'14 MLB Season Thread (Pages 1-21 = Offseason News)

Options

Comments

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Damn I hate to see austin jackson go that was pretty sad seeing him get pulled for a standing ovation

That trade won't save y'all, White Sox still go catch the Tigers

U a funny ? lol
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pederson wasn't getting traded , Dodgers want to give him the starting job possibly as soon as next season they view him as a true CF with 20+ HR 20+ SB potential.

and it's not a given they keep Hanley Ramirez he's injured often it seems and even if he' is in the lineup he's playing hurt, plus deep down I don't think they want to go a 7-10 year deal with a 30 year old SS who isn't a good SS outside of offense , yea you can move him to third but Hanley has never committed to third he's always complained about it so they want Corey Seager their #1 rated prospect stashed also.

you can fall too deep in love with prospects and not do deals you should be doing but in the Dodgers case they made the right move , Kemp isn't Kemp anymore , Crawford is washed up , Either is mediocre at best , and Puig is a stud ...their OF is actually pretty overrated outside of Puig all the other guys are nowhere near what they use to be and Dodgers recognize that.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hanley crawford been hurt yet we won division last year and will again this year we fine i do agree if hanley can.move third.next year be perfect i liike our four outfielders rotation maybe one.more solid pitcher and a backcatcher that can hit
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Xander back to shortstop I guess...take 2 on this...

He's the future there and we're out of the playoff race, so let him cook
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    I like all the trades Boston made , got younger and added bats , you're damn near 14 games back in the division and with that wack ass outfield hitting they had they weren't going to catch anyone.

they got Cespedes,Joe Kelly,Allen Craig , a extra draft pick , two prospects

for Lester who is a FA after the year , Lackey will be 36 in Oct , Peavy is close to finished if he isn't already .

I think Boston did a outstanding job.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs traded bonaficio and james russell to the braves after trading barney.Which most likely means baez will be called up in september

I liked bonaficio duke hustled
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So during the World Series this thread was crickets and now the trade deadline is here this thread is doing numbers. O.K.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Hanley crawford been hurt yet we won division last year and will again this year we fine i do agree if hanley can.move third.next year be perfect i liike our four outfielders rotation maybe one.more solid pitcher and a backcatcher that can hit

Did I say they didn't win? where you read that at?

your Outfield is overrated I don't care what anyone says....Crawford hasn't played good baseball since 2010 , Either 2012 and Kemp 2012 also

I said it doesn't make sense to give up your CF of the future as soon as next year to add yet another starting pitcher when you already have one of the best rotations.

if Hanley agrees to a move to third in the future then yea a big deal for him may make sense but he's a terrible defender at SS so you cant just up and move both your CF & SS of the future when you have big question marks at those positions , Hanley could very well be gone after this year ..Seager will still need another season or so in the minors but you cant lose both.

Dodgers are set up nicely right now I enjoy watching them but also a lot of their guys underachieve like hell , their rotation carries the hell out of them. they don't wanna give up their offensive players of the future when the guys are a year or a year and a half away.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Cubs traded bonaficio and james russell to the braves after trading barney.Which most likely means baez will be called up in september

I liked bonaficio duke hustled

I like that they finally moved Baez to second , I think eventually Kris Bryant goes to RF and Starlin goes to third.

I think Theo plans to keep all his bats , unless it's someone at a position that has no shot of overtaking the guy in front of him.
  • O.G.
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    So during the World Series this thread was crickets and now the trade deadline is here this thread is doing numbers. O.K.

You one of those guys that get ? off when Puig misses a cut off man? Just enjoy it mane.

As long as he hits 2 triples the next day he can keep on being the Wild Horse. All or nothing with this kid.
  • O.G.
    Options

Did I say they didn't win? where you read that at?

your Outfield is overrated I don't care what anyone says....Crawford hasn't played good baseball since 2010 , Either 2012 and Kemp 2012 also

I said it doesn't make sense to give up your CF of the future as soon as next year to add yet another starting pitcher when you already have one of the best rotations.

if Hanley agrees to a move to third in the future then yea a big deal for him may make sense but he's a terrible defender at SS so you cant just up and move both your CF & SS of the future when you have big question marks at those positions , Hanley could very well be gone after this year ..Seager will still need another season or so in the minors but you cant lose both.

Dodgers are set up nicely right now I enjoy watching them but also a lot of their guys underachieve like hell , their rotation carries the hell out of them. they don't wanna give up their offensive players of the future when the guys are a year or a year and a half away.

Talk to em.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Yea Verlander has been ? water

surprised Oakland held on to Jason Hammel also , Oakland got a ton of calls about him and he's been ? terrible since he's got to Oakland.

but i'd take Tigers out of those two in the long run based off of offense
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Jarred Cosart to the Marlins , Astros get back Colin Moran who was the #6 overall pick in 2013 draft out of UNC..Cosart has the best upside out of those two , wasn't crazy about Moran coming out of UNC ..thirdbase position you need to have pop and he has none, good hitter but corner guys need to be able to give you 20+ hr's if they aren't burners on the bases.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Jarred Cosart to the Marlins , Astros get back Colin Moran who was the #6 overall pick in 2013 draft out of UNC..Cosart has the best upside out of those two , wasn't crazy about Moran coming out of UNC ..thirdbase position you need to have pop and he has none, good hitter but corner guys need to be able to give you 20+ hr's if they aren't burners on the bases.

So we won that trade? Cool, I'll take it. It's been a struggle for us at finding a 3rd baseman since Miggy lol.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Cosart is a starting pitcher, still a win at least in the short term
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    We got ? over by a horrific call against the Reds. Scust.
  • O.G.
    Options
    Broomed the Braves. Gonna need to see better run support the second half of this season tho.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EagerClassicAmmonite.gif

Good lord...

My boy Kershaw is just a monster!!!

Its getting to the point of ridiculous how dominate he is right now. Soon as he figures out the Cardnals in St louis ( and he will ) Its a damn wrap!! The Giants definately dont wanna see him no more.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember awhile back when I think it was Cliff Lee or roy holiday when dodgers were gonna trade chad Billingsley or.kershaw i always wanted them to pull that trigger for chad not kershaw but damn i never thought he was gonna be this sick
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

that's because in such a short time period alot of big moves were made that were big and also a little shocking. unless you were not a red sox or cards fan what would be so intriging about a long ass 4 hour game that is slower and duller than ever.

? i went to fenway this year to catch my yankees and the fans were less enthusiastic as ever before. and mind you i go to at least one yanks sox game a year. the trades are more intriguing than any yankees red sox game i will watch on tv this weekend that will drag out way too damn long.

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    lmao

twitter is the greatest social network ever all for free 99 too
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Someone explain to me what the Rays were thinking with that trade?
  • ckfree
    Options
    supposedly mlb network yesterday got played by a fake ken rosenthal twitter account with rosenthal there
This discussion has been closed.