The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread (June 12th 2014 - July 13th 2014)

Options

Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BrPWjrWCUAAC3Fi.jpg

The Uruguayans are delusional, they think hes not done anything wrong... Look at how Beckham was hated by everyone in England expect United fans, even half of them didnt like him...

Suarez let his whole country and Liverpool fans down...

Even the Uruguayan press seem to be in his corner, and they are suppose to be inpartial...

Isn't that a good thing though, that the national media and public will stick by and defend their players rather than villify them and burn ? effergies a la Beckham kicking out at Diego Simeone in 98? Don't get me wrong, I'm as disgusted at what Suarez did (again) as everyone else, but the Uruguayan media are no where near the level of being absolute ? ? that the British media are on a regular basis. Let's be real, with or without Suarez they were never going to win the World Cup the same way England weren't going to win it in 98 if Beckham stayed on the pitch.

The fact that what Beckham did in 98 was less serious than what Suarez has done in this tournament yet the press and public made Beckham's life far more of a living hell shows how scummy Britain can be when it wants to.

Yeah I agree to a degree (and as I was typing earlier I thought TBF atleast they are sticking by him) but guys like Suarez need to take responsibility for their actions... Like he hasnt even said sorry, hes blatantly lied and said it was an accident and he fell onto him lol

If he had said he was sorry and hes that got issues, and the the Uruguayan FA had said that they are gonna stick by the player, that he was wrong and the punishment was just, then fair enough...

But the fact both player and country are seemly acting like hes the victim and that hes done nothing wrong is just crazy...

We can all agree that what Suarez did was cuntish and there is clearly something wrong in the guy's head that needs addressing. He's clearly lied and it's made him and the Uruguayan FA look bad as a result, but as far as I'm concerned he's been punished (four month ban or whatever) and Uruguay have lost their best player as a result. The more the Uruguayan FA and press stick up for Suarez the more it exposes the press and media (i.e. the British press and media) for the which-hunting ? they are. No one looks good coming out of this.

I dont see how Uruguayan press sticking up for him makes the British press look bad???

Had the Uruguayan press said Suarez was wrong, but he has said he was sorry and we are stick by him, then yes I can see how it might let the British press look bad...
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Brazil vs Colombia next friday :-/ I like both teams.
  • Manc
    Manc Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manc wrote: »
    I'm in São Paulo right now I was ready to start packing my bags no lie. But tonight the parties will be epic on the streets

Serious fam? Glad for u and the tournament in general

What those chicks sayin out there?

I been here for 10 days went to the Belgium South Korea match the fan zone is aight but Vila Magdalena is where the parties with the locals at. only thing I don't like about São Paulo is that it's all Caucasian brazilians for the most part. But the black ones I've been cleaning up with. Ima have to come back for rio carnival. I don't know if y'all are ahead of me when it comes to this online ? but my mans told me to get on Tinder I spent the first hour or so at the Telly liking pics when I arrived and messaging ? to come drink at my hotel. If you a foreigner and you can't get a women out here something wrong. Google translate a life saver cause nobody speaks English. Trip started slow with England early exit but these last three days has been wicked. Brazil itv even interviewed me about hooking up wit with Brazilian chicks and me like an idiot was talking about chicks I had lined up for later if wifey ever sees that interview state side my life is over lmao. Trip was on the expensive side but it lived up to the hype and I haven't even made it to cococabana beach in rio.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully Cavanis price tag is plunging... In the words of cellar the dude has been a myth
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    BrPWjrWCUAAC3Fi.jpg

The Uruguayans are delusional, they think hes not done anything wrong... Look at how Beckham was hated by everyone in England expect United fans, even half of them didnt like him...

Even the Uruguayan press seem to be in his corner, and they are suppose to be inpartial...

Isn't that a good thing though, that the national media and public will stick by and defend their players rather than villify them and burn ? effergies a la Beckham kicking out at Diego Simeone in 98? Don't get me wrong, I'm as disgusted at what Suarez did (again) as everyone else, but the Uruguayan media are no where near the level of being absolute ? ? that the British media are on a regular basis. Let's be real, with or without Suarez they were never going to win the World Cup the same way England weren't going to win it in 98 if Beckham stayed on the pitch.

The fact that what Beckham did in 98 was less serious than what Suarez has done in this tournament yet the press and public made Beckham's life far more of a living hell shows how scummy Britain can be when it wants to.

Yeah I agree to a degree (and as I was typing earlier I thought TBF atleast they are sticking by him) but guys like Suarez need to take responsibility for their actions... Like he hasnt even said sorry, hes blatantly lied and said it was an accident and he fell onto him lol

If he had said he was sorry and hes that got issues, and the the Uruguayan FA had said that they are gonna stick by the player, that he was wrong and the punishment was just, then fair enough...

But the fact both player and country are seemly acting like hes the victim and that hes done nothing wrong is just crazy...

We can all agree that what Suarez did was cuntish and there is clearly something wrong in the guy's head that needs addressing. He's clearly lied and it's made him and the Uruguayan FA look bad as a result, but as far as I'm concerned he's been punished (four month ban or whatever) and Uruguay have lost their best player as a result. The more the Uruguayan FA and press stick up for Suarez the more it exposes the press and media (i.e. the British press and media) for the which-hunting ? they are. No one looks good coming out of this.

I dont see how Uruguayan press sticking up for him makes the British press look bad???

Had the Uruguayan press said Suarez was wrong, but he has said he was sorry and we are stick by him, then yes I can see how it might let the British press look bad...

All the British press have done is bang on about the Suarez incident non-stop. If/when he returns to Lolverpool they're going to drag it up yet again and not let it drop. The British press and media love to do nothing but go witch-hunting, building people up to knock them back down again. They've done that since day and they'll continue to do so. Now if Suarez was English imagine the absolute uproar it would have caused. He would probably have to go into hiding. When you have the British press which has a track record of stirring up stories and creating public villains which then ends up creating public outrage all for the sake of selling papers and headlines then it makes them look bad for criticising another country's press and media for doing the complete opposite. Like I said, no one looks good coming out of this, but why is it Britain that turns their public figures into hate figures? I don't remember the same being done to Zidane in France for the headbutt. England only forgave Andy Murray for his comment about the England team once he won the US Open. Why doesn't Britain get behind it's sports stars except for when they're winning?

? it, Suarez should apologise, but the British press and public should be the last people to have the right to call for that.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gaston ramirez and lugano are ?
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    BrPWjrWCUAAC3Fi.jpg

All the British press have done is bang on about the Suarez incident non-stop. If/when he returns to Lolverpool they're going to drag it up yet again and not let it drop. The British press and media love to do nothing but go witch-hunting, building people up to knock them back down again. They've done that since day and they'll continue to do so. Now if Suarez was English imagine the absolute uproar it would have caused. He would probably have to go into hiding. When you have the British press which has a track record of stirring up stories and creating public villains which then ends up creating public outrage all for the sake of selling papers and headlines then it makes them look bad for criticising another country's press and media for doing the complete opposite. Like I said, no one looks good coming out of this, but why is it Britain that turns their public figures into hate figures? I don't remember the same being done to Zidane in France for the headbutt. England only forgave Andy Murray for his comment about the England team once he won the US Open. Why doesn't Britain get behind it's sports stars except for when they're winning?

? it, Suarez should apologise, but the British press and public should be the last people to have the right to call for that.

Im not saying otherwise regarding the British press, I was saying the same before the World Cup and after the Italy game with Rooney...

But Im talking about Uruguay and their FA and press... What they have said is stupid, what you have to do is just be honest, dont go on a witch hunt, but atleast say what he did was wrong and that hes let the country down, you can still stick behind him...

And Suarez needs to be a man and admit what he has done is wrong...

I think its hilarious that he goes round biting players... and then dives after!!! lol

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2014
    Options
    BrPWjrWCUAAC3Fi.jpg

Im not saying otherwise regarding the British press, I was saying the same before the World Cup and after the Italy game with Rooney...

But Im talking about Uruguay and their FA and press... What they have said is stupid, what you have to do is just be honest, dont go on a witch hunt, but atleast say what he did was wrong and that hes let the country down, you can still stick behind him...

I think its hilarious that he goes round biting players... and then dives after!!! lol

It really doesn't even matter if Suarez or the Uruguayan FA/press want to admit to what they did; we all know what the hell he did, the whole world saw it live on TV. It's undeniable hence the four month ban. If he, the FA or the press (since the press have never been known to lie or make ? up) don't want to admit clear facts or say sorry then that is up to them, it's their credibility they're destroying. Suarez is already being dealt with by FIFA, his sponsors and no doubt Lolverpool will need to do something with him as well, plus Uruguay have just gone out the World Cup so Suarez, the FA and the rest of Uruguay are hurting and getting punished regardless.
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ all that titagraph and typing - you sound mad, bro!

'Lolverpool' Really? How old are you? 13? That's some ? teenagers say - grow the ? up!
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colombia plays like how Brazil should be playing. I hope they beat Brazil
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Black excellence won tonight
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    s0j0urner wrote: »
    ^ all that titagraph and typing - you sound mad, bro!

'Lolverpool' Really? How old are you? 13? That's some ? teenagers say - grow the ? up!

Do you even understand what me and Water ur seeds are talking about or are you that thick you just skimmed through it and then get upset because I typed Lolverpool? Either stick with the debate or shut the ? up.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brazil played nervously. ...like 200 million citizens watching nervous........I think they will do better next game but it will go to a shootout
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerryNoir wrote: »

Lmao....
    BrP9i81CUAEXS0B.png

Should of been 3 , with Gervinho100625PotraitR300.jpg

Robbery is a ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Lmao....
    BrP9i81CUAEXS0B.png

Robbery is a ?

don't forget

Ghana-captain-Asamoah-Gyan-n.jpg

Ghana and Colombia have been my favorite teams
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Lmao....
    BrP9i81CUAEXS0B.png

Robbery is a ?

don't forget

Ghana-captain-Asamoah-Gyan-n.jpg

Ghana and Colombia have been my favorite teams

His # is 3 tho
  • Manc
    Manc Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My last night was epic special shout out to the Seleção without their win I would not have won ^:)^
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ you need to start posting pics of bad Brazilian ? ; otherwise - we will be tempted to call Huey, Dewey and Louie.
    Post pics bro!
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manc wrote: »
    My last night was epic special shout out to the Seleção without their win I would not have won ^:)^

Post dem gyal nah padna.. If dey face look like hot melting asphalt, jus put a basket over there face!! U in paradise youth.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Yeah Manc, what these two said.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    BrPWjrWCUAAC3Fi.jpg

It really doesn't even matter if Suarez or the Uruguayan FA/press want to admit to what they did; we all know what the hell he did, the whole world saw it live on TV. It's undeniable hence the four month ban. If he, the FA or the press (since the press have never been known to lie or make ? up) don't want to admit clear facts or say sorry then that is up to them, it's their credibility they're destroying. Suarez is already being dealt with by FIFA, his sponsors and no doubt Lolverpool will need to do something with him as well, plus Uruguay have just gone out the World Cup so Suarez, the FA and the rest of Uruguay are hurting and getting punished regardless.

Yeah thats what Ive been saying lol That was my whole point, its making them look stupid...
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DOG_lion-chihuahua.jpg

Interesting match
This discussion has been closed.