What Will You Remember The Most About Tupac?

Options

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk pac was never a gangsta. He really tried be one tho by doing fake ? . I view him like an artist that really worked hard to make good quality music.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm mean does this ? really look like cold blooded killing thug

KBBHWdi.jpg
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    wasted potential
    he had a basic flow and basic lyrics but for some reason he was like dog whisperer for ignorant ? everywhere.
    he could say the most obvious ? to a hood ? and they'd act like it was a revalation.
    the fact that he could have potentially reached out and helped some of these slow minded ? but chose instead to be their captain playing the role of fake ass gangsta until he got killed from it is pretty sad

Pac's flow was ill, as was his lyrics. You're bugging if you think his style was anywhere close to basic.

All that other ? you said is corny. You speaking like you knew him personally and ? .
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep seeing guys talbout he was not a real gangsta. Are yall gonna front and act like Suge and them cats wasnt gettin at fool? The fact is he was around lots of men that didnt even rap that was bout that gang life. I can tell the posters thats saying that is not from.the west. Majority of us cali ? is affiliated in some way shape or form even if they not on the front lines. Its too many active gang territories out here not to be, not to have homies or uncles or cousins or these days even.girlfriends that dont bang. If Suge and them put that ? on the set then what can yall say about it?

And lets say for yall argument say that he was fraudulent( which ? out here dont let you get away with too long anyway) I know yall just trolling to hate because when I see the Lil Wayne and Mobb Deep.threads I dont be seeing you same cats in those threads saying they some fake gangstaz when in reality....they got more street L`s documented than.Pac does!!.So go head and keep the "He was a fake Ballerina Humpty dancer ? " circle ? goin. Just know that the trolling yall doin need some upgrading tho.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Anyway back on topic

Ima also remember Pac for the triple crown run of

Me against the world
    All Eye on me
    Seven day theory

And knowing that maybe only five to seven rappers or rap groups can say they released 3 heaters in a row.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe y'all definition of a 'gangsta' is different than mine, but if shooting cops who are ? and violently harassing people, standing up for what you believe in and continuing to be yourself even in the face of scrutiny from citizens who think you are pretending to be a thug and from thugs who think you are pretending to be a citizen ain't 'gangsta'...then I don't know what is.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yo man. I like Pac's music as much as anyone else....but let's be real. How can you call him a leader? What the ? did he lead you to? Bottom line is that ? was a good ENTERTAINER...but that's where it stops. Rapper/actor and he possibly could have dove into other areas of work but the man clearly went off the wall by surrounding himself with the wrong people (hatian jack, jimmy henchman, suge) and creating this fake persona and be in character so much that he actually turned fans (and himself) into believers.

We don't know what he would have done had he still been alive. We like to think he was going to change America and help blacks in all the ? up neighborhoods but dude could've easily gone down the DMX path and become a junkie or blow all his money away and never to be heard from again. We'll just never know.

Again, I don't hate 2Pac or his music. Just don't understand the excessive acclaim he receives. Huge loss for hip-hop but he'll live forever through his music. I still trip out he was only 25.

Let the nosigns, wack, and feelings commence!
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    OhPee wrote: »
    Yo man. I like Pac's music as much as anyone else....but let's be real. How can you call him a leader? What the ? did he lead you to? Bottom line is that ? was a good ENTERTAINER...but that's where it stops. Rapper/actor and he possibly could have dove into other areas of work but the man clearly went off the wall by surrounding himself with the wrong people (hatian jack, jimmy henchman, suge) and creating this fake persona and be in character so much that he actually turned fans (and himself) into believers.

We don't know what he would have done had he still been alive. We like to think he was going to change America and help blacks in all the ? up neighborhoods but dude could've easily gone down the DMX path and become a junkie or blow all his money away and never to be heard from again. We'll just never know.

Again, I don't hate 2Pac or his music. Just don't understand the excessive acclaim he receives. Huge loss for hip-hop but he'll live forever through his music. I still trip out he was only 25.

There are lots of things I don't understand, my G. But when I approach those subjects, I recognize I can't on one hand say that I don't understand it...and on the other try to make any sort of substantive judgement on it. Instead of trying to denounce things you don't understand, why not dedicate that energy to trying to understand?

I think to a lot of people, Pac's words were law. Like he said, he said certain ? and people did it. Good things AND bad things. Pac taught a lot of people that it was OK to be outspoken and brash and unapologetic...and still maintain your humanity and your emotionality and compassion. I could go on. Pac was a leader at one point in trying to stop some of the violence that was going on in the Bay Area and Los Angeles. He was also one of the most visible, vocal proponent of the Pan-Africanist movement here in America at one point. I know PLENTY of people who learned a lot of ? because of Pac. ? that they would have never been interested in or gravitated to if it was presented to them in a classroom.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't even lie, Piccolo in that different world episode...

• OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

There are lots of things I don't understand, my G. But when I approach those subjects, I recognize I can't one one hand say that I don't understand it...and on the other try to make any sort of substantive judgement on it. Instead of trying to denounce things you don't understand, why not dedicate that energy to trying to understand?

I think to a lot of people, Pac's words were law. Like he said, he said certain ? and people did it. Good things AND bad things. Pac taught a lot of people that it was OK to be outspoken and brash and unapologetic...and still maintain your humanity and your emotionality and compassion. I could go on. Pac was a leader at one point in trying to stop some of the violence that was going on in the Bay Area and Los Angeles. He was also one of the most visible, vocal proponent of the Pan-Africanist movement here in America at one point. I know PLENTY of people who learned a lot of ? because of Pac. ? that they would have never been interested in or gravitated to if it was presented to them in a classroom.

That's a valid point. Guess at the end of the day what we're all saying are opinions and although I enjoy his music and was obsessed with him at one point when I was 16....his music and actions may hit closer to home for other folks.

Respect my G.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I keep seeing guys talbout he was not a real gangsta. Are yall gonna front and act like Suge and them cats wasnt gettin at fool? The fact is he was around lots of men that didnt even rap that was bout that gang life. I can tell the posters thats saying that is not from.the west. Majority of us cali ? is affiliated in some way shape or form even if they not on the front lines. Its too many active gang territories out here not to be, not to have homies or uncles or cousins or these days even.girlfriends that dont bang. If Suge and them put that ? on the set then what can yall say about it?

And lets say for yall argument say that he was fraudulent( which ? out here dont let you get away with too long anyway) I know yall just trolling to hate because when I see the Lil Wayne and Mobb Deep.threads I dont be seeing you same cats in those threads saying they some fake gangstaz when in reality....they got more street L`s documented than.Pac does!!.So go head and keep the "He was a fake Ballerina Humpty dancer ? " circle ? goin. Just know that the trolling yall doin need some upgrading tho.

The difference is, no one has an issue speaking ill of Lil Wayne or Mobb Deep. Their L's are well documented and no one denies them. People act like nobody supposed to speak ill of Pac or like he is such a ? that we aren't supposed to bring up the ? he did. Pac gets a pass for ? that other rappers get ? on for. We can't bring up new wack ? he did to increase our "trolling" because, dude been got merked, which is the biggest L because of the reason he was killed. I really am trolling cuz i ? with Pac heavy (at least his music), but at the same time, people bringing up other rappers and dismissing them on the regular for personal reasons, some having everything to do with Pac.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cosign. PAC was passionate about his beliefs but he went about it all the wrong way. He would have never gotten anything accomplished politically because of the forces against him (the white man) and he didn't know anything about how politics or economics really works. I heard he died penniless. He was getting ? by Suge couldn't get out of his contract.

He made some great, thought provoking music, but he didn't make any real changes in society except now everybody wants to be a thug.

I agree, he probably would have gone the DMX route.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

The difference is, no one has an issue speaking ill of Lil Wayne or Mobb Deep. Their L's are well documented and no one denies them. People act like nobody supposed to speak ill of Pac or like he is such a ? that we aren't supposed to bring up the ? he did. Pac gets a pass for ? that other rappers get ? on for. We can't bring up new wack ? he did to increase our "trolling" because, dude been got merked, which is the biggest L because of the reason he was killed. I really am trolling cuz i ? with Pac heavy (at least his music), but at the same time, people bringing up other rappers and dismissing them on the regular for personal reasons, some having everything to do with Pac.

What you say Pac gets a pass for, I could say this site does the same ? in terms of acting like ? when refering to Jay Z.

See yall dudes got Bilfigernized and wanna make it seem like Pac got the worse dickrider fans in the world but you wanna talk about fans worshipping a ? ? Jay actually calls himself ? AND BITES but doesn't get a third of the flack yall give Pac. When was the last time somebody could say Pac bite a ? lyrics? See you cant tell me yall dont be fulla ? because yall pick and choose stupid ? about Pac to knock on like he was a loud mouth this.....He really from New York that, really muhfuckas?! But biting and callin yourself ? get you more real ? respect tho huh?

I dont care if ? aint Pac fans or dont perfer his poetry style delivery, but all this reaching when it comes to pac while meanwhile I dont see the same posters take these other ? to task for even more fraudulent even more ? ? type hip hop sins just make all the up in arms Pac haters look like they got some serious life issues. A ? been dead for like 18 years or 17 and some change and still urk yall?

Smh
    That ? cant be life. THE ? IS ? DEAD THO!! lol
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac does have a horrible fanbase tho, have you seen a Tupac forum lately? These ? are ridiculous
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited August 2014
    Options

What you say Pac gets a pass for, I could say this site does the same ? in terms of acting like ? when refering to Jay Z.

See yall dudes got Bilfigernized and wanna make it seem like Pac got the worse dickrider fans in the world but you wanna talk about fans worshipping a ? ? Jay actually calls himself ? AND BITES but doesn't get a third of the flack yall give Pac. When was the last time somebody could say Pac bite a ? lyrics? See you cant tell me yall dont be fulla ? because yall pick and choose stupid ? about Pac to knock on like he was a loud mouth this.....He really from New York that, really muhfuckas?! But biting and callin yourself ? get you more real ? respect tho huh?

I dont care if ? aint Pac fans or dont perfer his poetry style delivery, but all this reaching when it comes to pac while meanwhile I dont see the same posters take these other ? to task for even more fraudulent even more ? ? type hip hop sins just make all the up in arms Pac haters look like they got some serious life issues. A ? been dead for like 18 years or 17 and some change and still urk yall?

Smh

I'm sorry bruh but i don't see what other posters bring up all the time. I just know what i know about Pac and i've always noticed that his stans act like he was never wrong in a situation cuz he was just "speaking from the heart". How about the fact that people getting on 50 for attacking rappers just for association or just mentioning some ? but give Pac a pass. I don't even check for Jay like that. Pac just needs a honest look cuz calling yourself a ? and stans making you into a ? is two different things. My trolling actually stems from another thread when people were attacking biggies supposedly ? son and other rappers was being exposed. The backlash of exposing Pac even in a joking manner showed me something. ? 's really delusional over this dude cuz he talk like a preacher, yet he made some woat decisions. Has any dead rapper gotten a what will you remember thread? Imagine what that biggie thread would look like.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ok, imma turn it up a notch. Tupac will be remembered for that time his butter fingers and surprising lack of grace caused a 6 year old to lose his life. But he shot drunkard cops that could barely aim straight, so i guess that's a win.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Marin-slaying-case-against-rapper-opens-3122665.php
    The parents of Qa'id Walker-Teal, gunned down during a crowded celebration of Marin City's 50th anniversary, are seeking unspecified damages from Shakur and his half-brother, Maurice Harding. Young Qa'id died from a bullet fired during a melee between members of Shakur's entourage and a group of Marin City residents.

Although the fatal slug was matched by police to a .38-caliber pistol registered to Shakur, and Harding was initially arrested on suspicion of firing the weapon, no charges were filed. Marin County prosecutors have said they were stymied by a lack of witnesses.

Qa'id Walker-Teal
    owdpZ3t.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/PAGE-ONE-Settlement-in-Rapper-s-Trial-For-3019996.php
    Under a confidential settlement reached yesterday, a record company for rap star Tupac Shakur has agreed to pay between $300,000 and $500,000 to the parents of a 6-year-old boy who was killed by a stray bullet during a scuffle at an outdoor festival in Marin City in 1992, The Chronicle has learned.

Attorneys for Shakur and the parents of Qa'id Walker-Teal reached the settlement in a lawsuit brought by the dead child's family after several hours of closed-door negotiations and before any witnesses to the shooting took the stand. The agreement came one day after opening statements in the trial of the wrongful death suit.
  • DR. JEK
    Options

Smh

I'm sorry bruh but i don't see what other posters bring up all the time. I just know what i know about Pac and i've always noticed that his stans act like he was never wrong in a situation cuz he was just "speaking from the heart". How about the fact that people getting on 50 for attacking rappers just for association or just mentioning some ? but give Pac a pass. I don't even check for Jay like that. Pac just needs a honest look cuz calling yourself a ? and stans making you into a ? is two different things. My trolling actually stems from another thread when people were attacking biggies supposedly ? son and other rappers was being exposed. The backlash of exposing Pac even in a joking manner showed me something. ? 's really delusional over this dude cuz he talk like a preacher, yet he made some woat decisions. Has any dead rapper gotten a what will you remember thread? Imagine what that biggie thread would look like.

• DR. JEK
    Options

Smh

I already know what the Biggie thread looks like, they have made it like one hundred times like the Jay and Pac threads. They gonna be like "Best story teller" "Held down the east coast blah blah blah and its gonna be 99% positive but aint nobody but this 1percenter you viewing now gonna bring up how he let a ? rap about ? his wife and shooting his kids and didnt respond like the best mc on the planet should ve until after Pac died ol scared ass. You not ? wit Jay doesnt really change the fact he can get away with actual biting, lets see

Making bad decision vs biting

I think making bad choices which we all do at times is a lil more forgivable. I dont give a damn about Pac getting caught up in some life`s a ? situations because that has less to do with the actual music than biting does.

You watch at the end of the week when the What will you remember about Big? Thread gets.made or the Jay z one next week how many transgressions by those men get swept under the rug

• Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly!

And this is why I think Tupac is Overrated.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the hate on Pac, how many of y'all tough guys have ever shot at anyone ever? Fugazis speak freely
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How people never let that man rest in peace and stop speaking his name.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, imma turn it up a notch. Tupac will be remembered for that time his butter fingers and surprising lack of grace caused a 6 year old to lose his life. But he shot drunkard cops that could barely aim straight, so i guess that's a win.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Marin-slaying-case-against-rapper-opens-3122665.php
    The parents of Qa'id Walker-Teal, gunned down during a crowded celebration of Marin City's 50th anniversary, are seeking unspecified damages from Shakur and his half-brother, Maurice Harding. Young Qa'id died from a bullet fired during a melee between members of Shakur's entourage and a group of Marin City residents.

Although the fatal slug was matched by police to a .38-caliber pistol registered to Shakur, and Harding was initially arrested on suspicion of firing the weapon, no charges were filed. Marin County prosecutors have said they were stymied by a lack of witnesses.

Qa'id Walker-Teal
    owdpZ3t.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/PAGE-ONE-Settlement-in-Rapper-s-Trial-For-3019996.php
    Under a confidential settlement reached yesterday, a record company for rap star Tupac Shakur has agreed to pay between $300,000 and $500,000 to the parents of a 6-year-old boy who was killed by a stray bullet during a scuffle at an outdoor festival in Marin City in 1992, The Chronicle has learned.

Attorneys for Shakur and the parents of Qa'id Walker-Teal reached the settlement in a lawsuit brought by the dead child's family after several hours of closed-door negotiations and before any witnesses to the shooting took the stand. The agreement came one day after opening statements in the trial of the wrongful death suit.

fool did you really post a pic of Game as a kid and his son?

Pac didnt shoot em lol
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Options
    In inclined to believe that Pac wouldn't be as appreciated if he lived.

I also noticed that while Pac was alive, his whole thing seemed to be two steps forward, one step back. Some of it was due to his bad decisions as he once admitted and some of it was due to being in some bs that could happen to anyone. I just fail to see how he would've lived long or maintained any type of long term success at the rate he was going. I could see him doing something like coming off a major success but taking two steps back because he fought some dude in a club that had beef with one of his friends, ends up violating probation and back to jail again. But to his credit, he was still a kid, a wise dude who didn't have the full maturity to act on his wisdom. I think his talent may have taken him to places that his character wasn't ready for.

I was watching a Marion Barry documentary and I couldn't help but notice the similarities in the career trajectories between him and Pac. Marion Barry started off the same way, he was really down for his people, charismatic, the people's champ, an activist, had a lot of heart and he seemed real. Was in life threatening situations like Pac too, and that magnified his following. He was full of promise in the beginning. He rose to power because the community loved him cause he was down for them. His newfound power corrupted him (similar to Pac after the money, fame, and respect started coming in). He kept messing up but he aways found ways to justify it and the community would continue to ride for him because of his charisma, they felt he would eventually get on the right track again, and they identified with him. We know how the story ends with Marion Barry, he never got right. I wouldn't be surprised if Pac would've been that type of figure.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options