Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uhm,

If you think the Police should be doing a better job and serving your community in a more thoughtful and effective manner, I have a suggestion that unlike most of the ? I have read here actually has a chance of success. Ready for it?

Become a ? cop yourself!!! Hey, ? ..that makes too much ? damn sense. We just want to type out angry messages from our phones/laptops on how they should do their job. We don't actually want to BE COPS with that level of danger/responsibility/low pay/stress.

(inb4 being a cop is easy and a cake walk, if your job requires you to carry gun every day you show up ( many people in the military can't claim this), you can comment, otherwise ? )

Police-Officer-Job-Description-.jpg

PS. RIP Mike Brown and his family.

You or the cop will not #BeFoundGuiltyUntilProvenInnocent

? what? I gotta be a cop to call out one that shoots an unarmed civilian? It's not a reach to say that cop isn't doing his job right.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Serious question tho... Why loot a liquor store? How does that help the cause???

If you're gonna loot something loot the gun shop and start taking aim at these pigs... take and make a stand like that... not by grabbing bottles of Ciroc
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Him doing donkey of the day shouldn't even be compared to a discussion about this ? . Donkey of the day is some comedy/attempt at being funny ? . This is a serious issue that affects people in a way that a Donkey of the Day never could and never will. What exactly did Charlamagne say on the air though because judging by what he's saying on his twitter his comments don't seem like they're that out there.
    Donkey of the day is his segment to embarrass whoever he may at the time. That INCLUDES news stories where ppl have been murdered. Nothing is off limits. One day he found humor belittling a woman for shooting & killing her husband. This ? has no boundaries, even when the topic isn't funny. So yea, he is a damn ? . He make a living off embarrassing ? , but also wanna lecture ? when another cop murders a young black kid.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uhm,

If you think the Police should be doing a better job and serving your community in a more thoughtful and effective manner, I have a suggestion that unlike most of the ? I have read here actually has a chance of success. Ready for it?

Become a ? cop yourself!!! Hey, ? ..that makes too much ? damn sense. We just want to type out angry messages from our phones/laptops on how they should do their job. We don't actually want to BE COPS with that level of danger/responsibility/low pay/stress.

(inb4 being a cop is easy and a cake walk, if your job requires you to carry gun every day you show up ( many people in the military can't claim this), you can comment, otherwise ? )

Police-Officer-Job-Description-.jpg

PS. RIP Mike Brown and his family.

You or the cop will not #BeFoundGuiltyUntilProvenInnocent

So because the job of a police officer is stressful and I would rather dedicate myself to another profession, I have no right to criticize or openly vent about police practices that unfairly target people who share the same racial background as I do. Practices which have lead to the deaths of hundreds of innocents

As if me becoming an officer is going to reverse years and years of conditioning, bad policy

And really the problem isn't just police culture it's america, period. From the cradle to the grave numbers show black americans are discriminated against by the law; blk school children face more harsh school discipline; employers disproportionately test blks for drugs; doctors spend less time with blk patients; blk neighborhoods have disproportionately have become a dumping ground for pollution... I could go on and on

But yea let's not talk about these issues and why they continue to persist, right? And ? forbid we ask the people who could effect real change, to do anything...smh

Our time is better served discussing blue ivys hair, right?

Not as if words don't, haven't sparked movements

Troll better bruh

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great response thus far. THIS is how a community should respond when some ? goes down.

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford , If you feel like you can't stand up and represent your community in America because 'I can take a uniform off but I can't take my skin off' , who should do the job? Who do you trust?

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The St. Louis County Police Department refused to discuss Johnson's remarks, citing the ongoing investigation. But county Police Chief Jon Belmar previously said that an officer encountered Brown and another man outside an apartment complex, and that one of the men pushed the officer into his squad car and they struggled over the officer's weapon.

So it begins

Y'all scary negros don't know the spirit of yourselves, ancestors or your people, those spirits showing y'all coward negros how to fight oppression like they did.

Y'all ? copping pleas, than they not going against those who warrant it

Shut up passive ass ? , y'all ain't built for it. That's why your kind was separated from us, and put you in the big house.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It only gets fixed from within"
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    #BeTheChangeYouWantToSeeInOthers

Or be the angry guy on the internet.

If you think the police should do this or that, become one.

You can either fight the police ( I'd bet on the house for that one ) or become one. The choice is yours.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40853/how-dcs-majority-black-police-force-helps-the-city/

The Thin Black Line
    How D.C.'s majority black police force helps the city

In 2001, black officers accounted for 66 percent of the department. The year after that, 65 percent. For 2003 and 2004, 64 percent. The steady drift continued throughout the decade, with a 1 percent drop about every one or two years. Last year, black officers made up 58 percent of the force, with whites making up 28 percent, Latinos 7 percent, Asians 2 percent, and those occupying the category “race not designated” 5 percent.

Like most demographic shifts, there are complicated explanations for the change. In 2001, when the percentage of black officers shifted from 66 percent to 65 percent, the city actually gained two black cops, ending up with 2,366. But that year also saw the addition of 30 Latino officers and 4 Asian officers. (It also, incidentally, saw the number of white officers, MPD’s second largest group, drop by seven.) Black cops aren’t necessarily leaving MPD; they’re just not being hired as rapidly anymore.

Why does that matter? Because, it turns out, having a police force that looks like the citizens they patrol means better relations with the community. Bucking expectations of a District once set ablaze by racial tension, black Washingtonians actually like their cops more than black residents of some other cities.

In a 2008 paper published in the Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, “Police-Community Relations in a Majority-Black City,” sociologists Ronald Weitzer, Steven Tuch, and Wesley Skogan compared attitudes toward police in D.C. and Chicago. Here, 29 percent of black residents thought MPD had a problem with misconduct. In Chicago, 50 percent of black residents thought the police were corrupt. One reason for the difference, the study’s authors believed, was that Chicago’s police department was majority white. “The racial composition of the two cities’ police departments may account, at least in part, for differences in police-community relations,” the study reads. “Our Washington findings lend support to this hypothesis, but research on a few other majority-Black cities with majority-black police department suggests that the racial composition thesis requires further testing.”

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ anyone believing that ? about the police chief.

They got on video police calling them animals... so it aint that hard to believe...

Maybe I'm just not as gullible as some of yall when it comes to these "instagram reports". Why isn't this being spread out then, any other people corroborating that instagram comment? It'd definitely be circulating if it was true even if it wasn't reaching the air on mainstream news.

Look at who posted that post and make your decision on whether or not to believe that ? then.
  • Westie
    Options
    #BeTheChangeYouWantToSeeInOthers

Or be the angry guy on the internet.

If you think the police should do this or that, become one.

You can either fight the police ( I'd bet on the house for that one ) or become one. The choice is yours.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40853/how-dcs-majority-black-police-force-helps-the-city/

The Thin Black Line
    How D.C.'s majority black police force helps the city

In 2001, black officers accounted for 66 percent of the department. The year after that, 65 percent. For 2003 and 2004, 64 percent. The steady drift continued throughout the decade, with a 1 percent drop about every one or two years. Last year, black officers made up 58 percent of the force, with whites making up 28 percent, Latinos 7 percent, Asians 2 percent, and those occupying the category “race not designated” 5 percent.

Like most demographic shifts, there are complicated explanations for the change. In 2001, when the percentage of black officers shifted from 66 percent to 65 percent, the city actually gained two black cops, ending up with 2,366. But that year also saw the addition of 30 Latino officers and 4 Asian officers. (It also, incidentally, saw the number of white officers, MPD’s second largest group, drop by seven.) Black cops aren’t necessarily leaving MPD; they’re just not being hired as rapidly anymore.

Why does that matter? Because, it turns out, having a police force that looks like the citizens they patrol means better relations with the community. Bucking expectations of a District once set ablaze by racial tension, black Washingtonians actually like their cops more than black residents of some other cities.

In a 2008 paper published in the Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, “Police-Community Relations in a Majority-Black City,” sociologists Ronald Weitzer, Steven Tuch, and Wesley Skogan compared attitudes toward police in D.C. and Chicago. Here, 29 percent of black residents thought MPD had a problem with misconduct. In Chicago, 50 percent of black residents thought the police were corrupt. One reason for the difference, the study’s authors believed, was that Chicago’s police department was majority white. “The racial composition of the two cities’ police departments may account, at least in part, for differences in police-community relations,” the study reads. “Our Washington findings lend support to this hypothesis, but research on a few other majority-Black cities with majority-black police department suggests that the racial composition thesis requires further testing.”

So if I want better customer service I should work at a call center? Or if I think malpractice rates are too high I should go to medical school? Basically I can't have a voice on what should be basic human rights (the right to LIVE) unless I'm a cop? Yeah ok.
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    @‌Westie

pretty much..hate to break it to you but these are facts. Nobody has your best interests in mind as well as you or others who share your beliefs and outlooks.

If excellent customer call service is your thing, become a call person.

If you want to see police work performed in a way you think it should be done, become the change you want to see in others. Maybe that is becoming a cop or helping to elect a sheriff or get involved with a political action group.

The study I cited above shows that nothing makes a bigger difference on community opinion than seeing people who look like you on the job and out in the streets doing the tough work.

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye and ? everybody in this thread worrying about a ? business being looted.

People want to move in and abuse our dollar but want to run and hide when some ? happens in our community? ? that break that building to the last ? BRICK.

The message is loud and clear, dont come ? with us to take our money if you not going to ? with us when its time to protest!!

Its time for us to understand WE ALL WE GOT and THEY DONT LIKE OUR BLACK ASS!!
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Evilchuck wrote: »
    dRMNJHy.jpg
    Surely someone has video of this

@1of1 cnn has a clip of it and of the police chief calling them savage animals
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, ? us and call us savages....White people never fail to amaze me.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dRMNJHy.jpg

Where's that ? said he didn't believe.

That ? got a sickness, he would believe anybody else but think his own kind lying to him.

The thread shows the sickness of the mind of the ? .

And the psychology warfare on the minds and how they succeed is evident in this thread
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dRMNJHy.jpg

¤¤¿Will it be played anytime soon, or is an old white man taking his own life a more important story right now?¤¤
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you think the people who are rioting are doing so with the purpose of holding police accountable and working towards the moment where stories like this no longer happen?

Or is it just mob mentality where the only motivation is to act a fool and acquire free merchandise ?
  • Westie
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Do you think the people who are rioting are doing so with the purpose of holding police accountable and working towards the moment where stories like this no longer happen?

Or is it just mob mentality where the only motivation is to act a fool and acquire free merchandise ?

Go try to inflame responses in another thread.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

a kid was murdered. thats the issue.