Damon Dash "I Dropped Kanye West Because…"

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope kanye does phone bigs or dame, maybe if he starts chillin with them more instead of jay his mode and music will improve.

Dame is trying to get this cash I don't think he has as much money as he says.
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dame dont look broke 2 me..
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I remember watching an Interview Kanye did with Sway. Kanye said he had a choice to stick with dame, or go with Jay, and he chose to go with Jay. Sway asked if kanye felt like he was disloyal for doing that since Dame was the one that discovered kanye, and kanye looked like he was about to cry and said yeah.

That was one kanye west best interviews.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On "driven" I coulda swore I heard dame say "we just wanted to keep his beats".. ah well.. rocafella is history class at this point..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Dame was the one to see potential in Kanye? So it was Biggs all this time and he was saying it was him? Why didn't Biggs look out for himself by not putting himself in the predicament. I don't see how the situation is equal in terms of helping someone in their defining moment. It's not like Kanye needed legal help to get around his drug conviction. For the most part, if he wasn't talented, he wouldn't have gone anywhere regardless of what anyone saw in him. Bigs job as a record executive was to break and make money off of new artist. That's where it ends.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It sounds like Dame really asking for himself in a coded way. He don't give a ? about Biggs. I didn't hear Biggs name drop since he got arrested until this dude started getting exposed for his money issues....... Again.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If tables were turned would either of them help ye ?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that the dude that be cutting Dame hair? He does interviews now?

What was the purpose of this interview, to talk about Kanye?

Dame act like Kanye would never got on in the business if it wasn't for the ROC

Sounds like a shot at Jay at the 5:50 mark ".... and the people that didn't pay him no mind and look out for him, he be up under them ....."

Dame act like Biggs was feeding Kanye family until Kanye made a hot beat that finally made him some money

If Biggs didn't have money tucked away for these rainy days, that's on him ...... dude was making money from a legit business but still went the street life route ...... maybe if it was a legit business that needed help .... just maybe Kanye could look out in some way to help the failing business by doing business with him or sending business his way from other people .... other than that .... I don't see what Kanye owe that man. Kanye wasn't in the illegal hustle game with that man .......

So Dame wanted Kanye to give Beans a bunch of tracks for free because Beans was on his way to jail ...... why didn't Dame just pay for the tracks ..... he was the cakeaholic then?!

So you do a interview(s) about what the next man is not doing instead of focusing on your business and what you're doing ....... real businessmen don't have time for the nonsense .......

Is that tweet he sent to Kevin Hart real? If so smh @‌ Dame
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tf type of ? is this.....dam this an all time low
    ? talking bout he see Ye on tv spending dough...why you in that man's pockets
    According to Dame you can smash off his wife but aslong as you made him some money it's all good and he still gonna look out.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alibaba wrote: »
    Dame dont look broke 2 me..

how so?

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    tf type of ? is this.....dam this an all time low
    ? talking bout he see Ye on tv spending dough...why you in that man's pockets
    According to Dame you can smash off his wife but aslong as you made him some money it's all good and he still gonna look out.

hahaha I see what you did there

Dame aka 'i dont like making money off of other men'...but your whole existence on the net bein based around 1, and now 2 dudes is ok

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bitter ? broke ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I remember watching an Interview Kanye did with Sway. Kanye said he had a choice to stick with dame, or go with Jay, and he chose to go with Jay. Sway asked if kanye felt like he was disloyal for doing that since Dame was the one that discovered kanye, and kanye looked like he was about to cry and said yeah.

That was one kanye west best interviews.

I cant find the ? anywhere. It was like an MTV News interview. I think it came out A little bit after Late Registration, or a little bit before Graduation.
  • S2J
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Some people were trying to say Dmae was 'joking' in that tweet but thats BS and this new interview proves it. He essentially says the same thing to Kanye that he was sayin to Kev Hart

'Dont shout me out, ngga, help a me out' lls

Sooo apparently Dame is now a mother in an African village with kids in the US...he wants them to send for him.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dame sounds foolish no one is going to entertain this guy whether its Joie Manda or Jay Z. You finished take ur Free Biggs picket sign and go hang with dipset.
  • S2J
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And a lot of people dont know this but the minute someone is wrapped up in some FEDERAL ? , or anything illegal in general, it aint that easy to just give them money. You dont know where that money will end up and by law in a lot of ways you're responsible for what they do with that money. RICO...

Thats how Irv Gotti got caught up (even tho he was probably ? himself) and he's LUCKY to be breathin free air right now.

Thats how Mike Jordan's gambling problems came to light b/c he was subpoened to a money landering trial b/c of money he gave a dude