50 Cent Stole "In Da Club" Hook From Lloyd Banks, Bang'Em Smurf Says

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bang'Em Smurf refers to 50 Cent as Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, and Young Bucks' "daddy," says the group will flop.

During a newly-published interview with Mikey T The Movie Star, former G-Unit affiliate Bang’Em Smurf seemed less than impressed with the group’s reunion at Hot 97 Summer Jam a few weeks ago. He even shared his belief that the reunion took place because Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, and Young Buck were getting low on money.

According to Smurf, 50 Cent’s lack of camaraderie towards other artists has prevented the other G-Unit members from working with the artists he says are “popping right now.”

“I didn’t really feel no kind of way because I [knew] Banks, Yayo, and Bucks situation financially,” Bang’Em Smurf said. “You know what I mean? At the end of the day they money getting low, so they had no choice but to run back to 50. Because 50 got them in contracts and he won’t let them out. So, it’s not like they could get money anywhere outside of G-Unit. Because remember at the end of the day the industry don’t ? with 50 and these ? no more. Like look at all the ? that’s winning. From the Khaleds to the French Montanas. To Puffy to Ross to all the major hitters right now [that] are relevant in the game. They don’t associate with 50. He burnt like all his bridges with them. So, at the end of the day that trickled down on his artists too. So, they can’t really get no major money with the ? that’s poppin right now…It ain’t gon’ work. It ain’t gon’ last.”

Bang’Em Smurf later made quite the bold statement when he revealed that he believes 50 Cent stole the hook for “In Da Club” from Lloyd Banks. He also called 50 Cent’s Animal Ambition album a flop and said that G-Unit will flop as well.

“50’s Animal Ambition just dropped…he flopped,” he said. “Once he flop G-Unit is gonna flop even extra hard…Banks is not really a street kid or a hustler. He don’t know nothing about hustling. Getting money out there scrambling in the streets. So, in the industry it’s gonna be the same way. You know what I mean? They depend on 50. That’s their daddy…That ‘In Da Club’ hook was a Lloyd Banks hook. 50 took that off of Lloyd Banks and did it over. The biggest record in the world today was a Banks hook.”

In a series of interviews with Mikey T The Movie Star, Bang’Em Smurf has criticized Ja Rule and Prodigy for releasing memoirs and shared his thoughts on Slowbucks getting his chain snatched during G-Unit’s Summer Jam performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI2YkhSskMM

Comments

• Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Artists in camps always bounce ideas etc off one another , ? that's what made deathrow so great , all these creative motherfuckas in one room vibing
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It does sound like a Lloyd Banks hook tho LOLOL

Lmao yeah it's crazy now that you think about it
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    It does sound like a Lloyd Banks hook tho LOLOL

I'm gonna hear banks when I hear that song now
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bang em ? been a hating ass ? . And the song is over 10yrs old. ? be mad as hell they in the same spot there were in ten yrs ago
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha co-sign at hearing banks voice on the hook now.he stole that go shorty its ur birthday a previous released song too
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at googling the original lyrics the hook is based off Luke's song It's Your Birthday released in 94 and why Bang Em Smurf always come off like he got jumped back in the day and still hold the grudge now that he's older. He could have said the climate of the game changed but nah he interjected emotions into it they still touring releasing new material good cause certain artists never got that chance and no other genre does this amongst artists. ? Smurf aka The Red Lobster Mascot bottom of the barrel.
  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all honesty I always thought that was a bank$ hook. it sound like that ? .
  • Young Stef
    Options
    And if he has any hip hop history or knowledge groups and or posse cuts were essential to golden era hip hop and always have been in some way shape or form and so what if Banks isn't as street certified as he claims neither were Ice T or Ice Cube but they contributed heavily to gangsta rap. Havoc is the hardest out of Mobb Deep Rick Ross paved the way for Wayne & Tyga to be studio Vivian Blakes. Good music is good music tho.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just goes to show you that Banks>>>>50 and has been for a minute
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now we know why Yay ana Gif aint ? with eachother.....the bank took Yayos house and the ? had the move to NC
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint lloyd rich?

didnt he get his pay day and tour the world and support by the hottest rapper out at that moment?

that ? got more than enough of payback if 50 did take it.

if they was a group then is there really any stealing?
  • Young Stef
    Options
    @Kellmill Banks was always the most lyrically out of everyone not saying he was a Ras Kass or Common but he always held his own and bodied the majority of his features and has always had quotables.
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As if getting that information from 50's enemy is credible

However, 50 made it clear Banks influence is on the song, even. Shouted him in context" ima tell what Banks tell me go head switch the style up"
    Obvious reference to Banks, plus said it interviews but didn't actually write.
    It's all salty discrediting info from Smurf.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the BEAT made that song not the hook or lyrics
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a big G-Unit fan, but it's funny how this dude can say 50 is Banks, Yayo, Buck's "daddy" and they need and depend on him, but outside of ? 50 Cent/G-Unit related, what else do you hear about this dude? This ? 's whole reasoning for being gave a ? about is 50 Cent/G-Unit gossip. So if they are 50's kids, then I guess dude is nut stains on hotel sheets
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    aint lloyd rich?

didnt he get his pay day and tour the world and support by the hottest rapper out at that moment?

that ? got more than enough of payback if 50 did take it.

if they was a group then is there really any stealing?

Banks yayo and game all made millions with 50. Only reason buck didn't was cause he was a ? cokehead
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That hook is actually Lyrics from one of Tupac's songs...
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sound like a jealous girlfriend
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well banks got a platinum album and a career that's still going today thanks to 50. So I guess they even
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can hear banks now lol.. maybe cause fif spit it in banks voice lol
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^lt sounds like banks,and it was more than likely dre's idea for fif to snatcth that from banks
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks was lookin for pay back on that 50 cent song many men intro sounds like a set up to me