2»

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Foul
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I know mad ? with mugshots online. ? is hilarious...because it ain't me. In truth, ? is kinda foul. Not only do they have the mugshot, but the ? crime you are accused of or committed. In Georgia, they got your full criminal history online, arrests dates, release dates, if you're still in jail they have the date you are scheduled to be released and all that.

? is crazy.

Everytime I look at a news website and see this ? , I'm like damn - they ? . And most of it looks like just charges, not even convicted and your ? is cemented on the internet to ? up any current / future employment.

Could be as simple as getting arrested by some ? cop.

Then there's the whole point of why the ? is even necessary or being facilitated.

Why are public resources being spent on publishing mugshots ?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been arrested and never put in the "gotcha" paper( the paper in va with mugshots/charges) post.....
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Fair
    My brothers online mugshot shows up on my phone whenever he calls
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul
    I deem it unfair but if you don't want to get exposed don't do the crime I guess. the flea market used to have "a wall of fame" with polaroid pictures of people who got caught shop lifting. so even if there was no internet people are still getting exposed . even in local papers they have mugshot galleries. kia of my neck my back fame has a gang of mugshots. she looks like a straight up booster. she looks like she's banned from swap meets, drugstores and ladyfootlockers all over florida.
  • 7figz
    Options
    Foul
    I deem it unfair but if you don't want to get exposed don't do the crime I guess. the flea market used to have "a wall of fame" with polaroid pictures of people who got caught shop lifting. so even if there was no internet people are still getting exposed . even in local papers they have mugshot galleries. kia of my neck my back fame has a gang of mugshots. she looks like a straight up booster. she looks like she's banned from swap meets, drugstores and ladyfootlockers all over florida.

The thing is all you have to do, apparently, is merely get arrested. You're not even found guilty in court before they post your mugshot.

Even at that point, if you were found guilty, is it part of your sentence to publicly post your mugshot ? That ? is ridiculous.

It's not even like it's some department store ? where they have you on camera and put a paper on the wall for you not to come back, this is our government doing this ? ass ? with our tax money.

In the same vein, I wonder if there was a site called slutshots that had mugshot-type pictures of chicks who some dude ? , how long it would take to face all kind of lawsuits ?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair

29386fp.jpg

Didn't bruh get caught stealing cookout lighters or some ? ??
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Fair - if they're found guilty
    I mean it is what it is. Me n my homie got arrested out in Miami once. Memorial day weekend, some bullshyt...the other homies bailed us out. Real good friends.

One of those same good friends posted our mugshots on his Myspace (when it was poppin) with the tag 'Came on vacation, left on probation''. Had like 100 comments. All i could do was laugh....to stop from crying.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    Word to towers
  • 7figz
    Options
    Foul
    2017 bump...

Still SMH at this practice. MFs mugshot plastered all over the internet at the discretion of a pig.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Fair
    My brothers online mugshot shows up on my phone whenever he calls

Still does
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul
    Publically making mugshots available is ? . It serves zero purpose other than to publicly shame someone who might not even be ultimately convicted anyway.

It's just more evidence that our justice system is broken: from top to bottom what should be a system that promotes rehabilitation instead is a system that publicly shames and then continually punishes people even after they've served their time.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we had this thing called DUI Weds..if you got caught DUI, your mugshot would be in the paper on the following weds. mfs were getting ROASTED. ? was all fine and dandy until the governors niece ended up on it. all of a sudden the cops pulled it because it was a pilot program.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair

29386fp.jpg

I'm so out the loop. What's the story behind this?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Fair

29386fp.jpg

Former ic poster who died
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    I'm so thankful mine can't be found on Google anymore. Texas played me with that ? .
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    And I voted fair?

Wtf
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Foul
    It's foul...
    Innocent ppl get convicted all of the time. Even if they are guilty, they're doing their time and/or paying those fines. That's their legal punishment. Not some funky ass photo some random employer or in-law can pull up 10 years later. I'm glad that they stop doing that bs in GA.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually was good 2 C a few of mine. I had 360 waves with the freshest fade. All bald now with a Bomb gig. Wish I could find them again and save em. No shame, mere tapestry in my halls of life.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    The law states that they are public record......

If you know when and what you were arrested for then they release the pics........

Problem is.....

They are just releasing all of these pics for profit.....

Not in accordance with. Open records acts.......

A lot of counties are stopping this ? ......

CaYJegFUMAA7Q-j.jpg

? get arrested every day, B.

Being public record doesn't give anyone the right to publish those pics and charges. With a lot of people getting arrested then later acquitted, or having the charges dropped, or whatever the case it makes no sense to publish their mugshot and what they were arrested for.

I've been in court enough times and seen a shitload of cats walk away from some pretty ? up charges due to police stupidity (i.e. entrapment), lack of evidence, or even have people cut a deal to plead guilty on a charge, have it set aside for 3-6 months, and if they stay out of trouble have it dismissed or even expunged (which happened to one of my boys back around 2002). What would be the purpose of publishing a mugshot when the charges didn't stick? The only thing it could really do would be to ? up a person's chances of future employment should it ever be found by HR.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I mean it is what it is. Me n my homie got arrested out in Miami once. Memorial day weekend, some bullshyt...the other homies bailed us out. Real good friends.

One of those same good friends posted our mugshots on his Myspace (when it was poppin) with the tag 'Came on vacation, left on probation''. Had like 100 comments. All i could do was laugh....to stop from crying.

Hilarious.....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Fair

29386fp.jpg

@aneed123 starts on page 2. Du is the OP so it didn't get deleted but Towers originally started the thread

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/comment/5202891#Comment_5202891