FGC(Fighting Game Community) Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, after playing this game for two weeks. My previous sentiments of fighting games being wack has been confirmed. It's a real shame considering those SSf4 tourneys i watched are good but unfortunately nobody plays like that online. I gotta sit there and watch as ? grab me out of combos and spam supers/ultras regardless if i drop the combo or not. Y'all clown naturo but gawd damn that game is more balanced than the invincible correcting upper cut. Just last night i lost to a ken user that hodoken, then instantly did his super upper cut. Botch of which i blocked. Now this ? literally a hit a way from losing and just did a super that i blocked. My win right? Naw he just lands and instantly does his cut scene ultra within the frame of me doing a crouching heavy kick and beats me.

Inb4 get good, i win majority of my matches but there is seriously no point in getting good at a game where there's so much broken ? .

Kens super Ultra and dragon punch all are really punishable you must've been too slow with your punish
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Daigo lists his top 10 fighters in Ultra Street Fighter 4, feels Sagat is weak now

30_daigotop10.jpg

MCZ|Daigo Umehara expressed who he thought the strongest characters are in Ultra Street Fighter 4, in the latest issue of Arcadia Magazine.

EventHubs' Nicholas "MajinTenshinhan" Taylor provided this translation, with help from Zhi, where Umehara breaks down the top 10 fighters, along with a few other opinions.

Like many others, Daigo feels that Yun is the best fighter in the game, saying "His #1 status is off putting, but for different reasons than in his SSF4 Arcade Edition iteration."

Daigo's Ultra Street Fighter 4 strongest 10, not including Yun

- Cammy
    - Fei Long
    - Dudley
    - Evil Ryu
    - Makoto
    - Ibuki
    - C. Viper
    - Juri
    - Adon
    - Rufus (maybe?)

No word was given if this list was in order, or not.

Daigo said he was unsure about Rufus specifically.

Here are a few more notes from the write up.

- Akuma and Rose are really good too.
    - Adon and Rose got better defense.
    - Ken is right in the middle.
    - Sagat is weak.
    - Evil Ryu can fight top tier such as Cammy and Fei Long, but he has tough match ups against some mid tier characters, contrary to Ryu.

Source: Arcadia Magazine, image from Karaface. Additional contributions to this story by Cheng Kai "KarbyP" Sim.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ Houshen said EVO will be the last UMVC3 tournament he enters. Damn the Felicia ? is going away
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Daigo: 'I switched from Ryu to Evil Ryu because of Yun'; Ken, Akuma, Sagat are mid-tier but viable

02_daigo_eryu.jpg

Earlier this week, we posted a summarised excerpt from MCZ|Daigo's column in the latest issue of Arcadia magazine in Japan.

The exerpt itself was centered around Daigo's thoughts on the character tiers in Ultra Street Fighter 4. But as it turns out, the column itself was quite a bit longer, and contained a few more nuggets of info from The Beast himself.

For instance, MCZ|Daigo said that Yun was actually the main reason why he switched from Ryu to Evil Ryu. He also expressed his thoughts on where Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Sagat stand in the tiers.

Arcadia magazine's Morikawa: Everyone's probably been wondering about this, but can you please share with us your thoughts on character tiers in Ultra Street Fighter 4? Which characters are strong?

MCZ|Daigo: The strongest would definitely be Yun.

Arcadia: How strong would you say he is, compared to in AE?

MCZ|Daigo: In AE, ultimately there were three characters in the highest tier: Yun, Yang and Fei Long. And even in vanilla SF4, although you could say that Sagat was definitely the strongest character in the game, Akuma and Rufus were also up there.

Compared to those versions, this time Yun is so strong that you could say he is practically in his own tier. Although Yun does have a hard time against all of the new characters, across the board.

Arcadia: So you mean, overall, there are a lot of characters who have a hard time winning against Yun?

MCZ|Daigo: Yes, I believe so. In fact, it's the reason why I switched to Evil Ryu as my main. When fighting against Yun as Ryu, I thought "yikes, this is a pretty tough match-up".

And when I began to think about what I needed to overcome this match-up, well, to begin with I'd definitely need more attack power. Because I need to be able to punish command grabs with a painful counter-attack.

For those reasons, I decided to go with Evil Ryu. There were other concerns I had, of course, but it just so happened that picking Evil Ryu worked out with all of those concerns, and on top of that, E.Ryu could take on the top class character Yun.

Arcadia: So you're saying, Evil Ryu is a counter for Yun?

MCZ|Daigo: No, that's not what I mean. Although Evil Ryu can go toe-to-toe against Yun, in terms of character tiers, Evil Ryu himself is quite a bit lower. Although I'd say Evil Ryu is within the upper echelons of the tier, he's definitely not anywhere near Yun's tier.

Daigo goes on to list the top 10 characters, after Yun, which you can see in our previous story here.

To clarify further, this is what Daigo's tier list for the top 11 characters looks like:

- Yun
    - Cammy, Fei Long
    - Dudley, Evil Ryu, Makoto, Ibuki, C. Viper, Juri, Adon, Rufus

Daigo also clarifies that this list is based purely on characters who stood out, based on what he's seen. He also says that Ryu and Ken are right in the middle of the tiers.

Arcadia: What about Sagat? Looks like he has unfortunately not made the upper tiers this time.

MCZ|Daigo: Yep, he doesn't make it there. Well, if you look at it that way, apart from the top tier, the rest is unexpectedly quite normal. Like a normal tier list, really. Even the characters who have not made it into the higher echelons this time are quite viable. For instance, Akuma and... ah, Rose is pretty strong this time, too.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    So lets start an IC fighting clan, what system yall got?
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    So lets start an IC fighting clan, what system yall got?

PS3
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    @bcotton5 did you ever get a run back vs Justin Wong?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    nope^

Live right now

Topanga Charity Cup 4 - Ultra Street Fighter 4 live stream ft. Daigo, Sako, Tokido, Kazunoko, Bonchan, Fuudo and many others

04_topanga.jpg

The 4th Topanga Charity Cup is kicking off tonight with some glorious Ultra Street Fighter 4 action. This will be a 5-on-5 tournament taking place at Plaza Capcom Iruma, and many of Japan's best players will be in attendance.

Players expected to compete include MCZ|Daigo, MCZ|Tokido, Hori|Sako, Kazunoko, Bonchan, RZR|Fuudo, and many more.

All of the action will be streamed on Twitch, as opposed to the usual Nico broadcast. This means viewers outside of Japan should have no problem being a stream monster for this event.

You'll find a list of the teams competing and the live stream embed below.

- MCZ|Tokido, HORI|Sako, Kazunoko, Bonchan, RZR|Fuudo (Kachitagari)
    - MCZ|Daigo, MCZ|Mago, Nyanshi, BE|Nemo, Misse (Topanga)
    - KSK, R, Nekojita, Sentosu, Oshino Pepe
    - Yossan, Younashi, aiai, Waike, Shin (all Juri)
    - Amiyu, Hagejin, Ojisan, 666, Shimauta
    - NISHIKIN, Eita, Kenzo, Yoshio, Tsukiji
    - Zangitan, StormKUBO, Twiggy, Iori, anton

Notable players in other teams: Shiro, Kindevu, Kaybetsu, Matsugoro, ACQUA, Hakagi, Fenrir, Cojiro

• Bcotton5
    Options
    EVO 2014 this weekend!
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did that fool Mr Wizard schedule EVO for the weekend of the World Cup final?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I don't think he did it on purpose
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Why did that fool Mr Wizard schedule EVO for the weekend of the World Cup final?

We got an official EVO thread though
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Ultra Excellent Adventures of Gootecks & Mike Ross ft. Maximilian! Ep. 22: RELAX, MAX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARI4-87Ato8
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    New balance update announced lol, Edition Select coming to online for endless battle!

Combofiend: Ultra Street Fighter 4 balancing isn't finished, cites issues with Yun, Seth & Dee Jay - Edition Select coming online via update

12_usf4update2.jpg

There's an update to Ultra Street Fighter 4 in the works, but it may just address hit box issues and bugs that have been discovered.

During a panel at EVO 2014, Capcom's Peter "Combofiend" Rosas reportedly said balance work isn't finished yet on the game, specifically citing issues with Yun, Seth and Dee Jay.

Despite these statements, it's not confirmed that another balance patch will be available for USF4, once again, outside of fixing bugs and hit box problems.

In positive news though, Edition Select, which lets you select any version of the characters from the SF4 series will be making its way online.

Also, the option to make the training ? perform a delayed wake up will also be added into the game, via a future update.

During the panel, Capcom showed off how the tier lists look in the U.S. and Japan, which MetalMusicMan took a photo of.

12_usf4tiers.jpg

Capcom said they're looking into online issues, but there's nothing concrete to talk about, yet.

There was no confirmed timeline for the Edition Select, delay standing mechanic in training mode, and hitbox/bug fixes to be made available, but they're expected to come soon.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    @bcotton5 Free1up or Happy medicine?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Happy Medicine
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    I was originally going to wait for the boxed cope USF4 but since there's a tournament in my area 2 weeks away i went ahead and bought Ultra on PSN
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    If your attending summer jam this year and you preregistered for DOA(which is free to enter btw), You'll recive free DLC code for both Maria Rose and Phase-4.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Daigo unleashes the Satsui no Hadou on Yeb, Pro Fluke, Coach Steve, and more in these Ultra Street Fighter 4 exhibition matches

22_daigoexhibitions.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuV2D961buY

Bifuteki has just uploaded a series of Ultra Street Fighter 4 exhibition matches from EVO 2014.

These bouts feature none other than Mad Catz' own Daigo Umehara as he goes up against any opponent willing to accept the challenge. Although there are a couple of players here that aren't of the highest skill level, we do get to see a few familiar FGC faces compete.

Yeb, the veteran Gen player, Pro Fluke, the exceptional El Fuerte, and BIFU|Coach Steve, East Coast's baddest Blanka, all take a run at caging The Beast.

You can check out the EVO 2014 Ultra Street Fighter 4 exhibition matches below.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Daigo unleashes the Satsui no Hadou on Yeb, Pro Fluke, Coach Steve, and more in these Ultra Street Fighter 4 exhibition matches

22_daigoexhibitions.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuV2D961buY

Bifuteki has just uploaded a series of Ultra Street Fighter 4 exhibition matches from EVO 2014.

These bouts feature none other than Mad Catz' own Daigo Umehara as he goes up against any opponent willing to accept the challenge. Although there are a couple of players here that aren't of the highest skill level, we do get to see a few familiar FGC faces compete.

Yeb, the veteran Gen player, Pro Fluke, the exceptional El Fuerte, and BIFU|Coach Steve, East Coast's baddest Blanka, all take a run at caging The Beast.

You can check out the EVO 2014 Ultra Street Fighter 4 exhibition matches below.

The beast is no more
  • genocidecutter
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ricky Ortiz is planning a sex change operation

Meant to post this yesterday