Video: Callers Use C-SPAN Civil Rights Discussion To Complain About White Oppression...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx4z2_uDJc0

talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cspan-civil-rights-act-white-callers
Callers Use C-SPAN Civil Rights Discussion To Complain About White Oppression (VIDEO)

When C-SPAN invited viewers on Thursday to offer their thoughts on the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act, a handful of individuals used the opportunity to lament white oppression.

"Washington Journal" host Steve Scully listened as an "independent" caller named Thomas from Maryland told him that he is "much less liberal today" than he was in 1964 when the landmark law was signed by Lyndon B. Johnson.

"And I think the blacks have brought on most of their present-day problems themselves. They insult white people," he told Scully. "I heard it right on your own show, I heard some black call Karl Rove a 'white boy.' And I don't think that's right. They're attacking white people in the big cities and we're supposed to put up with that kind of stuff and like them and say, 'Well, come into our neighborhood.' And how about the discussion of the black crime that goes on in this country?"

The caller went on to complain that the discrimination endured by Irish, Mormons and Italians is widely ignored.

"You people will never, never discuss that. You only discuss the discrimination against the black people," he said.

Scully asked the caller if he had faced discrimination himself.

"Yes, I have felt discrimination in my life. Yes, because I am of Irish descent I have felt it," he said.

Later, Scully read a tweet from Danny who said that the "racists are those who set out to destroy the nation's white identity, that is racist."

And Scully eventually heard from two consecutive callers who each said that white guys are getting a ? rap. First up was Joe in Ohio, who said there is a "war on white men in this country from liberal white women that claim there is a war against women."

"No country has ever created more things for the betterment of mankind's living than the caucasian race that came from Europe and I'm sick and tired as an octogenarian hearing all this bad-mouthing of white people," he said.

He continued:

"And I think it's time for white men to start standing up because there's all kinds of groups for other races. And I think it's time for white pride. We have built this country — Irish, Italians, Germans...Irish, wherever they have come from in Europe. No country in the world has produced what the white man has produced for every culture and race in America."

Immediately after that call, Terry in North Carolina phoned-in to say he agreed.

"I'm kind of like that last guy. The white man has done more for the black man in this country — I think the black man owes the white man a thank you," he said.

"OK, Terry from North Carolina," Scully said.

tumblr_inline_n6l18dqbbY1rtimuc.gif

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was so absurd all I could do is laugh
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hypocrisy and faulty logic overload
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So historically inaccurate it's not even funny. Einstein thought white people were the problem of the world.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Options
    Proves a great portion of whites still don't fully comprehend what they have inflicted upon other races.
    Even in recent history they call in to complain about racism against themselves on a show that is honoring the fact that blacks have only had rights for 50 years of this 400 year old country.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I remember one time ( I think it was vibe) said
    “yall complain about whites a lot ... but y'all still eat and read books"

This ? actually thinks whites invented food and writing

They're mostly the ones profiting off the sales of those goods
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the ignorance of white folks like that is astounding. As if we as black folks should be thanking their racist azzz for 400+ years of enslavement, inequality, injustice, and bigotry.

Aww poor white people...FOH!
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thread title is misleading.

The callers weren't actually complaining about white oppression.

They were actually venting about people who complain about white oppression.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

eh, partially right..

it was more so aimed at those who get all militant about whites...

and for the record, no at that last part..
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crying white people make me laugh for some reason.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

eh, partially right..

it was more so aimed at those who get all militant about whites...

and for the record, no at that last part..

Too bad u don't know what militant means.
    Perhaps u should read more white books.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This new phenomenon of white victims that's on the upswing lately is mind boggling.

These people really believe whites are discriminated against, mocked and attacked along racial lines at the same rate as Blacks and Latinos....

It's an epic troll job to be honest. It's somewhat new in the USA but I've seen it in Europe (via news outlets) for years.

France and England have been decrying that "multiculturalism is racist" for decades now. It's finally crossed the ocean in full force.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    This new phenomenon of white victims that's on the upswing lately is mind boggling.

These people really believe whites are discriminated against, mocked and attacked along racial lines at the same rate as Blacks and Latinos....

It's an epic troll job to be honest. It's somewhat new in the USA but I've seen it in Europe (via news outlets) for years.

France and England have been decrying that "multiculturalism is racist" for decades now. It's finally crossed the ocean in full force.

It's not anything new though.

Whites have been crying about "reverse discrimination" for a while.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I laugh every time whites get upset and first thing they think of is what they invented(and the invention they bring up, they didnt make ex:America)
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like people from NC too.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ white oppression
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the guy saying no one talks about black crime. Nah, white hoes just use fake black criminals to cover their crimes by sheer coincidence. It couldn't possibly be because black and crime are so intimately tied in their minds that it seems like the obvious choice.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    in what ways are caucasians being oppressed? i dont get it
  • Copper
    edited July 2014
    Options
    http://blackinventor.com

Crackas being crackas, nothing new here.

Nah bruh whites invented those things for us ? and we should thank them
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If we want to be logical about this, the reason why some white people feel this way is because they are not from the generation of the white race that caused the problem of racism in America. It's a sad fact, but the truth is most black folks who took a stand against racism didn't do so until the original starters of racism had already lived joyful, prosperous lives and died happy. When America was first created, most of the white settlers had no issues with slavery, by the time the civil rights movements came around there were many white people standing behind blacks to help them get their rights.

It's foolish for any black person to think that any white person who benefits from racism is going to be happy giving up their benefits for the simple fact that most of them are born into the system and are not the creators of it. This is why blacks have to create their own things if they want to advance.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish white ppl like this idiot would actually be challenged by a unbiased historian. The debate would be a epic L for these racist.

First off, they stole this land from native Americans. Unjustly brought over blacks from Africa. Denied us education, enslaved us, ? our women and had our men build this country through free labor. This country is NOT yours
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antoseeg wrote: »
    If we want to be logical about this, the reason why some white people feel this way is because they are not from the generation of the white race that caused the problem of racism in America. It's a sad fact, but the truth is most black folks who took a stand against racism didn't do so until the original starters of racism had already lived joyful, prosperous lives and died happy. When America was first created, most of the white settlers had no issues with slavery, by the time the civil rights movements came around there were many white people standing behind blacks to help them get their rights.

It's foolish for any black person to think that any white person who benefits from racism is going to be happy giving up their benefits for the simple fact that most of them are born into the system and are not the creators of it. This is why blacks have to create their own things if they want to advance.

That's the crazy thing. These people really believe what they're saying. Racism is a scam pulled by rich white people to maintain power. Poor white people were and still are too stupid to see it. They are still running around blaming black and brown while their rich brethren continue to make the decisions that keep then down.