Photographer, Graff Artist, Producer, and A&R Dante Ross Calls IC Poster SOWETO's beats "horrible"

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont know who either of these people are. ? both of them.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "jam" is definitely not my strongest work, but i liked what i did with the bits/pieces from "cola bottle baby." the synth was desperate.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As the best producer on this board, I can confidently say your beats aren't that wack...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beefin with people in the industry isn't gonna get you anywhere
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn bruh that ? sounding like a artistic kid made that
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Worl'Boss wrote: »

artistic? lmao you mean autistic?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell the photographer to check out QBMillz
  • SOWETO
    Options
    it wasn't a matter of beef. did he bring a biter into the game or no?
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »
    it wasn't a matter of beef. did he bring a biter into the game or no?

why's it matter to you? it's not even like bronson is on a major level like iggy, where he's constantly being heard by people. and then there's the fact that the rapper he's "biting" is already bigger than him, it doesn't really matter. you can avoid hearing his music and going to his shows, so why does it matter to you?
  • SOWETO
    Options
    well, if he gon say, "hip hop been co-opted 20 yrs ago, get over it", im inclined to remind you of your role in it being co-opted less than 5 yrs ago. and you don't get to live just cause you shot some pics and ran in the same circles as some greats.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this ? is nice, a little tweaking and it could be some fire
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea ion think action Bronson "biting" is a big deal, I mean are the people he bit mad? Maybe it's just influence, and wat is co-opted supposed to mean, no one is snatching the art form, its for everyone to enjoy
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

artistic? lmao you mean autistic?

lmaoo
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unintentional humor is the best.
  • SOWETO
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yea ion think action Bronson "biting" is a big deal, I mean are the people he bit mad? Maybe it's just influence, and wat is co-opted supposed to mean, no one is snatching the art form, its for everyone to enjoy
    maybe you dont like ghostface killah. i do, so to me, it's a big deal. my understanding of this culture/music is that it doesnt allow copycats. and as long as we got ppl w/no integrity tryna blow, we'll hear things like, "biting isnt a big deal," "x bangs in the whip," "no one's snatching the artform," and "i mean, for a x, they can spit." sure everyone can enjoy, but some ppl just dont have a skill set of their own, and they should sit tf down.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive been a ghost fan since the 90s.

Action isnt a biter, if anything hes just heavily influenced by ghostface. But his natural voice is similar to gfk, through no fault of his own. Its really just the way he words his ? and all the obscure references he makes. But he hasnt "bitten"anything imo.

Not to mention him & ghost have like one or two tracks together. Ghost wouldnt rock with AB if he felt he was a biter.

We know how ghostface feels about shark ? , word to bad boy.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think u need a co producer ....ur beats sounds like ur trying to hard to stack sounds and make sense of them...in music simplicity is key
  • SOWETO
    Options

Action isnt a biter, if anything hes just heavily influenced by ghostface. But his natural voice is similar to gfk, through no fault of his own. Its really just the way he words his ? and all the obscure references he makes. But he hasnt "bitten"anything imo.

Not to mention him & ghost have like one or two tracks together. Ghost wouldnt rock with AB if he felt he was a biter.

man, listen... action bronson raps like ghostface/its a concerted effort. pls find out how much those guest verses cost him before we act like it was done out of love/mutual respect as emcees. ghost was on the "special delivery remix" and they put "10 bricks" on "fishscale." some ? is just about a check.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...in music, musicality is key

lol @ dante ross being a photographer
    lol @ action bronson biting ghostface
  • SOWETO
    Options
    I think u need a co producer ....ur beats sounds like ur trying to hard to stack sounds and make sense of them...in music simplicity is key
    "stacking sounds/making sense of them...." congrats, you just described making beats.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

man, listen... action bronson raps like ghostface/its a concerted effort. pls find out how much those guest verses cost him before we act like it was done out of love/mutual respect as emcees. ghost was on the "special delivery remix" and they put "10 bricks" on "fishscale." some ? is just about a check.

True point. I still agree to disagree on action biting ghost tho

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    "stacking sounds/making sense of them...." congrats, you just described making beats.
    Yea but a monkey w a computer can push a button and stack random sounds together.... U play or ever played an instrument?
  • SOWETO
    Options

True point. I still agree to disagree on action biting ghost tho

are you saying none of ghostface's style is conveyed when action bronson raps?
  • SOWETO
    Options
    Yea but a monkey w a computer can push a button and stack random sounds together.... U play or ever played an instrument?

violin, guitar, drums
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

violin, guitar, drums

Then u understand music composition.... Therefore make better music