Common on Justin Bieber: "I Haven’t Seen Racist Justin Beiber Tapes, But He’s Not A Racist"

Options

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAM... EVEN COMMON SELLIN OUT...NOT MR CONSCIOUSNESS
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew it was only a matter of time for common when he played that comedic role in Terminator Salvation.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are people going out of their way to defend dude
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common turning into a ? ?
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Com is supposed to be better than that. I'm highly disappointed.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    He's right about JB not being a racist tho.
    cats need to stop falling for the labeling game. that ? was offensive and disrespectful and shows what type of environment he was raised in.
    the industry is full of spineless types tho.

Agreed. But I don't think Common would disagree with this. He's speaking to whether JB is a racist now, and I think he is right in saying no.
    Negros are wacking my first comment -- as expected.

Why is it wrong though? Why do you think he is a racist right now? Even if he was a racist at 14 or 15 that doesn't mean he is now.
    See here's the problem.
    not your stance per say, but u got 3 posts in this thread Already...

some ? put forth too much effort to defend bigoted whites, be it beiber, sterling, iggy azalia or even the racist whites of the IC

yall go above and beyond the call of duty, why?

Its in their DNA
    We in 2014, ? still are on some slave ? .

? Common. Hes better off saying no comment.
    ? like him and,Nas stay speaking fairy concious ? , but when it's time to step up in reality. They get there cards pull.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kid you guys not. Everybody is a ? /sellout except IC posters.

He still a ? ? tho for beefing with drake over a ? .
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's signed to Def Jam now... I'm not surprised at this.

The only reason why ? should be entertaining this in the first place is out of boredom. Celebrities be trollin us.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said when the tapes came out that I didn't believe he was racist but he was out here being stupid thinking ? was funny when it wasn't.

I can't attack Common for his stance but I will say that him having black friends isn't preventing him from being a racist...at all that was a foolish statement. Besides that I don't know if he said anything particularly wrong.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Smh more tap dancing by these negros in the entertainment business.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Tiki tah tiki tah
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options

Cause they don't have IC wacks and flags to fear.

Seriously though, this is "going out of his way"? Common was asked a question and he answered. The tape came out over a month ago, and he's said nothing on his own initiative during that time.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I said when the tapes came out that I didn't believe he was racist but he was out here being stupid thinking ? was funny when it wasn't.

I can't attack Common for his stance but I will say that him having black friends isn't preventing him from being a racist...at all that was a foolish statement. Besides that I don't know if he said anything particularly wrong.

It isn't just that he has black friends. It's that he hangs with almost all blacks everyday. Racists don't typically do that. So the possibility of him being racist is very low, IMO. I agree though that there are lots of white people with black friends who are racist to some extent or another.
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this rate someone might as well turn this into one big thread on who's going to tap dance for justin next.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ? is outta control right now

You got Black men defending this culture vulture making all sorts of excuses for him, it's like we're so desperate for white approval we're letting anybody in all letting ? like this slide, paying no attention to history.

And did Common have anything to say about Peter Rosenberg talking reckless about Chuck D?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

You got Black men defending this culture vulture making all sorts of excuses for him, it's like we're so desperate for white approval we're letting anybody in all letting ? like this slide, paying no attention to history.

And did Common have anything to say about Peter Rosenberg talking reckless about Chuck D?

what did Peter Rosenberg say about Chuck D?
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

what did Peter Rosenberg say about Chuck D?

http://youtu.be/OE39dhaa9kU
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heare a white man's yes was a black, maybe-Common
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not surprised.Another one.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right. The cooning is so blatant its sickening.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh Com. Disappointed. Why's he commentin' when he hasn't seen the the videos
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cats need to stop falling for the labeling game. that ? was offensive and disrespectful and shows what type of environment he was raised in.

Agreed. But I don't think Common would disagree with this. He's speaking to whether JB is a racist now, and I think he is right in saying no.

Why is it wrong though? Why do you think he is a racist right now? Even if he was a racist at 14 or 15 that doesn't mean he is now.
    See here's the problem.

some ? put forth too much effort to defend bigoted whites, be it beiber, sterling, iggy azalia or even the racist whites of the IC

I think it's more my contrarian spirit. I love go against the grain, if you haven't noticed.

And I've never defended any of those other people. BTW, what did Iggy azalia do?

I think it's more your ? spirit.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

See here's the problem.

I think it's more my contrarian spirit. I love go against the grain, if you haven't noticed.

And I've never defended any of those other people. BTW, what did Iggy azalia do?

I think it's more your ? spirit.

Explain to me how JB is a racist now.

Explain why thinking that he's not a racist now makes someone a ? .