Who's Better? Meek Mill or Wale

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Meek Mill
    Cant find the thread or interview but i rmmeber Irv Gotti was talkin bout when he first heard Meek Mill

'OOOH, ENERGY, ENERGYYY!"

Haha Thats what it is. I wouldnt even debate somebody that said Wale is better b/c he probably is the more skilled rapper, but Meek just got that street ? thats basically extinct. I need that Lol

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    R.D. wrote: »
    That's called versatility youngster

It's not a rumor that he didn't grow up in DC, it's fact

But it's all the same area so I have no qualms with a person just saying DC when speaking to out of towners

? jst complain on that crab ?

If that's how ya'll do it in DC then cool. But for as long as I've been out here, I can say that's not how we get down up here in Philadelphia.
  • S2J
    Options
    Meek Mill
    The worst thing that happened to Meek was gettin popular for those "crunk" type tracks, b/c now thats really all he makes. But when he makes more authentic street, Philly music, he makes some of the best music out imo. Its just too far n few in between
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7-AadBVuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DGoAyL5mek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drxpu6AINGk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfVCh55dI-Q

• double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale
    Being from the hood I can honestly say y'all put way too much emphasis on it
  • S2J
    Options
    Meek Mill
    "And i murder anything in my parameter, if they disrespect us we slide on em like a bannister">>>>>>>>>>>>>

I need that street ignorance in my music!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Wale
    lol @ Wale murking somebody on the IC as much hate as he catches in this ? . Meek one trick pony ass weeeaak!
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale

But it's all the same area so I have no qualms with a person just saying DC when speaking to out of towners

If that's how ya'll do it in DC then cool. But for as long as I've been out here, I can say that's not how we get down up here in Philadelphia.

? what

U making no sense
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale

Rappers that can go back to they hood on bikes wit they jewels on >>>> 30 year old poets that collect comic books and still watch wrestling

How old are you? Are you for real?

You do understand that what you said is ass backwards right?
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Meek Mill

? what

U making no sense

Bruh, you said:

All Im sayin' is thats fine, but ? out here can't do that. If you aren't from the area, then you can't sit there and say you are because your from the surrounding area. That's not how it works out here.
  • sr_the_freshman
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Meek Mill
    Double post.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    dont ? with either
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale
    15 years listening to rap seriously, and I could honestly say Wale is one of the worst ive witnessed, if not thee worst...I rather listen to Chief Keef, Soulja Boy etc cuz at least I know that they know theyre spitting ? bars and is only in it for the money and hoes...I can respect that.

But to actually claim to have a love for hip hop, to be so passionate about ur craft, to be so pretentious and really think ur in the upper echelon of MC's is just hilarious to me...I never had a problem with someone being arrogant, cocky or conceited, so long as u can live up to it (MJ, Kobe, LB, JayZ, Diddy (business wise), Maywather etc)...but what I hate more than anything in life is a cocky person that doesnt deserve to be so (? as well)...his arrogance to actual talent ratio is so lopsided its crazy...one of the only rappers if I saw for dolo I would slap the ? out of, straight open hand, I wouldnt even ball my fist...word.

This is probably one of the dumbest assessments of a rapper I've ever heard bruh
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Wale

? what

U making no sense

Bruh, you said:

All Im sayin' is thats fine, but ? out here can't do that. If you aren't from the area, then you can't sit there and say you are because your from the surrounding area. That's not how it works out here.

In Chicago...if you live in the near suburbs then chances are at some point in your life your mom and/or your pops moved you there. You're still from the city....no big deal.
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill

Rappers that can go back to they hood on bikes wit they jewels on >>>> 30 year old poets that collect comic books and still watch wrestling

Ass backwards how? Does he still live in the hood? That would be ass backwards.

Nuffn wrong with still going back when u please...u the type to get money and never return huh...herb.
    MrWise wrote: »
    15 years listening to rap seriously, and I could honestly say Wale is one of the worst ive witnessed, if not thee worst...I rather listen to Chief Keef, Soulja Boy etc cuz at least I know that they know theyre spitting ? bars and is only in it for the money and hoes...I can respect that.

But to actually claim to have a love for hip hop, to be so passionate about ur craft, to be so pretentious and really think ur in the upper echelon of MC's is just hilarious to me...I never had a problem with someone being arrogant, cocky or conceited, so long as u can live up to it (MJ, Kobe, LB, JayZ, Diddy (business wise), Maywather etc)...but what I hate more than anything in life is a cocky person that doesnt deserve to be so (? as well)...his arrogance to actual talent ratio is so lopsided its crazy...one of the only rappers if I saw for dolo I would slap the ? out of, straight open hand, I wouldnt even ball my fist...word.

This is probably one of the dumbest assessments of a rapper I've ever heard bruh

1 to 10 he's a 2 on the mic, but because he's so arrogant and actually thinks he nice it makes him a -10...understand?

How u on par with Memphis Bleek (actually worse) but wanna move like ur Hov....FOH.

• THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Wale

Ass backwards how? Does he still live in the hood? That would be ass backwards.

Nuffn wrong with still going back when u please...u the type to get money and never return huh...herb.
    MrWise wrote: »

1 to 10 he's a 2 on the mic, but because he's so arrogant and actually thinks he nice it makes him a -10...understand?

How u on par with Memphis Bleek (actually worse) but wanna move like ur Hov....FOH.

Return in what capacity B? To ride bikes and fake stunt as the so called "hood ? " do? No, I refuse, I'm from Chicago and all the bad hoes are downtown. All the good food is up North. All the clean air and clean water....well you get my drift. Because I live good I put the invite out to the ? that's still there....but I got tired of kickin it in the hood a long time ago cuz I grew up. I hate when we wind up in the hood to kick it....always some crab ? ? goin on. Only time I willingly come to the hood is to see Granny cuz she won't leave. ? the Hood.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale
    Just to clarify with ? , I'm not saying the ? has to be a full fledged street guy, but to the extent that Wale claims DC, you'd expect there not to be so many rampant rumors of him not even being from the city.

And beside all of that, the ? can't decide if he wants to be a conscious ? like Talib, or a swag rapper like ASAP, or w.e. He's very contradicting artistically for me and it all comes off as unauthentic. He doesn't have to stay in a box, but if he's going to be multifaceted in terms of his content, then do it right.

only on here is versatility frowned upon, then again this the same dude who downs fans of all dimensions flowin together properly, thinks riding the beat is bad(wtf, how is being on beat bad) and thinks lyrics is the one and only dimension to hip hop MUSIC, kinda hypocritical that with that said u luh meek but do u patna
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Meek Mill
    Meek Mill is about 30 times better, and that's on an off day. Meek is one of those rappers where you can feel his rhymes. His ? is 100% authentic. Crazy flow, crazy energy, real rap, some wit.

Drop anything from Wale that comes remotely close to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfP3U5Ql-I

Every time I hear Wale, he's either on some soft voice, off pace flow, haiku ? , or he's just rapping to rap on some random word play ? .
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale
    It's like voting John Kerry or George Bush.. You lose either way.. I like Wale more because his voice ain't as annoying as Mills
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale
    You need to have certain IQ level to understand Wale and what hiphop is meant to be.

Not I got money, I'm ? ? .... roley on my wrist type ? .

• Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale
    ? really voted for Meek tho
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale
    wait...who still watches wrestlin in they 30s..i must know so I can point and laugh

Your opinions on anything related to black culture are null in void. You let any peckerwoods call you "? " today? How about "boy"? ? Tom Cabinson ass. Foh... Stokely Carmichael would be ashamed...

And Wale is who he is. Does he act like a ? sometimes? Sure does. But to be completely frank, in this day and age, what rapper doesn't? Or you can blame it on having access to these people 24/7. There used to be a mystique that went along with your favorite rapper cuz you didn't know/see everything that happened with them. That day has long since vanished. But Wale is leaps and bounds better than Meek. Technically and from a content standpoint.

And Meek Mill is always ? about sumin... Who gives a flying ? ...
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    Meek Mill
    Just to clarify with ? , I'm not saying the ? has to be a full fledged street guy, but to the extent that Wale claims DC, you'd expect there not to be so many rampant rumors of him not even being from the city.

And beside all of that, the ? can't decide if he wants to be a conscious ? like Talib, or a swag rapper like ASAP, or w.e. He's very contradicting artistically for me and it all comes off as unauthentic. He doesn't have to stay in a box, but if he's going to be multifaceted in terms of his content, then do it right.

only on here is versatility frowned upon, then again this the same dude who downs fans of all dimensions flowin together properly, thinks riding the beat is bad(wtf, how is being on beat bad) and thinks lyrics is the one and only dimension to hip hop MUSIC, kinda hypocritical that with that said u luh meek but do u patna

lol I said specifically that he did not need to stay in a box, ? .

I am not saying the ? can't be versatile. I am saying that if he's going to explore other avenue's content wise, it would help if he didn't seem to contradict himself. He isn't really strong in any of those numerous forms. Simp Wale is wack. Street Wale is wack. Swag Wale is wack. ect. Jack of all trades. Master of none. And the fact that he has so many of these forms, and is good at none makes him come off as unauthentic. For example, we give Pusha T slack for being a strict coke rapper, but that is what the ? is good at, and that is what he knows.

Lyrics are the main arc of Rhythm and Poetry. Flow comes after, and I've always said this. I have never said it was the ONLY ? . Don't get me twisted with your ass backwards analysis, because you want rap to be about ? basing their whole presentation on the instrumental first and foremost. That is how we get the weak ? we're dealing with today.

There is a difference between flow and straight up lazy riding a beat. You know the difference; why are you playing games?
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    No one ? with Wale in the DMV.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options