'14 MLB Season Thread (Pages 1-21 = Offseason News)

Options

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Are the A's the favorite now?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's official The Red Sox finally gave up. From worst to first back to worse back to back to back.

We win in this deal what you talking about?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a good trade for both teams especially if lester resigns wit the red sox this winter.A's pitching staff was already nasty they're gonna be a serious problem in the playoffs.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a good trade for both teams especially if lester resigns wit the red sox this winter.A's pitching staff was already nasty they're gonna be a serious problem in the playoffs.

As a long time A's fan since 84/85 and Bay Area representative my first thought was ? , reminded me of The Jose Canseco for Bobby Witt and Ruben Sierra trade.

There's a good chance Cespedes would of leave, I would of liked to see him stay and makes this Strive for Five run.

Billy better get an extra bat, a bat with power.

Young Moolah Ball Baby!
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess i'm one of the rare folks not in love with that trade for Oakland side , I understand their rotation is pretty deep now but their offense took a huge hit losing Cespedes not only that but he was a very good defender , yes his avg. wasn't super high and he K's a good bit but they're losing a 25+ HR guy and 80+ RBI guy , where they getting that from ?

I really like Josh Donaldson as a player but he's not a Miguel Cabrera type guy where he can carry your lineup , Oakland is basically adding to what they were already good at and took away what they still needed , yes pitching is huge in the playoffs but you will still need to hit ..their big bats now are Donaldson & Brandon Moss ..I dunno about all that. And hell Donaldson fell off big time average wise as of late
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    It's official The Red Sox finally gave up. From worst to first back to worse back to back to back.

So you're saying we will make the playoffs via wildcard this year? At least we got rid of Peavy.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Like I said overall we're clearly worse than last year, due to alot of dropoff in performances (in our hitting esp). What I said about worst to best to worse is accurate for now. We'll see how the younger talent will develop in the next year or so.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow im happy to see alan and kelly go as a dodgers fan ........for the As kinda crazy trade basically traded power hitter for a ace pitcher i dont like it for the As u in first place if it aint broke dont ? with it smh if jester go back to soxs
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Tampa beat writer sayin David Price about to get traded
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Tigers got David Price
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Wow im happy to see alan and kelly go as a dodgers fan ........for the As kinda crazy trade basically traded power hitter for a ace pitcher i dont like it for the As u in first place if it aint broke dont ? with it smh if jester go back to soxs

Yeah that's what I don't get. They just gave up a lot of production in that lineup that will now make it more difficult for everyone else in the lineup too. They put all their eggs in the pitching basket. Their rotation is amazing but somebody is going to have to really step it up to fill in those gaps on the scoreboard from getting rid of a guy like Cespedes.

Word i turned on espn seen it thought it was a rumor lol i just dont get.it cespedes was big part of that line up and a everyday player smh bet angels fans happy lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Red Sox finally got rid of the Steve Drew kid.

As n Tigers got a mean starting 3 now..
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    Damnnnn price and tigers man now im.pump dodgers better try get cole from philly lol
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    Lmao.jackson comin out the game cuz he got traded lol crazyyy
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Deadline officially over.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    The Tigers have agreed to acquire David Price from the Rays, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The deal is a three-way trade between the Tigers, Rays, and Mariners.

Austin Jackson will go to the Mariners, per a tweet from Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, with Nick Franklin and Drew Smyly heading to Tampa, according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Good riddance John lackey, st Louis can have him but The Red Sox pitching looking worse at the same time, lets see if the offense is cracked up to what it looks like to be on paper.
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    Dodgers need a catcher ellis is such a ? on offense
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Damnnnn price and tigers man now im.pump dodgers better try get cole from philly lol

Not happening and wouldn't make sense.

Kershaw,Greinke, and Ryu is plenty ..no need to give up the farm to add to your strength, if anything the Dodgers needed to make a move for the bullpen.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at the Tigers getting Price. I was watching the White Sox/Tigers game when they pulled Austin Jackson. This sucks
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sooooo all Tampa got back was Nick Franklin and Drew Smyly???????? jesus smh.

fleeced
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I hate to see austin jackson go that was pretty sad seeing him get pulled for a standing ovation
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tigers are Under Pressure, Billy Beane got them pulling triggers real quick. They going to Miss that bat
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you're saying we will make the playoffs via wildcard this year? At least we got rid of Peavy.

you weren't holding on to hope thinking we were going to make the playoffs were you? I'm not even thinking about this year, I'm looking forward thinking about a lineup with Cespedes and Bogaerts both at the peak of their career and how good it could potentially be, I also think they have a plan for an ace, no one even knew Cespedes was available so who knows what pitchers on the low are out there, I don't believe Lester comes back I would laugh in disbelief if it did but you can't rule it out, there's also talk of using Cespedes in a potential deal for Giancarlo Stanton, either way they had to trade Lester they ? up negotiations in the fall and they ended up making out, to be honest it was a cot damn fire sale in Boston today and they made out in every deal
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Damn I hate to see austin jackson go that was pretty sad seeing him get pulled for a standing ovation

That trade won't save y'all, White Sox still go catch the Tigers
This discussion has been closed.