'14 MLB Season Thread (Pages 1-21 = Offseason News)

Options

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another blown win because of relief pitching, all those bums need to go back to the minors
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like Troy Tulowitzki wants out , never officially said it but the comments are pretty clear.

troy-tulowitzki.jpg

"In Todd Helton, there's someone who's easy to look at his career here and how it played out. I have the utmost respect for Todd, but at the same time, I don't want to be the next in line as somebody who was here for a long time and didn't have a chance to win every single year. He played in a couple postseason games and went to one World Series. But that's not me. I want to be somewhere where there's a chance to be in the playoffs every single year."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24608674/rockies-troy-tulowitzki-sounds-open-to-being-traded
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The New York Yankees have cut ties with Alfonso Soriano and now have 10 days to trade, release or waive him.
    New York made room for right-handed pitcher Bruce Billings by designating Soriano for assignment on Sunday, manager Joe Girardi announced.

"We designated Soriano, which is extremely difficult because he's been a great Yankee and been a great player," Girardi said. "We felt we needed some more pitching today, so we called up Billings. Bullpen has been extremely taxed."

Soriano said the decision didn't come as a surprise.

"It was to be expected," Soriano told ESPNdeportes.com. "I had already talked to my lawyer about the situation I was going through, and how I was being used in the game, and how I didn't feel comfortable. This decision is a favorable one for both, me and the team."
    New York re-acquired Soriano, who is hitting .204 against right-handed pitchers this season, from the Chicago Cubs at the trade deadline last season and he hit 17 home runs and had 50 RBIs in 58 games. Soriano has previously indicated that he could retire after this season, particularly if he had a bad year.

Still in the final year of his eight-year, $138 million contract, Soriano gave up his right field duties to Ichiro Suzuki as he struggled at the plate. The Cubs are paying $13 million of Soriano's $18 million salary this season. New York still owes him the remaining $5 million.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Regression to the mean for my Marlins. Braves and Nationals have created separation on us. At least we got 2 out of 3 in St. Louis.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/o to Kimbrel, Freebandz and Julio for making the all star team
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good trade for both teams but theo a goon for real he manipulated their situation

oakland need a ws if they want to stay in oakland beyond this season

a's sent somebody who is 6-0 2.62 ERA in his last 11 starts to the minor league lmao

their staff deep as ?
  • ckfree
    Options
    smh @‌ chris sale snub

i know white sox suck but if the ? matters there is no one better getting an important out against a tough lefty than chris sale right now in the american league
  • O.G.
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Kershaw, Puig, Greinke, Dee Gordon rep L.A. for the All-Star game.

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    good trade for both teams but theo a goon for real he manipulated their situation

a's sent somebody who is 6-0 2.62 ERA in his last 11 starts to the minor league lmao

their staff deep as ?

Young Moolah Ball Baby! Green Collar Crew, Strive for Five.

Oakland A's signed another Ten year lease with the Oakland Coliseum, Wolf is going to keep it in the Bay, It's Either Oakland or San Jose.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    S/o to Kimbrel, Freebandz and Julio for making the all star team

Daswassup.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching the cubs for the 1st time since april and Anthony Rizzo da Don hits the 2 run jack.Future lookin bright

Future looking mighty bright.I fully expect to see rizzo,castro,baez,bryant and russell in the same line up by 2016.The Cubs are coming infinite pennants soon
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Oh look, we had to get rid of an old guy that wasn't performing...nobody saw that coming. Smfh
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Glad my boy Stanton is in the All-Star Game. Would have been nice to see Casey McGehee make the squad though.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who y'all got winning the derby? Here's the lineup:

American League: Jose Bautista, Blue Jays (captain); Adam Jones, Orioles; Brian Dozier, Twins.

National League: Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies (captain); Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins; Yasiel Puig, Dodgers; Todd Frazier, Reds.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Options
    I'm thinking Puig puts on a show in the first round but Stanton wins the whole thing.
    Sidenote: Who the ? are Brian Dozier and Todd Frazier?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    I'm just glad Jose Abreu ain't in the derby
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Verlander just can't get right
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can the sleeping fan win his lawsuit?
  • O.G.
    Options
    Stanton wins the derby.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Puig bettet not ? up his swing but he better not let la down like.kemp did in the derby smh
  • O.G.
    Options
    Damn WTF?!!! Dodgers were up 5-0 in the first. Now they are down 14-5 in the 8th. Ouch.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Options
    Puig will definitely put on a good show but it may run long with him flipping his bat after every HR. He's gonna try to one up Cespedes from last year.

cespedesflip.gif
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great Win Green Collar Crew, we got the Tigers shook, Valender acting all out of character after the trade talking about the World Series going through Detroit, we ain't scared. We coming through!

Young Moolah Ball Baby!
  • ckfree
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »

their staff deep as ?

Young Moolah Ball Baby! Green Collar Crew, Strive for Five.

Oakland A's signed another Ten year lease with the Oakland Coliseum, Wolf is going to keep it in the Bay, It's Either Oakland or San Jose.

yea san jose the most logical place to relocate and if thats the case s.f gonna fight that tooth and nail
  • ckfree
    Options
    im going for the upset

dozier

one of either stanton or puig is gonna disappoint i think
This discussion has been closed.