Comments

• IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Garcia and Thurman are beasts haven't seen porter tho
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If not Porter, Garcia, or Thurman, then who? The Pac fight seems like it'll never happen as well as a Timothy Bradley fight.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like Garcia he is the biggest draw available probably but people would question the fight since it's the first at 147 for him.

Probably gonna see a Maidana rematch unless he fights Cotto Martinez winner at 154
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? it he might as well just fight bhop lol
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conflict is so green and such an idiot
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Conflict is so green and such an idiot

Tell em y u mad b
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    e650 wrote: »
    Sept 13 is a Mexican holiday?
    Last year he fought on the 14th, the year before that was the 17th and the year before that was on the 19th

They set it up do that the fight can fall on that saturday

Nah really
    Lets get Back to boxing ppl
    its mexican independance day, he usually fights a central/south american on the 13th or may 5th weekend.
    its a strategy he got from bob arum. ? mexicans will throw money at him if hes fighting a mexican even if the fighter has no chance in hell
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    e650 wrote: »
    Sept 13 is a Mexican holiday?
    Last year he fought on the 14th, the year before that was the 17th and the year before that was on the 19th

They set it up do that the fight can fall on that saturday

Nah really
    Lets get Back to boxing ppl
    its mexican independance day, he usually fights a central/south american on the 13th or may 5th weekend.
    its a strategy he got from bob arum. ? mexicans will throw money at him if hes fighting a mexican even if the fighter has no chance in hell

Lol wtf yall never heard the expression "nah really" it means no ? , duh. You know like...sarcasm..
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    Pacman better not sign that extension so they can fight next May if he does can't no one tell me manny isn't ducking Floyd then
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After the asswhippin Garcia took from dude in his last fight I'm not soldcon him fighting Floyd yea he has a fan base but I thinkit would be a wash for Floyd
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Lol@yahoo 1st page headline. "Floyd sets September date, avoids Kahn"
    Smfh
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smfh

Floyd is ducking doe

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khan is hot garbage. ? that ? . Think he entitled to some ? . Lol
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Smfh

Floyd is ducking doe
    I willing to bet that this is what a lot of ppl think.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smfh

Floyd is ducking doe
    I willing to bet that this is what a lot of ppl think.

You know how Pactards do. No logic, no reasoning even though the proof is out there.

Floyd is ducking doe
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting debate on Roy Jones jr. vs Bhop. Roy Jones jr. was one of my favourite fighters in the 90's. I know I'm late on this but I'll add my 2 cents. This deserved its own thread IMO.
    mdot wrote: »
    Why did Roy fall off a cliff ? I know he came down from heavy. But he's smart fighter knows what to do in there. Why wasn't he able to comeback and make something of the rest of his career ?
    Roy Jones 'fell off' as you put it because of his inability to fight inside IMO. He relied on his athleticism and handspeed too much and never learned how to properly fight inside. When he was younger it wasn't necessary. Even his footwork wasn't THAT good, but his athleticism made up for alot.
    I don't remember which fight this was but I remember when he knocked a guy out and after the fight the guy said "he do alot of stuff wrong, but his handspeed makes up for alot of it". This was during Roy Jones prime. Someone gotta know which fight I'm referring to (help a brother out).

When he started getting older his handspeed decreased and his athleticism waned and because of his lack of fighting inside he started losing to guys he was better than skillswise. I also think he lost focus at a certain point in his career (releasing tracks, not knowing whether you a rapper or boxer etc.).
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B Hop said the same thing right before their unnecessary and horrible rematch. He said Roy forgot about the fundamentals of boxing because his athleticism made up for it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    box_a_pacquiao_kh_608x342.jpg
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014
    Manny Pacquiao stays with Top Rank
    By Dan Rafael
    ESPN.com

Superstar Manny Pacquiao, whose contract with promoter Top Rank was due to expire at the end of the year, signed an extension with the company Tuesday, perhaps killing any hopes of a showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr. during the term of the deal.

The two-year agreement, announced by Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, extends Pacquiao's pact with the promoter through Dec. 31, 2016. The deal is also with Pacquiao's MP Promotions, which co-promotes his fights.

"We are pleased that together with our partners at HBO we will continue presenting to the public fights of the great Manny Pacquiao through the end of 2016," Arum said. "The partnership among Manny, Top Rank, MP Promotions and HBO has been a wonderful one for all parties and for the public and it's great that it will continue for the years to come."

The new deal means Pacquiao will likely have at least five more fights, one this year to finish the existing contract and two in 2015 and two in 2016 under the new agreement.

"We've been doing two fights a year so we'll continue to do two fights a year," Arum said.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Arum likely paid Pacquiao a substantial signing bonus but declined to comment on that.

"I can't talk about the contract terms, only the length of time, because of a confidentially clause," Arum said.

The agreement seemingly kills the prospect of a fight the public has yearned for -- a showdown with fellow welterweight champion Mayweather -- for at least the remainder of this year and the next two years.

With Pacquiao staying put with Top Rank and continuing to fight on HBO, and Mayweather three fights into an exclusive six-fight deal with Showtime -- as well as an unwillingness to do business with Arum, his former promoter -- it means their coming together is unlikely as both are winding down their careers.

Pacquiao, who has said he wants to fight for only two more years, will be 38 at the conclusion of the agreement. The 37-year-old Mayweather has said repeatedly he plans to retire at the end of his Showtime deal.

Mayweather intends to next fight on Sept. 13. Arum told ESPN.com that he is planning Pacquiao's next fight for a date to be determined in November, possibly in Macau, where Pacquiao easily outpointed Brandon Rios last November. Neither has an obvious opponent or anyone else the public is demanding that they fight, but based on the new contract it seems almost impossible to fathom they will be fighting each other.

Pacquiao is coming off a dominant win via decision over Timothy Bradley Jr. on April 12 in a rematch after a highly controversial split-decision loss in 2012.

By winning last month, Pacquiao regained his 147-pound world title and is seemingly headed for a fifth fight in the fall against rival Juan Manuel Marquez, against whom he is 2-1-1 but suffered a brutal one-punch knockout loss in December 2012.

Marquez became Pacquiao's mandatory challenger by virtue of a unanimous decision victory against Mike Alvarado on Saturday night.

"We'll look at the options on who Manny is going to fight next," Arum said. "We'll see what Marquez wants to do. With the opponents, we have time."

Pacquiao has said he might move down to the 140-pound junior welterweight division, a weight he can still comfortably make, in order to expand the field of possible opponents.

Mayweather, meanwhile, won a majority decision against Marcos Maidana to unify two welterweight belts on May 3 and is considering a rematch against him for Sept. 13.

When the contract extension talks began last month, Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's adviser, told ESPN.com that the prospect of a fight with Mayweather would not dictate where Pacquiao would sign.

"I don't believe Floyd not fighting us has to do with Bob [Arum]," Koncz said last month. "Why did he wait until he exhausted all other excuses before saying he wouldn't fight Manny if Bob was involved? First he brought up the drug testing [during the initial 2009 failed negotiations]. Then he wanted Manny to sign with him. Then he wanted to pay Manny only a flat fee of $40 million for the fight instead of sharing a percentage [of the revenue]. And now he can't fight Manny because Bob would be involved?

"Why did he wait so long to bring that up? If that's true, why not use that excuse a few years ago?"

Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38 KOs), an icon in the Philippines, where he is also a congressman, has been with Arum since 2005, just before he began his historic run up the scale that saw him win world titles in five of the record eight weight classes he has claimed belts in.

• IamNumberOne
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly if Khan wants a Floyd fight he better take September because by the time next May comes it could be Porter, Thurman, Lara, Garcia, Brook, maybe even the Martinez Cotto winner or better yet GGG at a catch weight. Ok maybe I'm dreaming but I don't wanna see Floyd fight Maidana again in September and then Khan in May.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Iono man, am I the only one that's not anticipating PBF fighting Amir Khan. That would be a fight where I can pretty much predict everything and be right again. Not anticipating that fight but it would do great PPV # so from a business aspect it would be interesting for PBF and his team I guess.
    dwade206 wrote: »
    B Hop said the same thing right before their unnecessary and horrible rematch. He said Roy forgot about the fundamentals of boxing because his athleticism made up for it.
    Yeah you know who this reminds me of? Amir Khan (in a way). I'm not comparing them, but both would be better if they learned to fight inside better.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at Floyd ducking Khan. that cant be a serious comment.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They will fight in May.. Im interested in seeing it but almost dont want to because im tired of Khan talkin like an obsessed school girl
  • Muhannad
    Options
    With all due respect you would talk like "an obsessed schoolgirl" too if you knew what kinda payday he'd get (I would too :P). This is a business first, these guys got families to feed.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got 1.5 for the Collazzo fight how much you think he ll see for Floyd?