Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^monkey see monkey do..
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    ^monkey see monkey do..

I'm just telling you the truth. You responded to me with no substance. I made a comparison to get the dialogue going. Calling someone childish because they have an opinion different from yours is childish in itself.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pap lost his buzz when he signed that million dollar contract
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No max gettin locked killed nyc
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why am i getting notifications for this thread
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    ^monkey see monkey do..

I'm just telling you the truth. You responded to me with no substance. I made a comparison to get the dialogue going. Calling someone childish because they have an opinion different from yours is childish in itself.

catching feelings sending low blows cuz Im shedding light on the truth so you gone try to clown cuz yo monkey azz seen others do it like an immature childish person.
    You over there comparing a whole coast to 1 underground rapper to try to clown to get laughs.
    I didn't clown and say the whole coast was wack I said they not winning more then the south basically.
    Then don't even know that kat but u quick to act like a lil kiddy.
    Then you wanna get at me cuz I don't go along with your clown agenda.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I said they not winning more then the south basically.

You didn't say all that. You only said, "not so much". I didn't know what angle you were coming from so that's why I said what I said. Basically, I can't take you seriously if you don't give me anything to be serious about. If you want a real discussion, stop spamming the boards and contribute.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    And the feedback you receive about ya man is not childishness; its called general consensus. Nobody cares.
  • Doubleday4life
    Doubleday4life Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard 50 Cent on Chicago radio today. not feeling the song they got on WGCI or 92.3 it's called Hot or Fire not sure it has Trey Songz singing the hook though.
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ny fell off ? it. i just tell the truth. outside of nicki minaj, jigga, ? asap mob, and the coke boyz yall aint got ? . at least yall een a ? breeding ground like atlanta. ny the 2nd worst rap scene but atlanta takes the cake with all the ? ? and remedial rhyming.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello friends. How is life treatin yall. Not being negative are yall? of course not. hahaha I cant lie the free entertainment found here is a comedic detour from that real world. ic bein the ic.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options

You didn't say all that. You only said, "not so much". I didn't know what angle you were coming from so that's why I said what I said. Basically, I can't take you seriously if you don't give me anything to be serious about. If you want a real discussion, stop spamming the boards and contribute.

There you go again trying to draw attention by using IC phrases hoping they'll run to your aid.
    cuz you feel good when your IC buddies back you up so you say ? they say. honest you sound like a b*tch trying to find a way to hate nothing more nothing less. Just admit your out of pocket and move along.
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And the feedback you receive about ya man is not childishness; its called general consensus. Nobody cares.

Oh so now you can't stand on your own you gotta call for your buddies.
    You think I give a dang about some haters I see what yall represent.
    That's why yall be ? on each other
    Id probably do the same thing too but I never been b*tchmade aint no need to hate
    Of course their gonna retaliate cuz I expose the truth of their and your favorite wack rappers
    So they result to their lil spoiled babyish ways by trying to turn their nose up.
    You know how many jealous wanna be rappers are on this board?
    You know how many non talented mcs don't wanna see talented mcs shine?
    You know how many labels got people on here perpetrating their own agenda?
  • Bodhi
    Options

There you go again trying to draw attention by using IC phrases hoping they'll run to your aid.
    cuz you feel good when your IC buddies back you up so you say ? they say. honest you sound like a b*tch trying to find a way to hate nothing more nothing less. Just admit your out of pocket and move along.

what ic phrase did I use?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gibbs is not overrated

He's the realist ? in the game

The ? can spit
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The West is winning right now

Not when Jay-z and em can both sell out the rose bowl (hov for the 2nd time in 2 years). but name 1 west coast act that could do that right now. Think about it i don't think any west coast act currently living could do that ? even if they bought a popular r&v artist with them.

kendrick had a dope run 2012-13 but who has knocked anything out the park from the west this year. Q's album was dope but nothing that has drastically changed the game. Game had a hot verse on that diss record tyga put out but then what? Nobody is clear cut winning.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Not when Jay-z and em can both sell out the rose bowl (hov for the 2nd time in 2 years). but name 1 west coast act that could do that right now. Think about it i don't think any west coast act currently living could do that ? even if they bought a popular r&v artist with them.

kendrick had a dope run 2012-13 but who has knocked anything out the park from the west this year. Q's album was dope but nothing that has drastically changed the game. Game had a hot verse on that diss record tyga put out but then what? Nobody is clear cut winning.

West: DJ Mustard, YG, Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Macklemore, rest of TDE and Interscope (LA based), Game, Tyga, Kid Ink, Lil B, Sage the Gemini, Hit Boy and his crew,

Underground: Madlib, Dom Kennedy, Overdoz, Skeme, Problem, Vince Staples, Odd Future, Nipsey

Plus look at all the pop artists copying Mustards sound

As far as quality and influence, West coast is by far the biggest right now
  • Bodhi
    Options

the Rose bowl isn't the determining factor but Eminem is under Aftermath, the CEO being Dr. Dre. The same Dre that just signed the billion dollar deal with Apple.

the last universally accepted classic album was brought to you by the west coast.

Macklemore is all over pop news and radio for his music and social activism.

Artists like Odd Future (including Frank Ocean) and YG, Q and Ink have been making waves over the last few years restructuring and resurrecting the west coast sound.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Rappers to this DAY are still putting out songs referencing one single verse from Lamar. Its undeniable the West has a hold right now.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the Rose bowl isn't the determining factor but Eminem is under Aftermath, the CEO being Dr. Dre. The same Dre that just signed the billion dollar deal with Apple.

the last universally accepted classic album was brought to you by the west coast.

Artists like Odd Future (including Frank Ocean) and YG, Q and Ink have been making waves over the last few years restructuring and resurrecting the west coast sound.

Live hip hop shows are the new album. Even macklemore the most pop act from the west coast is doing arena tours not stadiums. But rappers like em and jay are selling out stadiums and thats a big deal for the music part of things. If you can't name one rapper from the west coast that could do a stadium tour its a bit concerning if that region is winning.

• Bodhi
    Options

Live hip hop shows are the new album. Even macklemore the most pop act from the west coast is doing arena tours not stadiums. But rappers like em and jay are selling out stadiums and thats a big deal for the music part of things. If you can't name one rapper from the west coast that could do a stadium tour its a bit concerning if that region is winning.

Not really. Jay and Em have always been popular artists and will continue to be. But they aren't directing the flow of things as far as influencing the genres musical direction. Neither Jay nor Em has released classic material for a while. At this point, their shows are based off long term past success and notoriety, not current innovation. They would have been able to pull the same crowds during the south's reign. But that didn't mean the south wasn't on top.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

mixtapes/indy albums are the new album.

fixed
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bottom Line is WestCoast ? on all these ? ass regions right now ....east coast ain't had an up and coming star MC since 50 ...that's 10 years ? .... The hottest two ? from NYC sound like down south ? .... And according to the NYC posters the ? has gotten so bad that the local radio stations don't even support none of their new artist .... ? all they got is Jay-Z.... ? hanging on that damn train till the wheels fall off ..lol

Meanwhile on the west coast you got the mainstream took by storm with TdE and Macklemore the Game still doing his thing

Mustard and Hit Boy killing the production game

And the underground always been the best

I mean ? can't deny straights facts ....NYC been fell the ? off the map ....the originators got no ? identity anymore ....they dot know who the ? they want to be ...lol Shoulda got behind ya mans Pap ...he seemed like a dude who was tryna hold y'all ? down

Ahhhh well ...tuff luck losers
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options