Official 2013-14 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Its crazy ....hakeem won 2.... he is immortal. ...lebron has won two with 5 finals......he stillgotta prove himself
    1. Hakeem didnt pronounce himself "King Dream" or refer to himself as "The Chosen One".

2. He didnt make a spectacle of himself with "The Decision"

3. He didnt promise to bring "Not 3. Not 4. Not 5. Not 6." rings to his franchise.

00713 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Its crazy ....hakeem won 2.... he is immortal. ...lebron has won two with 5 finals......he stillgotta prove himself

Get em!

Nggas dont even remember that Hakeem's first 10 years of his career were very similar to Lebron's. Both had a finals appearance, but both had the scrutiny of never winning the big 1.

Lebron gets ? for "building a team", but ? Hakeem wouldnt have won ? if Mike aint retire.

But i will say i think historically everyone outside the IC rates Hakeem accurately. He's as generous as top 8, consensus is in fringe top 10 territory.

The IC? Hakeem Olajuwon is top 5 DOA.

How you figure dream wouldn't have won a title if Mike didn't quit?

I love how people ignore the fact that Jordan came back in 95. And before people start talking about how Jordan wasnt himself. He was averaging more points and shooting a higher FG% percentage in the playoffs than he would the next three postseasons during the second 3-Peat.

So y'all really mad that ? believe in himself.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    1. Hakeem didnt pronounce himself "King Dream" or refer to himself as "The Chosen One".

2. He didnt make a spectacle of himself with "The Decision"

3. He didnt promise to bring "Not 3. Not 4. Not 5. Not 6." rings to his franchise.

00713 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

Get em!

Nggas dont even remember that Hakeem's first 10 years of his career were very similar to Lebron's. Both had a finals appearance, but both had the scrutiny of never winning the big 1.

Lebron gets ? for "building a team", but ? Hakeem wouldnt have won ? if Mike aint retire.

But i will say i think historically everyone outside the IC rates Hakeem accurately. He's as generous as top 8, consensus is in fringe top 10 territory.

The IC? Hakeem Olajuwon is top 5 DOA.

How you figure dream wouldn't have won a title if Mike didn't quit?

I love how people ignore the fact that Jordan came back in 95. And before people start talking about how Jordan wasnt himself. He was averaging more points and shooting a higher FG% percentage in the playoffs than he would the next three postseasons during the second 3-Peat.

So y'all really mad that ? believe in himself.
    There's a difference between believing in yourself and basically calling yourself the face of the NBA before you've
    accomplished anything. I didnt have a problem with Lebron til "The Decision" but I could see how others would.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically folk acting like scorned emotional ? cuz LeBron chose king as his nickname to go with James and said not 1 but 2 etc... As a reason to down play his accomplishments? Smh
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    LOL at anyone thinking Bosh ain't going to the HOF. Dude numbers are better than a lot of people in the Hall.

Robert Parish averaged 14 and 9 for ? sakes and was in the Hall.

Dennis Johnson averaged 14 and 5 and he in the hall of fame.

James Worthy average 17 and 5.

Chris Bosh is a career 19 and 9 dude but let some people tell it, he ain't hall of fame. Bosh has made timely shoots and plays in the Heat playoff runs.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my problem with LeBron is him calling himself humble lol....after calling himself the chosen one and king this king that and the warmup boy could be standing right next to him and he'll still throw his warm ups on the floor for him to pick it up...he seems like a snake to me tbh
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    my problem with LeBron is him calling himself humble lol....after calling himself the chosen one and king this king that and the warmup boy could be standing right next to him and he'll still throw his warm ups on the floor for him to pick it up...he seems like a snake to me tbh

lebron means king bruh
  • Shizlansky
    edited June 2014
    Options
    A ? talking that cash money ? and backing it up. I just don't see the problem.

? big themselves up all the time on court on the field and with their friends.

But a ? say it where everybody can hear it's a problem.

I've been to a cpl Lakers games before. One game I was damn near court side.

And I heard Kobe say "nobody can ? guard me"

I was amped as ? when I heard that. Talking that cash money ? .

I bet none of y'all have a problem with that.

Duncan talking that cash money ? right now. Basically saying they gon handle them ? .

If y'all want a bunch of P. Manning fake ass answers, y'all can have them.

I wanna hear how you really feel.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it seem like ? dislike lebron for non basketball reasons n let that skew how they feel about him on the court
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    @PanchoYoSanco

FYI: lebron means king
    Spanish to English translation..

1lebrón * adj (Méx)
    1 (=astuto) sharp, wide-awake
    2 (=arrogante) boastful
    3 (=taimado) sly

http://dictionary.reverso.net/spanish-english/lebrón
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    it seem like ? dislike lebron for non basketball reasons n let that skew how they feel about him on the court

Lol that is the case.

Supposedly, we've (the city) put up a billboard in response to the Spurs billboard.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    bruh...the media anointed him with all this praise before he stepped in the league and he ran with it...it didn't help his case when melo could of won ROY....BUT now i think its cool cuz he's showing and proving...I still think he a snake tho who knows the warm up boy is going to grab his warm ups with his hand out and he consciously throws the ? on the floor so he has to pick it up...seems like he think he too good for people and I don't like that about anyone who thinks like that
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    @PanchoYoSanco

FYI: lebron means king
    Spanish to English translation..

1lebrón * adj (Méx)
    1 (=astuto) sharp, wide-awake
    2 (=arrogante) boastful
    3 (=taimado) sly

http://dictionary.reverso.net/spanish-english/lebrón

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/LeBron
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    bruh...the media anointed him with all this praise before he stepped in the league and he ran with it...it didn't help his case when melo could of won ROY....BUT now i think its cool cuz he's showing and proving...I still think he a snake tho who knows the warm up boy is going to grab his warm ups with his hand out and he consciously throws the ? on the floor so he has to pick it up...seems like he think he too good for people and I don't like that about anyone who thinks like that

Are you serious with this ? bruh?

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol dude pointing out a thing that happened YEARS ago. He doesn't do that here.
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well if Lebron pulls off this 3 peat and walks away with another Finals MVP ? gone look silly still tryna find ways to belittle him and his legacy...He'd be the 1st Superstar to lead his team to A 3peat while leading the squad in Points,Rebounds,and Assists,1 of 5 players to win at least 3 Finals MVPs (MJ,Magic,Shaq,Duncan,him),and 1 of only 5 players to win at least 4 League MVP Awards (MJ,Russell,Kareem,Wilt).All before 30 years old at that.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

this doesnt seem to happen with kobe for some reason tho
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    kobe-looking-up.jpg?w=941&h=636

• IamNumberOne
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Are you serious with this ? bruh?

yea ? didn't i type it...plus that gif in circulation of him being salty when wade won all star mvp lol the interview he had with Smitty and countless other ? that I'm not going to look into cuz I'm about to bounce
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    kobe-looking-up.jpg?w=941&h=636

not sure what this symbolizes. must be a freepost?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    you left out the part where lebron was given the title of greatest player. with greatness comes great expectations.
    plus hakeem won with less than lebron did.
    if hakeem had barkley and drexler in their primes like the heat trio they'da won a whole lot more

A lot of Bulls fans and Jordan ? riders would disagree. They swear had MJ not retired the Bulls would win every title for the decade
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this doesnt seem to happen with kobe for some reason tho

kobe-finger-wag-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

Que?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No kobe is the poster boy for what you just said
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bean and Bron get that type of hate ? will try to add fugazi basketball reasons to veil it but real ? see through the BS.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    So real ? don't get it twisted