MMLP 2 complete garbage

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Did he have some corny punch lines? Sure. Was it great? Nah. Complete waste of time? Not at all. Solid album. Just cause the album doesnt have "replay value" to it doesnt mean its ass and the bonus disc makes up for the pop ? he has on it.

HipHopdx was money with their review
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.2174/title.eminem-marshall-mathers-lp-2

In regards to the "pop ? " comment you made. I think most peoples problem, at least my own is, eminem built a career based on dissing the type of music he is making. Based on artists that he is collaborating with (albeit they changed their names) never in my life would I have thought he woulda collaborated with someone like Rihanna.

His first two albums are amazing btw

What do u mean? "My Name Is", "The Real Slim Shady" and "Without Me" weren't pop songs? Its the same thing, he's just using other pop figures on them recently.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this album came and went

Yo it really did but Eminem doesnt promote ? anymore.

But this album was hot. People on here are just so against Eminem its blind hate. The album just didnt age well. It had some duds like Berzerk, ? , that Kendrick track but for the most part it was a solid album, nothing great. And I definitely do NOT wanna see him work with mad different producers again, thats what he did with Recovery and it sounded all over the place.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    and most of the bonus tracks were dope too
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But this album was hot. People on here are just so against Eminem its blind hate. The album just didnt age well. It had some duds like Berzerk, ? , that Kendrick track but for the most part it was a solid album, nothing great. And I definitely do NOT wanna see him work with mad different producers again, thats what he did with Recovery and it sounded all over the place.

we're saying this about an album thats not even a year old
    think about that
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I had to scratch my head at that ? "it just didnt age well" "just cuz it has no replay value, doesnt mean its a bad album" , yall my ? but yall buggin lol
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

we're saying this about an album thats not even a year old
    think about that

In my opinion, just cause an album didnt age well doesnt mean it was wack. It only means for me that theres so much other ? I rather listen too. If I throw this joint on my iPod now I would still think it was dope and I could not listen to it again for months. Its not an album I wanna listen too all the time thats exactly what I said it was solid not great.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somethin aint write when your people credit an em album for the bonus tracks

Hes still real to me dammit!

Smh
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    Options
    I had to scratch my head at that ? "it just didnt age well" "just cuz it has no replay value, doesnt mean its a bad album" , yall my ? but yall buggin lol

? u know how many albums I got that don't get burn anymore cause I just don't feel like listening to them? At least 3/4 of my 350+ collection. Do they all suck? Hell nah

I could see your logic if you're comparing every album put out to Aquemini or The Chronic but that's asinine.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    Did he have some corny punch lines? Sure. Was it great? Nah. Complete waste of time? Not at all. Solid album. Just cause the album doesnt have "replay value" to it doesnt mean its ass and the bonus disc makes up for the pop ? he has on it.

HipHopdx was money with their review
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.2174/title.eminem-marshall-mathers-lp-2

In regards to the "pop ? " comment you made. I think most peoples problem, at least my own is, eminem built a career based on dissing the type of music he is making. Based on artists that he is collaborating with (albeit they changed their names) never in my life would I have thought he woulda collaborated with someone like Rihanna.

His first two albums are amazing btw

What do u mean? "My Name Is", "The Real Slim Shady" and "Without Me" weren't pop songs? Its the same thing, he's just using other pop figures on them recently.

the three tunes you mentioned were all dope songs.......in no way shape or form would i mention them in the same paragraph as "monster"....what i meant though, is he spent his first couple albums dissing the britney spears, nsyncs, etc.....and now he is making music with people such as rihanna and nicki minaj who would be considered to be as pop/mainstream as the aforementioned artists
  • Stew
    Options
    Rihanna=Britney Spears?

Oh
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wots wrong with doin a song with rhiana.her tracks aint bad
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bought this ? onsale like 8 months ago for $3

still havent listened
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Guy, Evil Twin, Rap ? , Baby, Don't Front, Groundhog Day, Brainless are dope songs
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Evil twin alone makes mmlp2 better than recovery
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Rihanna and Nicki are not the same type of artist like Britney Spears.. You have better comparison with Pink but she always been the anti pop star type in her music and persona so it makes sense.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really liked it
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got mad feelings and wack reactions because I gave my opinion on this album in the album thread. Didn't overly bash just my opinion and got reactions smh

I ? with Rap ? , So Much Better (last verse saves it), I like monster for what it was. The last verse of Bad Guy actually gave me chills first time I heard it but I honestly cannot sit through the beginning of that song without cringing.

But I do believe this is his worst album. Recovery, Relapse, and Encore>>>>>

Some of the albums above have lower lows but there highs are better than anything on MMLP 2.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people be analyzing the ? out of Em all the time. Just be happy the man still raps for us. Cause he ain't doing it for the money anymore. Also quit pretending like All his albums still aren't better then 95 percent of the ? out there at all times!
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I got mad feelings and wack reactions because I gave my opinion on this album in the album thread. Didn't overly bash just my opinion and got reactions smh

I ? with Rap ? , So Much Better (last verse saves it), I like monster for what it was. The last verse of Bad Guy actually gave me chills first time I heard it but I honestly cannot sit through the beginning of that song without cringing.

Some of the albums above have lower lows but there highs are better than anything on MMLP 2.

Not a chance dogg lol
  • SuperSoaker
    Options

Not a chance dogg lol

Swear to ? bruh. Em is top 5 doa for me.

Encore better songs were better than MMLP

y'all taking about baby and evil twin? Id rather listen rain man lol so much better is just a puke rehash but puke was actually funnier.

Just lose it was trash but it's better than berzerk.

As for recovery it could go either way I was disappointed in ems last two albums

• nujerz84
    Options
    How do you take one person opinion when they state they like Rainman smfh lay off the drugs bruh.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    How do you take one person opinion when they state they like Rainman smfh lay off the drugs bruh.

Because he's debating with someone whose opnion is they like MMLP2.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Because he's debating with someone whose opnion is they like MMLP2.

Yep my point still stands lay off the ? you taking.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Not a chance dogg lol

Swear to ? bruh. Em is top 5 doa for me.

Encore better songs were better than MMLP

y'all taking about baby and evil twin? Id rather listen rain man lol so much better is just a puke rehash but puke was actually funnier.

Just lose it was trash but it's better than berzerk.

As for recovery it could go either way I was disappointed in ems last two albums

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2509.gif

You were better off making a case for Recovery.

As much as I liked the song Rainman aint no way is it touching Evil Twin. And Puke was garbage. So Much Better is more of a "classic Eminem" sound too it than Puke.

I'm sorry Encore was just Eminem at his absolute worst outside of the first 5 songs.

To each is own I guess lol