The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread (June 12th 2014 - July 13th 2014)

Options

Comments

• Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s0j0urner wrote: »
    Figo wrote: »
    Speaking as a non-Nigerian - Yep, Nigeria sucks! Might as well bring Jay Jay Okocha & Kanu (sp) back; I do not see this current making any noise.

lol @ Moses being the best player on this squad - he couldn't do ? for us in EPL, so how he is the best player, beats me.

edit: GO #teamUSA, #teamEngland, #teamDutch

How the hell u have 3 teams bruh? That's donkey ? riding no homilz.

Glad you caught that, lol

Dutch dad
    Raised in the UK (and Africa)
    Live in the States

- so torn broski!

^ TMI.

cool vibes. cheapseat football thread cultured up with folks from all over the world big time. good look.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naija sucked. Country is the definition of underacheiving
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking as a non-Nigerian - Yep, Nigeria sucks! Might as well bring Jay Jay Okocha & Kanu (sp) back; I do not see this current making any noise.

lol @ Moses being the best player on this squad - he couldn't do ? for us in EPL, so how he is the best player, beats me.

edit: GO #teamUSA, #teamEngland, #teamDutch

How the hell u have 3 teams bruh? That's donkey ? riding no homilz.

Glad you caught that, lol

Dutch dad
    Raised in the UK (and Africa)
    Live in the States

- so torn broski!

^ TMI.

cool vibes. cheapseat football thread cultured up with folks from all over the world big time. good look.

I know, sometimes I wake reminding me self where I am at, crazy!

Anyway - I am leaning towards oranje...

article-0-0A071DFB000005DC-622_634x409.jpg

article-1286788-0A082CA1000005DC-723_634x498.jpg

mujeres+holanda.jpg

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
    all them ? average af
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ that wasn't the point I was trying to make!

Post your above average ? then.

tempted to ask who you are.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    Ya ? , are taking friendlies to serious.

If u cannot get a gauge of a team's strengths and weaknesses after 3 friendlies matches, then u are the ? . Do u think they play those games just for ? and giggles?

Nigeria will whipp the u.s ass
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just copped 2014 Fifa World Cup and its >> Fifa 14.

For ? of it I qualified Puerto Rico For the World Cup .

Quite Frankly I dont follow any Euro leagues (? Europe) Always found internationals play more appealing.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Quite Frankly I dont follow any Euro leagues (? Europe) Always found internationals play more appealing.

You're missing out.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

You're missing out.

not missing a damn thing
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nice advert, still ain't buying their ? headphones.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nadal 9 French opens. Unreal
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Nadal 9 French opens. Unreal

Nadal owns the Stade Roland Garros.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2014
    Options
    article-2649499-1E7D080300000578-873_634x406.jpg

article-2649499-1E7D3BD300000578-960_634x892.jpg

article-2649499-1E7CF79400000578-774_634x874.jpg

article-2649499-1E7D3B8400000578-296_634x807.jpg

article-2649499-1E7CEB2C00000578-360_634x425.jpg

article-2649499-1A7667B0000005DC-358_634x356.jpg

Behind the Scenes with Rachel Riley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0pOsXhC5o

Rachel Riley, 2014 World Cup Winner Prediction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYN_8WvBjEw

Rachel Riley - shame she's a Man Ure fan.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    FIFA's decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar came under further scrutiny as The Sunday Times published new allegations that Mohamed Bin Hammam used his wealth and top level contacts to buy support for the oil-rich country's successful bid.

The newspaper, which last week claimed that the former FIFA Executive Committee member made payments totaling $5 million to senior football officials to seal support for Qatar, also accused Bin Hammam of using $1.7 million to secure key Asian votes.

It alleged that Bin Hammam arranged government level talks for Thailand's FIFA executive Worawi Makudi to discuss a gas sale "potentially worth tens of millions of dollars to Thailand'' and that he was invited to visit Vladimir Putin before Russia and Qatar's victories in the votes for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Under a front-page headline of "Gas deal turns heat on World Cup," the newspaper alleged that Bin Hammam arranged meeting and favors for voters in the months leading to the ballots.

The 2010 vote, which awarded football's biggest tournament to the tiny desert state, is under investigation by FIFA's independent ethics prosecutor. Qatar organizers deny any wrongdoing.

In a statement released on Saturday following its Executive Committee's second meeting of the year in Sao Paulo, FIFA said "the executive reaffirmed its position of letting the ethics committee complete its work before making any comment."

According to the newspaper, which says it had access to millions of secret documents during its investigation, Bin Hammam brokered two secret meetings with Qatari royals to discuss a major gas deal with a senior aide to Makudi.

"The exact nature of the deal on the table is unclear, but it came as Thailand sought to save tens of millions of pounds by renegotiating an arrangement with Qatar to purchase 1 million tons of liquefied natural gas each year at a contractual price it considered too high," the newspaper said.

The Sunday Times said that Makudi denied that he had received a personal "concession" from his involvement but did not elaborate.

Bin Hammam is no longer a committee member of world football's governing body after being caught up in a corruption scandal surrounding his failed campaign for its presidency in 2011.

The Sunday Times claimed that the $1.7 million Bin Hammam paid to Asian officials from funds controlled by his private company Kemco were used as he was campaigning for both the Qatar World Cup bid and for his own re-election to the post of president of the Asian Football Confederation.

The newspaper said he was invited to a meeting by Russia to discuss "bilateral relations" in sport between Qatar and Russia on Oct. 30, 2010, a month before the vote on the bids.

"Two days later, Qatar's ruling emir also flew to Moscow for talks about joint gas production deals between the two countries,'' the Sunday Times said.

Revote
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FIFA's decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar came under further scrutiny as The Sunday Times published new allegations that Mohamed Bin Hammam used his wealth and top level contacts to buy support for the oil-rich country's successful bid.

The newspaper, which last week claimed that the former FIFA Executive Committee member made payments totaling $5 million to senior football officials to seal support for Qatar, also accused Bin Hammam of using $1.7 million to secure key Asian votes.

It alleged that Bin Hammam arranged government level talks for Thailand's FIFA executive Worawi Makudi to discuss a gas sale "potentially worth tens of millions of dollars to Thailand'' and that he was invited to visit Vladimir Putin before Russia and Qatar's victories in the votes for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Under a front-page headline of "Gas deal turns heat on World Cup," the newspaper alleged that Bin Hammam arranged meeting and favors for voters in the months leading to the ballots.

The 2010 vote, which awarded football's biggest tournament to the tiny desert state, is under investigation by FIFA's independent ethics prosecutor. Qatar organizers deny any wrongdoing.

In a statement released on Saturday following its Executive Committee's second meeting of the year in Sao Paulo, FIFA said "the executive reaffirmed its position of letting the ethics committee complete its work before making any comment."

According to the newspaper, which says it had access to millions of secret documents during its investigation, Bin Hammam brokered two secret meetings with Qatari royals to discuss a major gas deal with a senior aide to Makudi.

"The exact nature of the deal on the table is unclear, but it came as Thailand sought to save tens of millions of pounds by renegotiating an arrangement with Qatar to purchase 1 million tons of liquefied natural gas each year at a contractual price it considered too high," the newspaper said.

The Sunday Times said that Makudi denied that he had received a personal "concession" from his involvement but did not elaborate.

Bin Hammam is no longer a committee member of world football's governing body after being caught up in a corruption scandal surrounding his failed campaign for its presidency in 2011.

The Sunday Times claimed that the $1.7 million Bin Hammam paid to Asian officials from funds controlled by his private company Kemco were used as he was campaigning for both the Qatar World Cup bid and for his own re-election to the post of president of the Asian Football Confederation.

The newspaper said he was invited to a meeting by Russia to discuss "bilateral relations" in sport between Qatar and Russia on Oct. 30, 2010, a month before the vote on the bids.

"Two days later, Qatar's ruling emir also flew to Moscow for talks about joint gas production deals between the two countries,'' the Sunday Times said.

Revote

Would love to see a revote but I don't think it will happen.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH Jamaica getting battered...
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options

Di Canio: Tired Rooney will struggle in heat

Paolo Di Canio believes Italy will have the edge over England next week because Premier League stars such as Wayne Rooney are going into the tournament "cooked.''

The former Sunderland boss feels the punishing domestic schedule in England will by the undoing of Roy Hodgson's men in Brazil. The Italian highlighted Rooney's all-action style and believes the Manchester United striker will once again fail to fire on the biggest stage.

"England are missing parts, the reserves are not up to par. And the players are tired. I really like Rooney but he arrives in these competitions cooked, because he plays a lot of games in the season,'' he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He gives all of himself, in every game, but the temperatures in Brazil will be very hard for him.

"They do not have a winter break. It's nice to play at Christmas, but they pay the price for this in June when the fatigue can be devastating.''

However, Di Canio is intrigued by the younger players in the England squad, picking out Ross Barkley, Raheem Sterling and Luke Shaw.

"They have interesting talents. I think in Sterling, Sturridge, Barkley. I like Shaw, who for me is one of the strongest full-backs in Europe -- incredible strength, he is never tired," he added. "But the English do have a problem - they do not play much together, but they must improve their understanding and they do not attack the space well.''

Di Canio is not entirely convinced by Italy either, who have not won since beating the Czech Republic in September 2013, but he is still tipping them to be stronger than England.

"Lately I've noticed some difficulties, but the Italian players have the value of flexibility, they can change position,'' he added. "They may lack a true identity, but the physical work done in the last two weeks will put them in a good position compared to the English, who are exhausted.''

• cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

France 8-0 Jamaica
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOZ2z4ZNfDU
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arsenal & Tottenham Stars Asked Deschamps To Leave Samir Nasri Out Of France Squad

Laurent Koscielny and Hugo Lloris didn't want Nasri in the squad...

Famous French football journalists Pierre Mennes and Daniel Riolo have suggested that Didier Deschamps' decision to leave Samir Nasri out of his World Cup squad was more down to the influence of Arsenal's Laurent Koscielny and Tottenham's Hugo Lloris.
    .@PierreMenes claiming that Landreau, Koscielny and Lloris were behind the exclusion of Nasri from the squad. #EDF pic.twitter.com/TSb1Is7n1z
    —
    Get French Football (@GFN_France) June 8, 2014

Samir Nasri shone for Manchester City last term as he won his second title in three Premier League seasons - but he still wasn't selected as part of the 23 man squad.

Rumors have circulated that Nasri's questionable attitude led some of the senior players in the French squad to request their manager to leave him out.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

France 8-0 Jamaica
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOZ2z4ZNfDU

fcb907b7f6bca1cdf711be7ea0e3d65fda82004509fa135adea94d1a0d1225b2.jpg

• Young_Chitlin
    Options
    I made a pickem group for espn, World Wide Picks