Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
2rxzj83.jpg

the prices are even different.

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, that's some lowkey slick racist ? .
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don''t get it....
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    I don''t get it....

The company who makes those apparently thinks Black women are more "independent" than white women.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the black chick is a single parent and the white people area loving family?

yep allways some ?
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Reach.

Explain...
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    I don''t get it....

The company who makes those apparently thinks Black women are more "independent" than white women.
    I must be conditioned cause the first thing I noticed was the price
  • Trillfate
    Options
    BabyKTan.com writes:

It has come to our attention that there is a misleading photo circulating around the internet. Our company takes these matters very seriously and wishes to address them without any further delay.

The photo in question shows two Baby K’tan Baby Carriers on the shelf at an unidentified retailer. One Baby K’tan product features an African American woman holding her baby, and the other Baby K’tan product features a Caucasian couple with their baby. This portrayal has left many of our loyal patrons concerned that this is an unfair representation of African American families. Furthermore, the box bearing the African American woman was inaccurately priced lower than the box with the Caucasian couple. Let’s address these pressing matters head on:

1) We have a total of 5 different products, each featuring a different image on the front of the packaging. One box has the Caucasian couple on the front, and the other four boxes have individual mothers with their babies on the front (including African American and Caucasian women).

2) The Baby K’tan product featuring the African American woman is from our organic line which should actually be priced higher than the other product displayed.

3) The couple considered to be Caucasian is actually in fact an international couple, featuring a Caucasian mom and a Hispanic dad.

Our company was built and has prospered because of our focus on diversity and inclusion. We wholeheartedly reject any false, unfounded and baseless claims of discrimination as depicted in the above misrepresentation. We here at Baby K’tan fully support exposing any unfair and inaccurate stereotypes, racism and/or discrimination wherever it may exist.

We plan to continue including diverse parents, both individually and as couples, throughout our images. In fact, we are proud to have such wholesome and loving caregivers as the faces of our company.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reach.
    u think so??? ion know.. kinda shady white chick got a man with her and the black chick don't.. im in-between on this one
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White is always cheaper
  • mryounggun
    edited June 2014
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Reach.

Explain...
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Reach.
    u think so??? ion know.. kinda shady white chick got a man with her and the black chick don't.. im in-between on this one

Na, y'all ? might be right. Seems rather suspect. I was looking at the price and ? . Ain't really hit me til @pralims mentioned it. I had a Dro moment; forgive me.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black fabric costs more
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Smh mfs find anything to cry about these days.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Low-key racist ? .

This is how a lot of Whites subconsciously view Blacks.

Many are racist to the point they don't even realize they're racists.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it is trickery on both sides...
  • Trillfate
    Options
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Smh mfs find anything to cry about these days.
    its not crying tho.. Like the ladies said, its all about imagery...

The company can say whatever but the absence of a black man on the boxes of their product speaks volumes
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    I get what theyre saying fam,its just these days blacks are starting to nitpick about every ? thing. Like that Barneys situation, knowing damn well them ? never even been inside of a Barneys. Saying Jay aint ? for not saying anything lol . Who gives a ? if theres no black men on the box, dont buy the ? . Thats just me tho, yall can continue.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Reach.

Explain...
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Reach.

Na, y'all ? might be right. Seems rather suspect. I was looking at the price and ? . Ain't really hit me til @pralims mentioned it. I had a Dro moment; forgive me.

yeah took me a minute til I noticed that too
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    I get what theyre saying fam,its just these days blacks are starting to nitpick about every ? thing. Like that Barneys situation, knowing damn well them ? never even been inside of a Barneys. Saying Jay aint ? for not saying anything lol . Who gives a ? if theres no black men on the box, dont buy the ? . Thats just me tho, yall can continue.

it hurt their feelings tho
  • mryounggun
    Options
    To be 100% honest though, if their explanation is true - and I dunno if it is or not - I see no issue with this at all.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their explanation was wack.

Just put a couple on the cover and leave it at that. Or come up with a better explanation.

Some ? like "we were trying to appeal to the single-mothers with that one."
  • mryounggun
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Their explanation was wack.

Just put a couple on the cover and leave it at that. Or come up with a better explanation.

Some ? like "we were trying to appeal to the single-mothers with that one."

Let's use some deductive reasoning, fam. Based on your statement, it would mean that you think their them having 5 different pics for 5 different products is wack, not the actual explanation, no?
  • _Goldie_
    edited June 2014
    Options
    How about we stop being ? in a bucket and start supporting black owned business', instead of worrying about how the white man is running his. Guess what, alot of the heads of these companies you love prolly dont like black people. We need to create and support our own ? .