I Want Dr Dre, Diddy, 50 Cent, Ice Cube and Jay Z To Bring Back The Arsenio Hall Show

Options

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you want some of the wealthiest, most influential figures in Hip Hop to pool their resources together and set aside years and years of personal issues.... for a talk show?

Not a Black owned major distribution company. Not an alternative media outlet. Not some sort of organization which could topple the existing corporate structure which has degraded the culture into the ? it is today...

You talmbout a talk show?
    iverson-3-1.jpg
    ^^^^^^Thanks sir ? a lot smh

But it's called making a STATEMENT. Ofcourse you wouldn't know anything about that being the new generation of swagged out ? 's. It would definitely make a statement if ? like Diddy, Jay & 50 all helped put another black man on his feet.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand thread.....................figures
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not empower another young cat with a show? There are way more black men in the world, why he hung up on just one of them?

Arsenio had his run(s), let duke step back and put a young brother or sister in that spot.

Of course this is hypothetical, because we know most these ? ain't getting involved with no ? like this.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why when certain blacks get successful, ? feel the need they need to address every black issue. When I say address I mean put their hard earn money.

Arsenio had his time, his show did not relate to this newer generation. Imo If someone like Chappelle was to host a show it would do better.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ok with his show being canceled. Frees up his time to film coming to America 3.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread proves why there is no heritage of wealth in the black community. The very notion of black industry abhors ? . Stay mindfucked.

I would like to see Arsenio back on the air. They could move the show to another channel, and have the aforementioned rappers invest in the production fees. Hell, Ice Cube can do that alone or just get his production company to do the work. It would be good for both parties involved. If Arsenio does get "old" or "outdated" then they could pass the show to someone younger like Leno or Carson did.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe clark wrote: »
    Man I feel you .... these ? geekin talkin negative ... Jay Diddy Cube and Dre shld bring back Arsenio .... but not just stop there .... bring back Martin, Malcolm, Pac Biggie.... Jay Diddy Cube and Dre got da answers ...... but on a serious note this the dumbest ? I read all month ..... They just brung the show back it got cancelled for a reason ...... so Y in the exact ? wld ? bring it back again ?? to make a point ? Jay jus got ? beat up in a elevator by his wife lil sister he dont have time for Arsenio Hall long head ass jus to make your stupid ass happy .... da ? is u high ? Thats like 50 rereleasing Animal Ambition hoping it do better a month later then its release date .... lol I hope u realize how dum this ? u said was ... lol ..... this was my fun for the day

whooo this ? is hilarious in morgan freeman's voice lol

08763-1.jpg
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why does hip hop have to do it? why not ask oprah, denzel, and eddie murphy to do it? oprah has O.W.N. so why not ask her? we have to stop putting everything on hip hop ? .
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched some on youtube and looked wack.they rappers wouldnt want to be involved with trash

cs.. no knock to dude. love to see any brother getting shine on tv.. but I watched a bunch of clips from the show and it was maaaad boring...he wasn't very entertaining IMHO.. hope he get on doing something though
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you want some of the wealthiest, most influential figures in Hip Hop to pool their resources together and set aside years and years of personal issues.... for a talk show?

Not a Black owned major distribution company. Not an alternative media outlet. Not some sort of organization which could topple the existing corporate structure which has degraded the culture into the ? it is today...

You talmbout a talk show?
    iverson-3-1.jpg

Now you know damn good and well nigguhs don't think about the big picture. Of course it makes sense to help one person instead of helping hundreds or thousands of people over time. Of course it makes sense to save one show instead of building a foundation where you could provide a home/resource for that show and many other African American shows/businesses/investments. #sarcasm. And I say that as a someone who grew up on the original Arsenio show and watched it faithfully. I hate it had to be him, but blacks have to think bigger and start building their own infrastructure so that they can employ and take care of self instead of always relying on other races to do so for us.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet or Revolt could pick it up
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't Arsenio just go on youtube or hulu plus or some ? like that.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »
    Couldn't Arsenio just go on youtube or hulu plus or some ? like that.

You don't get it. Arsenio represents Hip Hop. Back in the 80s and early 90s he would have a rapper on his show two or three nights a week. And they'd sit on the couch. That might not mean anything to your generation, but I grew up living and breathing Hip Hop 20 years before you were born and I'm telling you, Arsenio was a saviour for our generation. Anybody that was born between 1970 and 1980 knows what I'm saying.

And why should the media be controlled by outsiders? It doesn't even make any sense.

It can't be that expensive or difficult to run a media conglomorate. All you need is a radio station and tv station in every major market. If you have guys who are worth 100s of millions of dollars coordinating it then it shouldn't be a problem.

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe the people who you mentioned
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Puff was a real ? he would give Arsenio his own slot on Revolt.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there some unwritten rule that all black people must help all other black people on some mason ? ?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's just say the people you mentioned somehow "saved" the show. If the people weren't watching during the first season of his return, what would galvanize the people into watching the second season?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It just doesn't make sense
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This new generation of young ? are weak and dumb and the sad thing is that yall not even trying to hear where 5 grand coming from. The responses in this thread hurt me to read. Yall ? don't love my culture.

First and foremost don't let these neo uncle toms like @usmarine scare yall with that black people putting together resources is a weakness ? . Them 2 crazy pale faced terrorists spent time at a COMPOUND with other LIKE MINDED whites SHARING money guns resources to further the WHITE cause. When your local Asian man goes to buy a property in Asian hood his Asian bank/brother HELPS him get a loan. Jews and Italians love to tell stories of their close knit COMMUNITIES looking out for one another when their young families where starting out. The Mexicans are all about FAMILY. Even Africans and Non americanized Black/Dark people help each other build here faster than us spoiled black ? . Damn do the truth hurt that much you don't want to digest it and at least try?

That's what 5 grand trying to do. Bringing and idea to the table. ? every ? that hit the feeling button on him. Yall young dumb ? be the first ones trying to show off for pico ob kai and rest of females and male catfish trolls that will never ? or meet yall pathetic lonely ? with that tired ass "fatherless" "undisciplined" line but yet yall in here acting like some close minded ? when we're talking about ALPHA MALE natural instincts such as LEGACY RESPECT and most important LEADERSHIP and ability to ORGANIZE. You ? are so spoiled with the rapid development of technology today you barely have the capacity to soak in how life and hip hop was so different and primitive in the arsenio era. In 1989 Radio only played rap normally if you lived in New York Chicago LA And even then it was formatted to mix show blocks. Radio was independent then. No clear channel to force ? down your throat so old ass white independent station managers were not having rap music on their stations at all. You had to be lucky to live near a black metropolitan area that had a black music block in order to get a CHANCE to hear rap. In 1989 lots of ? was not able to afford cable to watch yo mtv raps like spoiled ass white kids always talk about. VCR s were 300-400 so it ain't like everyone had one either. Keep in mind you couldn't just go to Walmart or target or mall like now a days to go get a rap album. Major retailers black wrapped them and put them behind counter and after that FBI/NWA ? in 1989 a lot of stores refused to carry rap at all. When you add up all the ? I'm telling yall dumb ? . The casual rap fan could go WEEKS or MONTHS without hearing rap. Arsenio hall was the first blackman on late night TV with the rest of those overrated non entwrtaiing white hosts killing it. AH made a major and daring splash bringing relevant black topics to mainstream viewers. He was bold and fresh arsenio hall made audience interaction and jokes hot way before Kimmel fall on and rest of white guys yall praise in gNS. When his ratings got big he did not turn his back on hip hop. Aresnio got death threats for supporting Luke Skywalker in 1990 when he fought for freedom of speech. Aresenio got threatened to get his show pulled in 92 when he expressed his views about La riots. AH been there for hip hop to give us a platform to speak out whether people cared or not. AH appreance helped your record sales to markets you couldn't reach. He is the ? 5 grand trying to tell ya and yes these rappers should feel more than obligated to keep this show running.
  • LouboutinGawd
    LouboutinGawd Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    This new generation of young ? are weak and dumb and the sad thing is that yall not even trying to hear where 5 grand coming from. The responses in this thread hurt me to read. Yall ? don't love my culture.

First and foremost don't let these neo uncle toms like @usmarine scare yall with that black people putting together resources is a weakness ? . Them 2 crazy pale faced terrorists spent time at a COMPOUND with other LIKE MINDED whites SHARING money guns resources to further the WHITE cause. When your local Asian man goes to buy a property in Asian hood his Asian bank/brother HELPS him get a loan. Jews and Italians love to tell stories of their close knit COMMUNITIES looking out for one another when their young families where starting out. The Mexicans are all about FAMILY. Even Africans and Non americanized Black/Dark people help each other build here faster than us spoiled black ? . Damn do the truth hurt that much you don't want to digest it and at least try?

That's what 5 grand trying to do. Bringing and idea to the table. ? every ? that hit the feeling button on him. Yall young dumb ? be the first ones trying to show off for pico ob kai and rest of females and male catfish trolls that will never ? or meet yall pathetic lonely ? with that tired ass "fatherless" "undisciplined" line but yet yall in here acting like some close minded ? when we're talking about ALPHA MALE natural instincts such as LEGACY RESPECT and most important LEADERSHIP and ability to ORGANIZE. You ? are so spoiled with the rapid development of technology today you barely have the capacity to soak in how life and hip hop was so different and primitive in the arsenio era. In 1989 Radio only played rap normally if you lived in New York Chicago LA And even then it was formatted to mix show blocks. Radio was independent then. No clear channel to force ? down your throat so old ass white independent station managers were not having rap music on their stations at all. You had to be lucky to live near a black metropolitan area that had a black music block in order to get a CHANCE to hear rap. In 1989 lots of ? was not able to afford cable to watch yo mtv raps like spoiled ass white kids always talk about. VCR s were 300-400 so it ain't like everyone had one either. Keep in mind you couldn't just go to Walmart or target or mall like now a days to go get a rap album. Major retailers black wrapped them and put them behind counter and after that FBI/NWA ? in 1989 a lot of stores refused to carry rap at all. When you add up all the ? I'm telling yall dumb ? . The casual rap fan could go WEEKS or MONTHS without hearing rap. Arsenio hall was the first blackman on late night TV with the rest of those overrated non entwrtaiing white hosts killing it. AH made a major and daring splash bringing relevant black topics to mainstream viewers. He was bold and fresh arsenio hall made audience interaction and jokes hot way before Kimmel fall on and rest of white guys yall praise in gNS. When his ratings got big he did not turn his back on hip hop. Aresnio got death threats for supporting Luke Skywalker in 1990 when he fought for freedom of speech. Aresenio got threatened to get his show pulled in 92 when he expressed his views about La riots. AH been there for hip hop to give us a platform to speak out whether people cared or not. AH appreance helped your record sales to markets you couldn't reach. He is the ? 5 grand trying to tell ya and yes these rappers should feel more than obligated to keep this show running.

fvjvhs.jpg
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

Thank you. Its not just a matter of keeping a show on the air. Its a matter of continuing a legacy and tradition. Its about empowerment. Its about turning on the TV and seeing young and old rappers voice their opinions on society. When the new Arsenio Hall show came on one of the first guests he had on was Chuck D. Chuck voiced his opinion on current rap trends. Guys like Jimmy Fallon, Dave Letterman and Conan O'Brien aren't gonna invite Chuck D on their show, they're gonna invite 2 Chainz or Soulja Boy.

Dre, Jay Z, Ice Cube, Diddy, Ice Cube, Master P, etc. know and understand the importance of the media and they also know and understand who controls the media. Its time to unite and take control of our own media outlets and stop letting outsiders determine which guests you see on the late night shows. Its time to blacklist the industry ? and support a new generation of rappers that actually have something worthwhile to say.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok to all the older dudes is the arsenio hall show really important to our history or is it just a blast to the past? i remember watching arsenio hall i was a loyal viewer like many but i didnt consider it to be a hip hop late night talk show. i remember nwa being on there running to the stage but it wasnt like yeah this is a hip hop show.