scathing indictment of Jay-Z's character, but rather than raise doubts about this criticism, he walked right into the trap and made it all the more etherous by delivering a track disrespectful to women.
    The "trap" you speak of was already in place by Jay on takeover when he said "and you know who did you know what, with you know who, but let's keep that between me and you (for now)".

It's clear that Jay-Z was going to take this line if Nas had responded. I think that's exactly why Nas came at him on the misogyny line. He set up the trap perfectly. He used it against him. Jay revealed his cards too soon without actually playing them (the hint at the Carmen rebuttal in "Takeover") and so Nas broke down the misogyny angle on "Ether." Jay responded by basically making Carmen look like a ? who has slept with multiple celebrities and a bad mother. This is what earned him the L on Hot 97. It was a very embarrassing situation for everyone involved with the "Supa Ugly" event.

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ? love using this interview and repeating the same "cut into his soul" circle ? rhetoric lol
    one of the biggest exaggerations on this board

jay was annoyed that the rules applied to him but not Nas and the point was already made that it was because SupaUgly was marketed as a song and was played at Rush Hour when people who werent totally in the know were paying attention in addition to the now boiling buzz of the beef that got even more of those not in the know.

However u feel about Super Ugly it was a response for those in the know. a rap response to a rapper that rapped about him. The fact he said his mom called him & Rosie got involved showed u the beef went viral & more politically correct people were payin attention. At the end of all this Jay did what he said he was gonna do & women who hate rap anyway got offended.nothing new. Jay disrespected Nas and a woman he viewed as foul& the same "rappers need to stop using the word ? " people raised made a fuss like they always do.

The problem Jay brought up is if &he took it there he's a bully,misogynistic, went too far etc but Nas is allowed to go to a level of personal disrespect and name calling. this isnt an issue of being classy, its a damn rap beef. "i wouldnt say those things unless i was ready to take it to that level" yet when he takes it to that level he's the one viewed as wrong. Also that being from the type of hoods they're from u dont say ? like that unless u ready to knuckle....is that wrong? did he make that up? do we all not know plenty of ? who agree upon that line/boundary??
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Y'all be stuck in ? that happen 12 years ago
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay broke a rule that Canibus caught flack over. You're not supposed to talk about family members. You're just supposed to talk about the other MC.

I can remember Bis was getting flack because he talked about LL's wife and kids.

But at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is if that line is true or not. I doubt Canibus had any intention to do anything to LL's 'first, second and third born' so he was just talking trash. But the question remains, did Jay really leave condoms on the baby seat or was he just talking ? ? I think it was the latter and that's why he lost. Because he was talking ? and he took it too far.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Camel has landed
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? love using this interview and repeating the same "cut into his soul" circle ? rhetoric lol
    one of the biggest exaggerations on this board

jay was annoyed that the rules applied to him but not Nas and the point was already made that it was because SupaUgly was marketed as a song and was played at Rush Hour when people who werent totally in the know were paying attention in addition to the now boiling buzz of the beef that got even more of those not in the know.

However u feel about Super Ugly it was a response for those in the know. a rap response to a rapper that rapped about him. The fact he said his mom called him & Rosie got involved showed u the beef went viral & more politically correct people were payin attention. At the end of all this Jay did what he said he was gonna do & women who hate rap anyway got offended.nothing new. Jay disrespected Nas and a woman he viewed as foul& the same "rappers need to stop using the word ? " people raised made a fuss like they always do.

The problem Jay brought up is if &he took it there he's a bully,misogynistic, went too far etc but Nas is allowed to go to a level of personal disrespect and name calling. this isnt an issue of being classy, its a damn rap beef. "i wouldnt say those things unless i was ready to take it to that level" yet when he takes it to that level he's the one viewed as wrong. Also that being from the type of hoods they're from u dont say ? like that unless u ready to knuckle....is that wrong? did he make that up? do we all not know plenty of ? who agree upon that line/boundary??

You love the attention
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scrapper1 wrote: »
    Jay had nerve to say "you were kissing my ? when you were kissing that ? ".. Nas been ? that chick in the mouth for years before Jay came along.. I think it's the other way around, buddy.

Jay wasn't calling Nas ? to begin with. A good chunk of Ether was Nas calling Jay a ? .

Didn't say he called him ? ... he's just bragging about ? that he shouldn't brag about because he messing with Nas leftovers