Lil Boosie Says "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell" Is The Best Double Disc Album Since "All Eyez On Me"

Options

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just listened to the above tracks. I didn't catch the "real ? " he was spitting. Alot of jibberish about money and being a real ? .
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This idiot don't even have the talent to produce an album as good as pacs life, get this ? ass ? the ? outta here

Have u listened 2 "incarcerated" or "bad azz" if u haven't you can't even really have an opinion... because both of those Cd's are hood classics..

? say the same thing about the Thug Passion mixtape. That ? is garbage with the exception Hospital.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was born in Louisiana and I see how much love Boosie gets. I person all don't get it but I saw how people were going crazy when he came home. Being old enough to remember when PAC got released it is a similar vibe.
    With that said, why isn't anyone mentioning how stupid that album title is?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill post, but whats the use, u heard more than whats on the radio and made an opinion off that right? lol. u already have the notion that everything he's done is wack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8_8gelFOcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjbNzKTdXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVnw9UWPgaQ

now if u still find him as wack as u say he is, it is what it is, i aint mad at u.
    I tried, but this ? voice is like nails to a chalk board. Maybe your angle is he's a "real ? ", because that's all he says every other line. But what he's rapping about ain't no different than any other local hood ? . IMO, you'd have a better argument with Webbie (the better of the two). But hey, if that's who you ? with so be it. But to me:

-Voice too scratchy. Seems like he's unecessarily yelling

-Flow to choppy, doesn't ride the beat like he should

-Production is terrible

-Subject matter is the same ?

This ? really need to stop screaming on every song. That ? is unbearable after 10 seconds
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I just listened to the above tracks. I didn't catch the "real ? " he was spitting. Alot of jibberish about money and being a real ? .

if u dont like em thats fine, maybe u dont relate to the "real ? ", but come on jibberish about money and being a real ? , stop it. he's sayin some ? is too much for him to deal with, please get the devilish ways off him, and he's goin insane on a track.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol you must be a macklemore type ? then...

BTW you definitely didn't listen to those tracks cuz that's not the subject of those songs...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill post, but whats the use, u heard more than whats on the radio and made an opinion off that right? lol. u already have the notion that everything he's done is wack.

now if u still find him as wack as u say he is, it is what it is, i aint mad at u.
    I tried, but this ? voice is like nails to a chalk board. Maybe your angle is he's a "real ? ", because that's all he says every other line. But what he's rapping about ain't no different than any other local hood ? . IMO, you'd have a better argument with Webbie (the better of the two). But hey, if that's who you ? with so be it. But to me:

-Production is terrible

This ? really need to stop screaming on every song. That ? is unbearable after 10 seconds

fair enough

like i said b4, i once didnt like his voice so i understand how u might not] even tho ive move passed that. honestly ion really care about the "real ? " angle, i can just feel a lot of what he's sayin, i do like a lot of the beats although i understand how some say its simplistic, and flow could be better, but i like the subject matter, i really dont think a lotta "hood" rappers can convey what he's sayin plus the emotion like he does. whether he actually went thru it or not i could almost care less as majority of these rappers are on hyperbole or untruthful about something. for me its like someone said about jeezy in another thread, not the best rapper technically and "There's other rappers that rap better than him but don't make songs as good as him"

and although i like boosie songs more, savage life 1 & 2/trill fam vol. 1 webbie was nice imo, dude was flowing his ass off. he's fallen off a cliff since then.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fair enough

like i said b4, i once didnt like his voice so i understand how u might not] even tho ive move passed that. honestly ion really care about the "real ? " angle, i can just feel a lot of what he's sayin, i do like a lot of the beats although i understand how some say its simplistic, and flow could be better, but i like the subject matter, i really dont think a lotta "hood" rappers can convey what he's sayin plus the emotion like he does. whether he actually went thru it or not i could almost care less as majority of these rappers are on hyperbole or untruthful about something. for me its like someone said about jeezy in another thread, not the best rapper technically and "There's other rappers that rap better than him but don't make songs as good as him"

and although i like boosie songs more, savage life 1 & 2/trill fam vol. 1 webbie was nice imo, dude was flowing his ass off. he's fallen off a cliff since then.
    That's a true statement. Jeezy's not a lyricist but his music is great. He switched up his flow and actually got better over time too. The thing is, Boosie IMO can't switch his flow up. The only time i saw Boosie spit a dope verse was the show the world remix. Other than that he's nothing special. Always wondered why Webbie hasn't got the luv Boosie got tho. Webbie's killed Boosie on just about every song they did.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does boosie gets that much love in the west coast, midwest, and eastcoast, like the south?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Does boosie gets that much love in the west coast, midwest, and eastcoast, like the south?

Midwest hell yeah.. west coast idk... east some parts. ..
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

-Production is terrible

fair enough

i feel u styl cuz i first i couldnt stand boosie or listen to his track . But i said let me sit down and give him a chance and i listened to his incarcerated album , it had changed my view of him .He does speak on ? you can relate to .Cuz i was goin thru ? where my niggz betrayed me .
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U didn't listen to none of em did you?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A whole lot of I only heard Wipe Me Down individuals in here. Anybody ever think how much the 'Famous like the Ninja Turtles' line makes sense considering they was all named after famous Renaissance artist? Ah, probably not. The first thing you will notice about the ninja turtles is that their names are famous right? Ah ? it.
  • 225menace
    225menace Members Posts: 1
    Options
    fair enough

That's a true statement. Jeezy's not a lyricist but his music is great. He switched up his flow and actually got better over time too. The thing is, Boosie IMO can't switch his flow up. The only time i saw Boosie spit a dope verse was the show the world remix. Other than that he's nothing special. Always wondered why Webbie hasn't got the luv Boosie got tho. Webbie's killed Boosie on just about every song they did.

Here are a few better examples of some of his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uypjl3U8Z0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iSrYE6swgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7qZh4ywK00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69LhTvIieO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOEnT9CFooA

I tried to narrow it down to five. Lol, It's a lot to choose from I know I probably missed a couple I could've put. I understand everything you're saying. I feel like he has a decent flow, he may not be the best lyricist but now a days who is? I feel like dude's substance matter is crazy, he really raps about any and everything. Dude has songs about the gov't, the police and law enforcement, to tracks dedicated to his mom, kids, etc.. He just raps about ? that a lot of people can relate to. I just feel as an overall artist he is very underestimated. I understand your issues with the voice though, in his older work his voice was A LOT more tolerable.
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Boosie is also one of the few rappers who just has a natural feel for the live show... dude is able to convey his emotions live better than anyone I've seen since X was on the underground circuit. Cole, Wayne, etc. put together better live shows but as far as just connecting with the audience...I feel like he is up there

That said his last joint superbad has some lukewarm records with dated, tired production...boosies energy and some surprisingly dope guest appearances from trill Ent kept the album afloat but if its anything like that I'm gonna be disappointed

• MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked "Wipe Me Down" doe? And I still du. Why wouldn't I, its a good song.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Definitley coppin

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    I was born in Louisiana and I see how much love Boosie gets. I person all don't get it but I saw how people were going crazy when he came home. Being old enough to remember when PAC got released it is a similar vibe.

The album title comes from a old song off one of his early albums

The title of the song was "touchdown to cause Hell" and it was a song about getting out of prison and goin hard...aka causing hell

To a real boosie fan, his naming his first album out of prison that just makes sense and is genious
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Definitley coppin

You heard the song wit j Cole, classic
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Not a fan of J Coles music way too boring

But a huge Boosie fan
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He fuckn sucks...

• damobb2deep
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    He fuckn sucks...

that's yo opinion but I'm sure there rappers you like that he better than...
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »

The title of the song was "touchdown to cause Hell" and it was a song about getting out of prison and goin hard...aka causing hell

To a real boosie fan, his naming his first album out of prison that just makes sense and is genious

wtf is genius about that, typical Boosie fan cant even spell genius. Way to live up to the stereotype.
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

wtf is genius about that, typical Boosie fan cant even spell genius. Way to live up to the stereotype.

Autocorrect, ? it
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

? this ain't English class.. everyone misspell words... ? i listen to mj...some 90's pop... ? even like 2 Taylor Swift songs... along with boosie... 2 chainz.... and other stereotypical rappers... even kendrick lamar... but I spell "? " with a "y" and other things... bruh what you listen to does not show your intelligence...