Nas VS Biggie.. The battle that never happened??

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ9xdoVSxSs

Comments

• MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It already did happen. Nas verses Jay

See how yall rewrite history. 60% of Jay's rhymes back then were literally Biggie's or somebody elses
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it happened.....check both their responces
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y all don't know about my biggie wars who you think kick in the door was for but that's my heart
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »

See how yall rewrite history. 60% of Jay's rhymes back then were literally Biggie's or somebody elses

You gonna need a source for that as far as jay rhymes
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never found any subliminals toward each other. But i was never looking to begin with.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

You gonna need a source for that as far as jay rhymes

Wow. U ? really don't know ? do u smh?

U mean to tell me you've never heard the track "I'm a Biter not a Writer"?

Everybody knew Jay was infamous back in those days for jackin barS.

That's why when Jay started calln himself the greatest rapper alive and the media ran with it that's how "you" always knew Jay had the machines working With him. Ain't noway u could jack all of those rhymes and be in an honest discussion of "Greatest Rapper Ever/Alive". Jay used other people's bars more than Dr. Dre and that ? has mainly always had a ghostwriter himself lol
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    That's why this Topic is a stupid hypothetical one. Jay and Big are pretty much literally the same Rapper bar for bar, flow for flow. In some cases literally
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you guys make the same threads over and over

moneyluver shut up
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why this Topic is a stupid hypothetical one. Jay and Big are pretty much literally the same Rapper bar for bar, flow for flow. In some cases literally

Big was nicer than Jay..
    Jay didn't start using Big's rhymes until after Big passed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg

Jay stole lines from

Biggie
    Nas
    2Pac
    Lil Kim
    Prodigy
    LL Cool J
    Bun B
    Snoop Dogg
    Slick Rick
    Big L
    Rakim
    BD Kane
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of rappers use others lines even the ones some of you praise.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They sound nothing alike, well to me atleast
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu4UG8uLHZ8

Jay used to rap like the Fu Schnickens,
    When Big and Nas blew up,
    Jay switched his flows and delivery up to sound like them..
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your fam destiny lays in my hands...
  • MoneyLuver
    Options

Yeah. But taking 12 bars at a time or 6's and 3's consistently is a whole different thing than just borrowing a bar or two or a beat.

And there's nothing wrong with paying homage. Homage songs are actually missing in the game at an all-time high right now. If Snoop was doin it in 96' then why can't Rick Ross or Big Krit do it in 2014?

illedout wrote: »

That's exactly what I'm gettin at. Jay is a poor man's Biggie. Always has been and always will be.

Lets not forget. Even tho he's been to some degree over-exaggerated, I can't deny that something special did In fact die in Hip Hop on March 9th 1997.

Jay being tha business tycoon he is saw an opening and tha resources and the rest is history
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh look, it's a Jay Z thread now
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Don't get it twisted, Nas was hip to em. He knew what Jay was up to tha whole time.

Even if it was just a competition between them two that still shows you that Nas was aware. EEverybody knew that.

Hypothetically speaking this battle has already happened. The only real difference between Jay and Big is the quality of star power/celebrity (personality) one has over the other. Onrs a fat lovable character and the other's just a Rapper.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never found any subliminals toward each other. But i was never looking to begin with.

"Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns"

- Illmatic drops April 94, Nas gets praise as the greatest new MC. Big drops Ready to Die 5 months later and gets the same praise stealing the limelight a bit

"Theres one life one love so there can only be one king"

-shots at Big being called king of NY

Nas spells it out on Last Real ? Alive
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah. But taking 12 bars at a time or 6's and 3's consistently is a whole different thing than just borrowing a bar or two or a beat.

And there's nothing wrong with paying homage. Homage songs are actually missing in the game at an all-time high right now. If Snoop was doin it in 96' then why can't Rick Ross or Big Krit do it in 2014?

That's exactly what I'm gettin at. Jay is a poor man's Biggie. Always has been and always will be.

Lets not forget. Even tho he's been to some degree over-exaggerated, I can't deny that something special did In fact die in Hip Hop on March 9th 1997.

Jay being tha business tycoon he is saw an opening and tha resources and the rest is history

Sounds like you just dislike him personally and you're cherry picking. Post examples of what you're saying. He took a whole 12 bars? Big and Jay sound nothing alike. Two different flows. Jay's flow is more wordy and faster, Big's flow is slower and more measured. Only similarities might've been their images in 1997.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When people talk about the most technically skilled rappers they always Bring up Eminem or nas or a bunch of underground guys. But Jay-z is up there. Yeah he switched up his flow, but the fact that he could pull off so many different ones with ease is pretty remarkable.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://youtu.be/dXnAtxXSGeE
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When people talk about the most technically skilled rappers they always Bring up Eminem or nas or a bunch of underground guys. But Jay-z is up there. Yeah he switched up his flow, but the fact that he could pull off so many different ones with ease is pretty remarkable.

The thing that hurt Jay was that when he came out, he had the image of a flashy rapper, so they lumped him in the category of a "Jiggy/Shinny Suit/Mainstream" rapper and that image was hated by the hip hop heads, it represented the commercialization of hip hop. Even though he had skills, he was overlooked because of his image, basically judged on a surface level since perception is everything. He beefed with Nas, who was the personification of anti establishment and the heads definitely despised him even more (they still haven't gotten over the beef against him 12 years later). So fast forward 12 years when he actually started declining and now they have a legit reason to not give him props like "see I told you he was wack" lol.
  • achewon87
    Options
    Too bad we never really got to see it play out completely...

This would have been a much better battle than anything the beef with Pac produced...

Instead of gaining an epic battle, we lost 2 great rappers...
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Me1971 wrote: »

Sounds like you just dislike him personally and you're cherry picking. Post examples of what you're saying. He took a whole 12 bars? Big and Jay sound nothing alike. Two different flows. Jay's flow is more wordy and faster, Big's flow is slower and more measured. Only similarities might've been their images in 1997.

Yall young ? really don't know anything do u smmfh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

"Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns"

- Illmatic drops April 94, Nas gets praise as the greatest new MC. Big drops Ready to Die 5 months later and gets the same praise stealing the limelight a bit

"Theres one life one love so there can only be one king"

-shots at Big being called king of NY

Nas spells it out on Last Real ? Alive

I always assumed Biggie's lyrics in his opening verse of Victory were directed towards Nas.

"The son of *Satan*, they say my killin's too blatant
    You hesitatin, I'm in your mama crib waitin
    Duct tapin your fam destiny
    lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist"

The way he pauses when before he says destiny implies he's using a double entendre. He could've just as easily said "your fam destiny lays in my hands" but the pause makes it sound like "your fam, destiny lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist"
  • achewon87
    Options
    Also lets not forget the skit on the purple tape talking about the album covers...

It was bubbling for awhile but east/west beef got more push...