White Rappers/R&B Artists get to call us N*ggers but don't advocate for our Community

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
Why is it that rappers like Eminem and and R&B artists like Justin Bieber get to call us N*ggers and get a free pass? This ain't cool. They crossing the line. Rap/Hip Hop defines Black male masculinity. And when one calls us a N*gger and don't get checked or worst yet disrespects our Women (like Eminem) it degrades Black American manhood because we can't stand up for ourselves (for fear of backlash) and say that's not right. That's not cool. Kick this guy out of our Community. But that will not happen because we have no political structure or leadership despite having a Black President.

I know popular Black artists can't stand up for our Civil Rights because the financial backlash would be enormous and devastating. But White Rappers and similar artists don't have that limitation. Eminem advocating for Detroit would be a Godsend. But I'm not going to hold my breathe.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I thought Em just called black females stupid monkies and not ? , but I see what you're saying.

But ok what are you really going to do about ut?

We already have at least 15 posters who randomly bring up racism every chance they get gimmick on this board.

I'm pretty sure that's not changing the game, so what are you gonna do outside of posting what we already know on here?
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? them crackaz . Idont get why black people support feminem
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    This isn't a hip hop problem at all. Blacks in different forms of entertainment does this.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More importantly it sends a message to white ppl they can steal our culture, call us "? " and do so with absolutely no consequence. Matter fact, you'll even have a number black folks support you after it.
    Yet if another black man says ? and catches heat, these same black folks supporting Beiber are nowhere to be found. Smfh
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    This isn't a hip hop problem at all. Blacks in different forms of entertainment does this.

Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think whites take the word my n*gga as welcoming
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people can call black people what they want jus as black people can call white people what they want

Stop with this free pass ? .you sound 5
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More importantly it sends a message to white ppl they can steal our culture, call us "? " and do so with absolutely no consequence. Matter fact, you'll even have a number black folks support you after it.
    Yet if another black man says ? and catches heat, these same black folks supporting Beiber are nowhere to be found. Smfh

Word to Isiah Washington, where was the support for that brotha after the whole "Grey's Anatomy" fiasco but yet Eminem and that little lesbian get away scott free? ? disgusting...
    White people can call black people what they want jus as black people can call white people what they want

Stop with this free pass ? .you sound 5

lamont-tap-dancing-o.gif
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the rap game is a business who you think whites gonna support more the 1 that makes them feel like family
    Does it make it right nah will your competitors do it heck yeah
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YaSinister wrote: »
    Word to Isiah Washington, where was the support for that brotha after the whole "Grey's Anatomy" fiasco but yet Eminem and that little lesbian get away scott free? ? disgusting...[/ quote]
    Or I'll do you one better......When Mac Mane punched that ? in the nose, did Justin Bieber come to his defense? When Wayne made that Emmit Till reference did Bieber tell the world Wayne made a "mistake" and to forgive him? Absolutely not. Black entertainers get NO SUPPORT from white celebrities but rush to a white celebs rescue, even after he calls your whole race of ppl "? , ? , ? ". Mayweather's a ? ? , lost a lot of respect him too
  • indyman87
    Options
    yeah I understand that it's a business. There are more white people in the world so from a business perspective i see why they put a white face on Hip Hop and R&B because it sells more but don't put it on Urban radio and make it seem like it's real Hip Hop take it to the pop charts.

These white rappers have hot production and beats but for the most part they can't rap, their flow is weak and/or broken, and they mimic well known rappers with a distinct flow or style. White people are Columbusing Rap music just like they did America and Ancient Egypt.

These white rappers are being pimped out by a few in the music industry all I'm saying is that they should move that doh and ? them in the direction of Detroit and Chicago to help out our Communities out a little bit because handing out Turkeys and toys at Christmas time is not good enough.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of these examples came out and apologized. Where's the double standard?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when black people learn that outsiders are to be treated as such this villainy will stop
  • indyman87
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

Not good enough. He talked about killing people with chainsaws and all he says is I'm sorry? Not good enough. They say Blacks are lazy when it's really the Whites. The only thing White people do is copy and claim other people cultures for themselves.

Say what you will about Blacks and some of it might be true but I think that seeing how poverty stricken Blacks birthed and mastered Hip Hop (which require commanding oratory skills) speaks volumes about our innate skill level.

Socrates says that this ability is comes from the soul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meno

One feature of the dialogue is Socrates' use of one of Meno's slaves to demonstrate his idea of anamnesis, that certain knowledge is innate and "recollected" by the soul through proper inquiry.

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats this ? about "our culture" who the ? do you think is buying the majority of these rap albums? It's not about race anymore its about MONEY, the reason em and beiber get a pass is because they are rich not because of race, who is gonna check them? some street thug? they have security to stop them getting hurt.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U can't buy culture.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our culture is deeper than rap...

but thats another story

I blame it on the ? .. who forge these frivolous relationships and makeit comfortable for them to kick they feet up in .."Our house so to speak"

• level 7 boss
    level 7 boss Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Options
    I remember there were a number of rappers that came out and protested after the Eminem tapes leaked. Ironically, most of Slaughterhouse were those saying that Em needs to be checked, and can't run his mouth. A few years later, and they're screaming Shady.

Money over morals and integrity.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money talks and ? walks. That's why black economic responsibility is of the utmost importance.

When you get a chance watch a lecture called "Powernomics" by Claude Anderson. I've had it linked on my wall for over a year.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Rick Ross was calling Mac Miller "my ? " on a song they did together the other day .. I was like word...
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    At the end of the day it's in us for not checking them, and making acceptable by calling them ? also. Like wheredeydodatat
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »

Not good enough. He talked about killing people with chainsaws and all he says is I'm sorry? Not good enough. They say Blacks are lazy when it's really the Whites. The only thing White people do is copy and claim other people cultures for themselves.

Say what you will about Blacks and some of it might be true but I think that seeing how poverty stricken Blacks birthed and mastered Hip Hop (which require commanding oratory skills) speaks volumes about our innate skill level.

One feature of the dialogue is Socrates' use of one of Meno's slaves to demonstrate his idea of anamnesis, that certain knowledge is innate and "recollected" by the soul through proper inquiry.

socrates and plato were craccers, y quote them and in the same sentence say white ppl aint ? ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does it matter if they advocate for the community?

how about they just dont use the ? word.....

why is this a word they must use is the real question.

its millions of words but this word must be used or THEY need an explanation of why they cant use it. then want to test the limits of using it.

why?

its not us that give the word power..its white people...becuase they seem to feel it has to be in there vocabulary
  • indyman87
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    indyman87 wrote: »

socrates and plato were craccers, y quote them and in the same sentence say white ppl aint ? ?

Socrates was African.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-QC_LLVeWU

• indyman87
    Options
    White people have been in Hip Hop since the beginning and yet there are very few if at all really good White Rappers/Hip Hop artists.

Maybe the Hip Hop community should stop trying to get a White rapper to save Hip Hop and look for Black kids in Asia, Europe, and other places in the World to add diversity and a 'newness' to the genre.

Like Socrates said- Black people just have an innate ability that can't be taught. It comes from the soul.