A question about Jumpoffs

Options
FsK
FsK Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
This came up a couple of weeks ago with some friends, let me know what you think GnS.

...does having a jumpoff just show that your S/O ain't doig something right/ain't right for you? Or you just ain't that serious about them?

Because in that case why go through the hassle?

Comments

• King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You wouldn't invest all your money into one stock would you? Can you imagine, 1 ? for the rest of your life
  • Stephen-r
    Stephen-r Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    Options
    its not worth it unless you are ready to give up on something you have already invested a lot of time and effort in already.
    cause you will always catch feelings
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You wouldn't invest all your money into one stock would you? Can you imagine, 1 ? for the rest of your life

? ain't everything homie. Bredth <<<<<<< Depth.
    Nobody is perfect, including your wife/main/fiancee. Faithful men look past that and never cheat. On the other hand, ppl have jumpoffs to fill that void.

Or a ? just wants some different ? that day.

Absolutely, case by case basis.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Men are only as faithful as their options
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on what type of relationship you in

if it ain't serious, then yea get a jump off, smash that ? like no tommorow

but if its more serious than there will be no reason in thinking a jump off

there is something lacking if you are considering that

for example I know a ? that is married, (too young, I might add)

and his wife is restricting access to the ? from him, unjustly

so he goes and smashes a ? or get his ? sucked from time to time

is he wrong for that?

I dont judge cause I dont get paid to judge

but it shows that there is something lacking in the relationship

or as someone one else posted unless u just wanted something new that day

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm married then why would I get a jump off. If I'm in a relationship period then I won't go that route

it's easier to be single or tell your chick straight up what the business is.

Imma grown man & all that hiding phones & deleting messages is bogus life
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For men, it could mean ANYTHING:
    -Ya girl ain't doing what she needs to do
    -Ya ain't serious about ya girl
    -Ya just want some other ?
    -etc, etc, etc

For women, it usually only means 1 of 2 things:
    -Her man ain't doing what he's supposed to be doing
    -She's not serious about her man
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes, I just really think that people should be openly poly. Then you could have all the thots you want without sneaking around behind your partner's back.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    Sometimes, I just really think that people should be openly poly. Then you could have all the thots you want without sneaking around behind your partner's back.

Well all know that's not true in reality. But yea, ideally the people who wanted to ? other people would just be open and honest.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Well all know that's not true in reality. But yea, ideally the people who wanted to ? other people would just be open and honest.

I know people who are openly poly.

It works out better in the long run, TBH.
  • mryounggun
    Options

Right. But look at it like this. Right now monogamy is the norm and being open poly is thaw underground ? . If being openly poly was the norm, the same sort of issues would arise then that arise now. For example, you'd have a chick who REALLY likes a dude, but the dude ain't into the poly ? , regardless of if it is the norm or not. So she'll lie to that dude and tell him he's the only one, when the rest of her dudes know what time it is.

The end result is the same.

There will ALWAYS be people who are not into poly, regardless of how popular it becomes. There will ALWAYS be people willing to lie to that person in order to get with them. And they'll ALWAYS ? other people on the side.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    monogamy isnt natural..
    for a ? to think otherwise is some ? ? ..
  • mryounggun
    Options
    monogamy isnt natural..

Agreed. But for the sake of conversation...what does that mean, really? A lot of ? that we've deemed socially acceptable and abide by culturally isn't natural. We don't really question those things for some reason. What is it about monogamy that makes us use the 'it's not natural' defense?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    monogamy isnt natural..

Agreed. But for the sake of conversation...what does that mean, really? A lot of ? that we've deemed socially acceptable and abide by culturally isn't natural. We don't really question those things for some reason. What is it about monogamy that makes us use the 'it's not natural' defense?

i actually question EVERYTHING.. and when social constructs are set up one has to think to who's benefit and at who's expense..

thats why i find it hard to respect an argument based on "what society deems"..

if it aint natural it aint natural..
    and jus cause its law dont make it right..

im not about to sit here and argue science.. if u choose to struggle on the daily wit who u naturally are and what society wants u to be ? thats on u..
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Options

Right. But look at it like this. Right now monogamy is the norm and being open poly is thaw underground ? . If being openly poly was the norm, the same sort of issues would arise then that arise now. For example, you'd have a chick who REALLY likes a dude, but the dude ain't into the poly ? , regardless of if it is the norm or not. So she'll lie to that dude and tell him he's the only one, when the rest of her dudes know what time it is.

The end result is the same.

There will ALWAYS be people who are not into poly, regardless of how popular it becomes. There will ALWAYS be people willing to lie to that person in order to get with them. And they'll ALWAYS ? other people on the side.

I think being poly might explore all of these issues with a better resolution.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    i see no problem with a dude having a jumpoff....the problem is when it becomes a relationship.

but
    some guys are greedy and want all the ? they can get
    some guys are insecure and want to prove they still got it and never lost it
    some guys are filling a void they mate cant fill
    some guys are filling a void from they own internal struggles
    some guys are not in control of they own vice and love different ?
    and some guys just like having @kat around. shes can be fun but aint cute

Pretty sure you spelled mom wrong buddy.

@pralims
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monogamy isn't natural, STDs are natural. Condoms aren't natural. Put it all together...
  • mryounggun
    Options
    monogamy isnt natural..

i actually question EVERYTHING.. and when social constructs are set up one has to think to who's benefit and at who's expense..

thats why i find it hard to respect an argument based on "what society deems"..

if it aint natural it aint natural..
    and jus cause its law dont make it right..

im not about to sit here and argue science.. if u choose to struggle on the daily wit who u naturally are and what society wants u to be ? thats on u..

Interesting.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Monogamy isn't natural, STDs are natural. Condoms aren't natural. Put it all together...

? ..
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    I'll never cheat because I wouldn't want to be cheated on. It's called being faithful, so having a jumpoff isn't worth it.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Men are only as faithful as their options

I wish dudes would stop saying this....

And call it what it really is....

? >>>>