So what now for Joe Buddens???

Options

Comments

• za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    za'kiss wrote: »
    They stopped going off the top because no one wants to hear those corny punchlines by ? like Jin anymore with all the stumbles and 3 minute setups before we actually hear something hot.

Getting rid of the beat and having ? prepare for weeks, sometimes even months for the battle is what took battle rap to a whole new echelon of talent and skill. Now we get insane schemes, double entendrers, punchlines, deep wordplay, creative angles and well-researched personals and an overall more well-polished and interesting presentation.

A lot of the best battle rappers still rely heavily on rebuttals and can freestyle off the top with the best of them, but that's just become one weapon in a battle rapper's arsenal rather than the entire format.

This cat stay throwing on the superman cape for battle rap. Damn. And major no sign on every thing you just stated.

I'm a big fan of the culture. It's one of my favorite things about hip-hip right now. Go ahead and no sign away. It doesn't bother me. ? have a right to think what they want.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden vs Hollow da Don Full Battle starts 2:…: http://youtu.be/SOh1jWbVt0I
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I must be old cause I remember when even during battles the rappers still flowed with some rhythm.. This sounds more like hostile spoken word.. I just didn't get all the intricate rhyme schemes and other advanced wordplay that it seems some of you got out of this.. Budden had it until ole boy knocked him off his square with the beating his ass bout beating a woman and mother stuff... Overall for him to not be a consistent battle rapper Joe did better than expected..
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DJ-Mista-Fab in here like

tumblr_m5cxllX0Lp1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

just recently got in these types of battles but so far i enjoyed them, joe will be aight he had some dope ? in there
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @veikuri‌ why houseniggas can focus o
    S2J wrote: »
    "His only chance at mainstream fame"..."laughing stock for the world"

Its not many times when you can clearly tell a poster is a lil teenager, but this is 1...bet money T/s is no older than 17

You obviously either a ? or a ? or ? , your not an industry insider you miscontrued what I typed
  • _God_
    Options
    Joe made a mockery of battle rap, disrespected it and embarassed hisself, this is good for him mainstream wise?
  • za'kiss
    Options
    freestylin is ah art..if you cant do it, then dont say you doing it...

Battle rappers that can't freestyle don't usually say that they can. Battle rappers that can, do, and use it as an advantage over opponents who cannot.

• za'kiss
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I must be old cause I remember when even during battles the rappers still flowed with some rhythm.. This sounds more like hostile spoken word.. I just didn't get all the intricate rhyme schemes and other advanced wordplay that it seems some of you got out of this..

There wasn't any. This event is considered one of the worst, if not the worst event in battle rap history by those in the battle rap community. It's a ? poor display of its talent and potential. There were some decent flashes here and there, but not much.

And modern battle rap actually is more akin to spoken word. That's fine by me.

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe took worse losses than this. Plus, he can turn off his phone and forget that the world he's irrelevant in even exists. At the same token, him ? about the crowd booing and the mics really lets me know he takes himself way too seriously. Hollow pretty much exposed his career beyond the "Pump It Up" jokes, so heads are gonna know if/why Joe suddenly makes a label change or some ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daylyte has made a mockery of "battle rap" numerous than Budden ever could
  • djraycool
    djraycool Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options
    If u actually watched the canibus battled u know Budden did worse than him.. In my opinion at least Canubus came with the demeanor of a battle rapper.. He did it acapeella in that format.. Budden read his like off paper. His delivery was right.
    Plus bis battle was really underground with ? around no Hollywood bs with laser lights and ? . Budden was maaaaaad corny. Joey cupcake
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joeys delivery was off
    Battle wasn't good, Joe will survive the L. Hollow wasn't much better
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe got slaughtered. His angles were wack, his bars weren't personal enough (replace Hollow with any other battle rapper and Joey's best lines still apply), and his setups were Dr. Seuss corny. His flow was preschool and his delivery was exhausted. Hollow ate him up with ease.

On topic, Joey can keep doing his reality TV ? or continue to release a wack slaughterhouse song or album every year, so his fans can circle ? on how he can spit so well, despite him being the weakest member in the group.

SN: I heard Hollow is now calling out Em. Hope it goes down.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe got slaughtered. His angles were wack, his bars weren't personal enough (replace Hollow with any other battle rapper and Joey's best lines still apply), and his setups were Dr. Seuss corny. His flow was preschool and his delivery was exhausted. Hollow ate him up with ease.

On topic, Joey can keep doing his reality TV ? or continue to release a wack slaughterhouse song or album every year, so his fans can circle ? on how he can spit so well, despite him being the weakest member in the group.

SN: I heard Hollow is now calling out Em. Hope it goes down.

You say "his bars weren't personal enough" but he's a nobody that's never been a celebrity. Even if he dug up some dirt on a personal level the crowd wouldn't have got it. I know I wouldn't.

Hollow kept hammering that "Pump it Up" is Joey's only hit which was true. Joey should have been hammering that Hollow didn't have a hit.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I just got finished watching the whole thing. Joey lost but it wasn't as bad as the Canibus/Dizastear battle

Canibus had more memorable lines:

Tom Cruise mom shoes>>>>>>
  • ojos_negros
    ojos_negros Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man if you go up against budden... someone who has taken more public Ls than pretty much any other rapper..and lose, I don't think you can call yourself much of a battle rapper.

Haven't actually watched the battle yet, ill get round to it, but joey is like the perfect punching bag surely
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe said hell no to battling again
  • _God_
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    joe said hell no to battling again

He was clearly uncomfortable
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    You say "his bars weren't personal enough" but he's a nobody that's never been a celebrity. Even if he dug up some dirt on a personal level the crowd wouldn't have got it. I know I wouldn't.

Hollow kept hammering that "Pump it Up" is Joey's only hit which was true. Joey should have been hammering that Hollow didn't have a hit.

Battle rap has changed to where they bring more than just energy filled rhymes and flow to the table. Nowadays, they've made it so word play/puns, angles, rebuttals etc. are just as important. Not saying it's better, but it does takes a lot more work to get up there and battle. You have to come up with a game plan and execute that game plan without stumbling once. Not to mention the breath control and the commanding the stage factor that also comes with it.

Joey lost because he didn't hit any of the categories I listed, and like I pointed out earlier, his best rhymes could've been applied to anyone in the current battle arena. All of his rhymes directed 100% at Hollow were borderline wack. And if you're going to battle someone, you have to do you research nowadays. Hollow might be a nobody to you, but to a lot of battle rap fans (you know, the people watching), he's a top 5 all-time battle rapper.

Btw Hollow hit Joe from multiple angles. One of his main angles was how with this new total slaughter show, they were now trying to commercialize battle rap and Joe was the ? they were using to execute the plan, and how Hollow wasn't going to let that happen.

Then he mentions how Joe was a slave to the music business, and how Em and company allowing Joe to battle was their way of saying they no longer wanted Joe since he couldn't move records. And how if Joe was an asset, they would have deemed it as too risky.

He then hit Joe with him beating women, being a dead beat dad, getting played by hoes instead of pimping them, having no day one ? , getting beat up by multiple ? , how all of his 'women' ? on him, being a sucker for love etc.

He then proceeded to rebut with a freestyle about Joe's wackass flow and delivery, by telling him he sounds like he's reading his rhymes, and he capitalized on the moment when Joe ? up and dropped the mic. Oh and Hollow had the better stage presence, flow and energy.

In sum, THE ? WASN'T CLOSE! Joe got ate up something serious.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just listened to the ? and truthfully that first round you could definately give it to Joe. Hollow says some good stuff ever so often and despite Joe kinda catching him off guard to get the round the Jodeci line was impressive. Still tho, i dont know how you Hollow the Don fans deal with his voice. This ? has sounded like Krammer from Seinfeld with a cold after deepthroating since his 106 & Park days. Smh

Anyway the second round if you can get past Joe sounding so scripted by then could also be given that round. Hollow did better as the battle was going on tho and you can sense him ascending as far as the stamina and wit was concerned. Wouldnt be shocked if ? called that round a tie.

The 3rd round was more about what Joey wasnt doing and the crowd effecting him more so that Hollow killing him. Hollow did win that round decisively but Joe already said the first round that he was gonna talk about his girl n ? so it kinda made the personals Hollow said towards that topic a little bit trite and came off as a playing it safe move and when the other guy dunt told the crowd what you finna eventually say and you do it, ? aint really as impressive as if Hollow woulda did his 3rd round the 1 st round before Joe could tell the crowd about the BM Jokes. Joe putting the mic down made it seem like seem really bad and took away from the good ? he did in the battle. For that ? alone i can see that swinging things to Hollow.

Bottom line yeah Hollow from a wordplay stand point and personals won it but for Joe to get atleast a round in a half in this ? arena of expertise when he shoulda killed him is an indictment on him that Joe almost pulled the ? off.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Collab with Houston rappers
  • _God_
    Options
    Lux totally destroyed hollow, joe made hollow look great, n joe was tryna be bigger than the stage
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe has a better chance of making a hit by himself then making one with slaughterhouse

lol ? he the only one who always has
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe has a better chance of making a hit by himself then making one with slaughterhouse

lol ? he the only one who always has

not always I mean already
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Reality TV had him looking like a fool fighting lames, on twitter he makes an event out of back and forth twitter beefs with his exes (then simps when he gets sonned) while he's teased by the majority of Twitter, and now Hollow beat him, the Ls continue to pile on for Joe SMMFH. The thing with Joe is that he's too emotional, the girls he dates are getting more famous than he is at this point. Great rapper but individually he's his own worst enemy. He's a smart guy in some of his interviews but for whatever reason man dude gets real lame & seems to get in his own way.

I think the reason why musically he's not as revered as he should be is b/c he's not consistent. He took way too long after MM4 to drop more music and gets more play for the foolishness in his personal life than he does in music. Iuno then again I never liked Joe Budden, type of guy to steal from you and tell you your best man did it and then snitch on himself on twitter SMMFH.

he actually put music out almost every year since mm4 came out