Official 2013-14 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    curious to see how Alpha Russ and Beta KD get the role players involved tonight. season on da line at home. hoping for a close game.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Grizzlies look like they're going to go after JVG...give him a similiar role like his brother...coach and run the front office.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta win this one today to snatch their hearts out of their chest.

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    A good breakdown on how spurs are runnin simple plays n okc is lost/lack of effort

http://youtu.be/jeEGSyClVp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6NbJMq-QfU
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Report: Cleveland Cavaliers do not want to offer Kyrie Irving max contact

If the Cavaliers want to see how not offering the full max contract extension to Kyrie Irving would end, they should watch the Kevin Love saga unfold this summer (Minny’s GM at the time refused to offer Love a fifth year, one of the many problems in that relationship). Minnesota is going to lose its cornerstone player, and they pretty much have to trade him for less than equal value to get anything back in return.

Irving has some maturing to do as a team leader but the 22-year-old averaging 20.8 points and 6.1 assists a game, the All-Star Game MVP, is a clear max player, and he is eligible for that extension this summer.

And the Cavaliers may not want to give it to him, reports Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News.

The Cavs are making noises that they aren’t going to offer Kyrie Irving “max money’’ this summer via a long-term extension. They don’t want to deal the 2014 All-Star Game MVP, but it could come to that, especially if the West Orange product and his family continue to tell people that he wants out. Irving hasn’t been a leader in his first three seasons and he’s also gained the unwelcomed reputation as a locker-room problem. Those are two reasons the Cavs don’t see him as a max player.

“He was just handed too much, too soon,’’ said one source. “You’ve got to make these young guys earn it, and that’s where this team did a bad job with him.’’

Irving may need to mature, the Cavaliers may need to bring in some authority-commanding veterans to lead that locker room, but you have a 22-year-old All-Star point guard, one who is a gifted scorer and floor general, and you can pair him the No. 1 pick in a good (not transcendent, but good) draft. Be smart with the pick and you have cornerstones for building a future contender.

Unless you blow it.

There has been some buzz that Irving wouldn’t sign a max extension, but he basically shot that idea down. Everyone signs the max extension after their rookie contract (everyone — LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard and everyone else who forced their way out)… unless you don’t offer it.

This report flips that story on its head.

I wonder if the Cavaliers look at whoever they draft No. 1 and decide not to offer Irving the full five years of the max (you can only have one of those active at a time in the new CBA) and think they are going to offer him four years instead.

Which is what the Timberwolves did to Love. He signed it. But how did that work out?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't offer Irving a max deal either. Not unless he has a John Wall-type of year next year and can get the Cavs to the #7 spot, minimum.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more pleased with the news that Scottie will switch up his starting line up and rotations today than the possibility of Serge coming back.

Would be hilarious if we won tho. The collective "oh ? , not again" coming from spurs fans would be classic. lol

Bottom line - we play D like we did in the first 2 games, we lose. Period. No matter who's on the floor.

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    e650 wrote: »
    when is oden going to play

If they knew Hibbert was going to play like this they wouldn't have signed him.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    SA- 95
    OKC-104
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna do this to Vogel

anigif_enhanced-1524-1400774473-5.gif

? ass coach...
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna do this to Vogel

? ass coach...

Unless he wins a ribg...Vogel ain't coming back and he knows that....
  • zerocool
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    I wanna do this to Vogel

? ass coach...

Unless he wins a ribg...Vogel ain't coming back and he knows that....

Ring
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Vogel's safe. I don't think any of the players should feel comfortable if the Pacers don't have a good showing in this series.
  • zerocool
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    I think Vogel's safe. I don't think any of the players should feel comfortable if the Pacers don't have a good showing in this series.

Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh will not keep vogel with all the ? that happened this season with the pacers.....no way....? been fired for less
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im so tired of this cavs drama....but if irving don't wanna be here ? 'em ...no need to beg a ? to stay who hasn't really done anything for the franchise or gotten us any where since he been here ...is he talented YEA can he get buckets MOS DEF ...but that's where it stops
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh will not keep vogel with all the ? that happened this season with the pacers.....no way....? been fired for less

Finished the season w/ the best record in the East despite all the off-court drama.

• A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    I think the Pacers could use an upgrade at point guard. George Hill seem more like a high quality back up to me. Be dope if they could get Mike Conley or better yet should have kept Darren Collison. Seems like he would have been more valuable than Ian Mahimi.
  • zerocool
    Options
    BDB wrote: »

Show me how d roster looks then we can talk coaches. ARE WE GETTING MELO AND KEVIN LOVE?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I think the Pacers could use an upgrade at point guard. George Hill seem more like a high quality back up to me. Be dope if they could get Mike Conley or better yet should have kept Darren Collison. Seems like he would have been more valuable than Ian Mahimi.

You think? Stating the obvious with this.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm actually curious of what Cleveland's lineup is gonna look like next year.
  • zerocool
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »

Finished the season w/ the best record in the East despite all the off-court drama.

He did a terrible job in the locker roon though
    And if they loose 4-1 against heat with home court advantage.......he's gone
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max Ether if Kyrie ends up in Miami with LBJ in the next cpl years.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more pleased with the news that Scottie will switch up his starting line up and rotations today than the possibility of Serge coming back.

Would be hilarious if we won tho. The collective "oh ? , not again" coming from spurs fans would be classic. lol

Bottom line - we play D like we did in the first 2 games, we lose. Period. No matter who's on the floor.

So ibaka back n This ? aint got nooo hope...if yall was up 2-0..u would be boasting about the ? ..

What happen to that 4-0 in the season ? ?

Won last 10 out of 12? Yall at home with 2 of the best players...doubt okc gets swept
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »

Show me how d roster looks then we can talk coaches. ARE WE GETTING MELO AND KEVIN LOVE?

You better lowercase that ? boa.