X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ people saying this was better than Cap 2

I knew that wouldn't last long.

I aint seeing the movie but I know this is ? .
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    So I guess Bishop was garbage? As expected.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    major complaint is there was just toooooo much buildup
    and just not enough ACTION to leave me (personally) content and satisfied with the end pay off

and I agree that the end credit after scene came off as random,
    really just an after-thought with absolutely no connection to the plot of the movie whatsoever

And this is the main reason these X-Wolverine movies are trash.So the Sentinels were wasted? Singer you ? ? piece of monkey ? .? Fox too.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    major complaint is there was just toooooo much buildup
    and just not enough ACTION to leave me (personally) content and satisfied with the end pay off

and I agree that the end credit after scene came off as random,
    really just an after-thought with absolutely no connection to the plot of the movie whatsoever

And this is the main reason these X-Wolverine movies are trash.So the Sentinels were wasted? Singer you ? ? piece of monkey ? .? Fox too.

The Sentinels reminded me too much like The Destroyer in Thor.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol
    Nah,the Sentinels were wrecking shop!

A lot of those kills were on some Mortal Kombat ?

You really couldn't ask for more on how they repped the "mutant hunting/killing" machines
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Just came back from movies. ? was crowded as ? . Literally every seat was taken. Kinda glad we got there early.

but anyway LAWDDDDDDD HAM MERCY

What them sentinels did to.................. .................................................................................
    Let's just say the ? had me crying b. I was on some soft ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol yea the sentinels were doing some fatality type kills on them

Bishop had 2 lines the whole movie, they only showed Scarlet Witch for like 2 seconds she wasnt even introduced in the film
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Bishop had 2 lines the whole movie, they only showed Scarlet Witch for like 2 seconds she wasnt even introduced in the film

Beside those kills. That one main ? they did to........................................................................................

*sigh* I just can't spoil it for everybody... It was just........... I was Iike: get up!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope movie i enjoyed it
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Beside those kills. That one main ? they did to........................................................................................

*sigh* I just can't spoil it for everybody... It was just........... I was Iike: get up!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threw her over the wall like she was Wednesday trash pick up.
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the movie..Kept me intrigued the whole time
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Excellent movie. i want to see it again
    love the recurring characters. cleaning up the mess Last Stand made. Loved how they got right to the point.
    Have not one complaint
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good movie but not great. Story felt like it had no ? . And ? another Wolverine movie fassbender needs his own magneto movie now
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol so they just gon let magneto leave a stadium on the white house lawn tho?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    It was a good movie but not great. Story felt like it had no ? . And ? another Wolverine movie fassbender needs his own magneto movie now

He could definitely carry that ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cap 2
    Avengers
    Amazin' Spider-Man
    Days of Future Past
    Cap 1

Top five, dead or alive
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen it last night.

Ehh...it was ok. Glad they tied everything up, but "nothing to write home about" *Shrug shoulders*

At this point since they had to fix the mistake of X3...I felt like we haven't gotten a full xmen movie..

.u know w magneto n his brotherhood really getting into some ? n the xmen w cyclops leading the way to stop him; n it's str8 up mutant against mutant...

a lot of teaming up..magneto has roled w the x-men through out a lot of these movies..x2, first class (obviously he had to at first) n a bit of this one..

Hope the next one actually gives us that a fully x men movie..
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also x2 for me was the best out of all of these movies to me..
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should have dropped atleast SOME hints or lil info on..........

That way the next movie wont have to be 80min of builup explaining who and what...
    .is about
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They didn't just clean the slate with X3
    If you really paid attention to this movie you would realize that they pretty much rebooted within the original series just like Star Trek did. NONE of the previous movies are canon now. They are all an alternate timeline including Singer's first 2 movies. Wolverine & Rogue meeting the X-Men happened just NOT how we saw it in the movie X-Men. X2 pretty much didn't happen at all and the same goes with X3 and those Wolverine movies.

As someone who always wanted a reboot & only enjoyed X2 I really liked that they did that. Now the sky is the limit as to where they could go with this ? . I always wanted an X-Men movie to feature the original team (Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Iceman, Angel) going on adventures with each other as a unit & also a non-geriatric Magneto interacting with them.

Now with the next movie I may just finally get that after 14 years of waiting (well except for Iceman he'll be replaced by Storm I guess). For the first time in 11 years I'm actually excited about the future of this franchise and see endless potential.

Next movie Xavier recruits Cyclops, Jean and possibly Angel (since the slate has been wiped clean) to join him and Beast for their cause and it seems like that group will takeover the future of the franchise rewriting it's continuity as they go along. So we could get all sorts of stories happening now that the focus doesn't have to be on Wolverine anymore and could actually be on the X-Men themselves like it always should've been.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Also x2 for me was the best out of all of these movies to me..

It definitely was. Until this one. This is the first one since then that

1) Wasn't super boring
    2) Had significant plot threads and solid characterization all around
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cap 2
    Avengers
    Amazin' Spider-Man
    Days of Future Past
    Cap 1

Top five, dead or alive

Damn no one agrees. What are you ? ' top 5s?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-8.jpg

he looks like one of them space jockeys from prometheus
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cap 2
    Avengers
    Amazin' Spider-Man
    Days of Future Past
    Cap 1

Top five, dead or alive

you left out the first iron man movie the ed Norton incredible hulk movie and thor most people dont' feel any type of way about those two I liked them. add spiderman 2 to the list as well.