Whats wrong with my generation of Blacks?

Options

Comments

• Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not gonna lie, ? nowadays seem like ? and will put on a act for other races to laugh
    I would say more but on mobile.

What do yall think ?

Whats ur generation? If u a 90s baby then your saying the under 24 ? is coo in but IMO it's everybody older than that so the 80s ? babies are the real ? . 90s ? haven't made there mark yet.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Tymoney19‌ born in 96 so u tell me I get confused with that type of stuff am I a 90s or 00s
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Just curious to how you group a whole generation of a race with just the people you know and see on tv? You travel often?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are many answers:

They (the government) hit us with the ? and guns in the early 80's and we're still recovering from the bad parenting that took place during that time is one answer.

Unreasonable expectations is another answer.

Taking things out of context and not understanding what subjectivity is, is another answer.

etc.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Just curious to how you group a whole generation of a race with just the people you know and see on tv? You travel often?

Not every black person is like this but they're a group of blacks that fit what we are saying. And I dont need to travel around the nation to back up my point when u can just look around you with what some of these guys r doing and social media m (but I have traveled quite a bit)
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    Danm I hate typing on mobile took me a while to type that and get rid of some big errors
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Majority of us posting post from mobile.

The maximum range of an excuse is zero, bro. Get it together.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    GAHDZILLAH wrote: »
    Majority of us posting post from mobile.

The maximum range of an excuse is zero, bro. Get it together.
    Ur right I have no excuse.

Just like u don't when it comes to being a ? . Get it together bro
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last generation fault for raising them this way.

Shrugs.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weak ass couldn't even come up with an intelligent or witty rebuttal yet wants to degrade the new generation of black folk.

I'm grown, bro. Calling me a ? is like throwing rocks at ? . Chances are you'll hit yourself before you ever hit me.

Upgrade your feeble, remedial mentality, bro.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    GAHDZILLAH wrote: »
    Weak ass couldn't even come up with an intelligent or witty rebuttal yet wants to degrade the new generation of black folk.

I'm grown, bro. Calling me a ? is like throwing rocks at ? . Chances are you'll hit yourself before you ever hit me.

Upgrade your feeble, remedial mentality, bro.

Please show me where in that post of yours is it witty.

for the rest of ur post foh, u taking this IC ? to serious.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody let me know when these Whiny ass threads Stop .
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When ? stop complaining about whiny ass threads yet post in em.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »

When ? stop complaining about whiny ass threads yet post in em.

It'll also def stop when ? stop defending fuckery and emotional characters on here & mind they ? business .

Somebody gotta point the ? or they wont know . . . *Shrug*
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I think the civil right generation didn't accomplish enough. Duped, sabotaged, and settled leaving a ? in the movement that eventually became a hole that is now the broken levy over taken by racism.

You got folks trying to piece the foundation back together. Folks that just found a way to swim and not drown. Then you got folks dead in the water. This division is keeping us from getting on the same page as a whole and making whats ours.

The Clippers and Bieber situation have shown me ? won't pop off till we are all (rich and poor... accepted and rejected) are forced to fight our way out of it.... again.

In a way... white people need to keep up the bad work. They haven't ? enough of us off yet.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Decadence & hedonism are two major factors. We that were born in the 80s and raised in the 90s were born at a time where lavish lifestyles became the norm, even for those living in poverty stricken areas.

This lifestyle encouraged sex, the endless pursuit of money and status above all else and in the end it degraded our ability to focus on important issues and instead we pursue things that really prove detrimental to us.

Although we didn't create these issues we fell into them much more heavily than previous generations. ? these days will rationalize both using and dealing drugs, engaging in rampant sex at the risk or the family structure, abandoning educational goals in exchange for dreams of careers in entertainment

We were the first generation to see the opportunity being an athlete really had, with the multi-million dollar basketball contracts coupled with sneaker deals. We were the first to see how much money music can really bring to you. Record label deals worth millions, jewelry, fancy cars and clothes as well as your choice of any woman on earth.

Who wouldn't want that?

Of course we also turned a blind eye to what life is like when you ignore reality. We didn't notice what we had to sacrifice to attain those things, we just wanted them because they were "cool".

There wasn't anything "cool" about having knowledge of self and knowing how society functions and how to properly operate in it. There's no models falling at the feet of nerds, no benzes, no "ice", no multimillion dollar homes and so we aren't interested.

The 1980s changed everything. Politically, socially, economically, culturally it all went to pieces. The 90s and now the 00s are the only eras I can really think of that had no big pro-black social movement. The 70s continued where the 60s left off and the 60s took what started in the 50s and decades before to new heights.

We dropped the ball because we thought the work was done and now it was time to cash in on our grandparents work...and some of us are but for every LeBron James there are probably 2,000 that failed to even get close and had no plan B just In case.

Langston Hughes asked "what happens to a dream deferred?" ? I think these kids today are the answer.

@jono this is one of the best posts ive read on this here forum.

Thread closer....
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them nba players are damn near 30
    Lil wayne is 30+
    Mayweather is almost 40
    Usher is In his 30's
    Stivano is almost 40
    Then reality show ? are mostly in their 30's.

Cooning is taught
    White folks teach their kids racist jokes, black folks teach their kids tap dancing.

? act As if, the previous generation was socially conScience. Gtfoh, yall was ? heads hoes and drug dealers.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Them nba players are damn near 30
    Lil wayne is 30+
    Mayweather is almost 40
    Usher is In his 30's
    Stivano is almost 40
    Then reality show ? are mostly in their 30's.

Cooning is taught
    White folks teach their kids racist jokes, black folks teach their kids tap dancing.

? act As if, the previous generation was socially conScience. Gtfoh, yall was ? heads hoes and drug dealers.
    Better artist, musicians,great leaders and knowledge came from that era as well. What good things are coming from this new generation? The music is trash, the styles are wack, knowledge is absent and there are no leaders.

You singled out only what part as if drugs, dealers and hoes are not rampant this generation. Back then there was a balance.

There is no balance today, just garbage with idiots running around shooting random people both in the burbs and the hood. I remember when you only got killed if yo were in some street ? . Now you get killed cause some kid is in his feelings.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Cuz the generation before us failed us
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crime in general has been on a steady decline since the 80's. I wonder if I'ma be this ? when I get older
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    Cuz the generation before us failed us

Thats what alot seem to be saying.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Crime in general has been on a steady decline since the 80's. I wonder if I'ma be this ? when I get older

Crime is at historic lows. Teen pregnancies way down. Drop out rates way down. "keepin it realism" way down. Objectively, things have improved tremendously from the 90s for instance. That guy on that ranch started it with the "let me tell you about the negroes", then people just been unleashing all their built up feelings about "those negroes" lately haha.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Decadence & hedonism are two major factors. We that were born in the 80s and raised in the 90s were born at a time where lavish lifestyles became the norm, even for those living in poverty stricken areas.

This lifestyle encouraged sex, the endless pursuit of money and status above all else and in the end it degraded our ability to focus on important issues and instead we pursue things that really prove detrimental to us.

Although we didn't create these issues we fell into them much more heavily than previous generations. ? these days will rationalize both using and dealing drugs, engaging in rampant sex at the risk or the family structure, abandoning educational goals in exchange for dreams of careers in entertainment

We were the first generation to see the opportunity being an athlete really had, with the multi-million dollar basketball contracts coupled with sneaker deals. We were the first to see how much money music can really bring to you. Record label deals worth millions, jewelry, fancy cars and clothes as well as your choice of any woman on earth.

Who wouldn't want that?

Of course we also turned a blind eye to what life is like when you ignore reality. We didn't notice what we had to sacrifice to attain those things, we just wanted them because they were "cool".

There wasn't anything "cool" about having knowledge of self and knowing how society functions and how to properly operate in it. There's no models falling at the feet of nerds, no benzes, no "ice", no multimillion dollar homes and so we aren't interested.

The 1980s changed everything. Politically, socially, economically, culturally it all went to pieces. The 90s and now the 00s are the only eras I can really think of that had no big pro-black social movement. The 70s continued where the 60s left off and the 60s took what started in the 50s and decades before to new heights.

We dropped the ball because we thought the work was done and now it was time to cash in on our grandparents work...and some of us are but for every LeBron James there are probably 2,000 that failed to even get close and had no plan B just In case.

Langston Hughes asked "what happens to a dream deferred?" ? I think these kids today are the answer.

Okay cool, now what's the a solution? You're conscious of a problem, so what are you consciously doing to solve this dilemma?

What's the next step?
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options