What's Wrong With White & Black People? (How Long Is It Gonna Take To Compromise?)

Options

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Naïve thread.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How does one present themselves as a 'thug'? Serious question.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People dont give up power easily it has to be taken by force. Force doesn't have to mean violence -- although no sane people who are students of history would ever take it off the table -- it can be the overwhelming force of community, political, or financial force.

But whites & blacks will never get along. Nor do we need to. Black Wall Street and black neighborhoods did just fine without crackers spreading their virus in the communities. Unfortunately blacks have low self-esteem and a lot of house ? who grew up around whites actually think they're their friends. Look at @stew and @s2j those ? will get emotional as ? over the very thought of any harm coming to a ? . go look at the last few pages of the 17 Year Old Shot By A Cop thread. But will say some ? like, "? DIE EVERYDAY B" "Oh well, ? happens he shouldnt have been....*place excuse here* " when it's their own people.

? getting along. We need to focus on WINNING & surviving. Crackers are going to hate you/us no matter what. Trying to "get along" with a predator who already has it in their instinct to ? anything good and decent is stupid.

Blacks trying to "get along" with whites is like those crackers that live with lions and bears in the wild and people are surprised when they turn up dead & dismembered.
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    oh and BTW...

This obsession with MLK must stop. Like he's the only Freedom Fighter blacks are allowed to reference in a discussion. People say, "MLK SAID....!!!" like that muthafukka literally spoke from the "mountain top."

Malcolm X, Huey P, Angela Davis, Marcus Garvey, Frederick Douglas had things to say too. And if we would look up their WHOLE works and not just cherry pick quotes we could learn a lot more from MLK & them also.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    What Pralims explained to you is all true.

Blacks are equivalent to what Spiders are.

you see a spider crawling along the park bench you sitting at minding its insect business,but you feel the urge to squash it cause of the danger you perceive it proposes. Dont really know what kind of spider it is but ? it just in case.

Thats how Most White people see blacks ESPECIALLY. Law enforcement

Uh no...

I'm in the South (Florida to be exact) of all places and I've never had any problems with white people or the police. The Police generally don't bother you or look your direction if you don't fit the profile of someone who's nefarious. If you're walking around with your pants hanging off your ass, dreads, gold teeth, tattoos, etc., or blasting that ? rap music in a candy-painted hoopty, yeah, expect crackas to give you problems.

WTF

so because someone like to look a certain way we should now except to be fukk with?

why?

Porque?

because someone else theat looked like them did a crime we gonna just make everyone else that looks like them guilty as well, huh?
    @1800skypager‌
    why does it only work for black people?

It's common sense my man...

The police's job is to fight crime and look for criminals, no? If that's the case, wouldn't they profile people who appear to be criminals? You may not be guilty of anything and have a spotless record, but you get what you put out. All I'm saying is that if you present yourself as a 'thug' to the public don't be surprised if the police give you problems. 2 + 2 = 4 right?

you make no sense...
    what does a criminal look like?
  • LPast
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Dressing like Gucci Mane...
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    People dont give up power easily it has to be taken by force. Force doesn't have to mean violence -- although no sane people who are students of history would ever take it off the table -- it can be the overwhelming force of community, political, or financial force.

But whites & blacks will never get along. Nor do we need to. Black Wall Street and black neighborhoods did just fine without crackers spreading their virus in the communities. Unfortunately blacks have low self-esteem and a lot of house ? who grew up around whites actually think they're their friends. Look at @stew and @s2j those ? will get emotional as ? over the very thought of any harm coming to a ? . go look at the last few pages of the 17 Year Old Shot By A Cop thread. But will say some ? like, "? DIE EVERYDAY B" "Oh well, ? happens he shouldnt have been....*place excuse here* " when it's their own people.

? getting along. We need to focus on WINNING & surviving. Crackers are going to hate you/us no matter what. Trying to "get along" with a predator who already has it in their instinct to ? anything good and decent is stupid.

Blacks trying to "get along" with whites is like those crackers that live with lions and bears in the wild and people are surprised when they turn up dead & dismembered.

c/s

Not every black person is good and decent, and not every white person is evil either...
  • LPast
    Options
    A lot of brothers would be better off taking Stephan A Smith's advice on being black in America...
  • 1800skypager
    Options
    oh and BTW...

This obsession with MLK must stop. Like he's the only Freedom Fighter blacks are allowed to reference in a discussion. People say, "MLK SAID....!!!" like that muthafukka literally spoke from the "mountain top."

Malcolm X, Huey P, Angela Davis, Marcus Garvey, Frederick Douglas had things to say too. And if we would look up their WHOLE works and not just cherry pick quotes we could learn a lot more from MLK & them also.

The Black Panthers did nothing for blacks also, as well as Malcolm X... All the Panthers did was start a school breakfast program and make idle threats, they were a joke... Most of those ? sold out. Malcolm X did nothing but give speeches, and he flipped too after he tried to slander Elijah Muhammad like a ? ...

The only real movement that made progress for blacks and scared crackas was the old NOI under Elijah Muhammad.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

So how do you legislate that? Does the police chief walk in the squad room and put a pic of Gucci up and say 'If anybody dresses like Gucci, roll up on them and question them!'.

And if so, and it's that simple, why aren't white boys who dress like Gucci - since there are tons of them out there - being harassed by the police in the same % as the black kids?

And did Gucci create this style of dress? Or does Gucci just dress like every other young person - law-abiding or otherwise - who comes from where he comes from? That becomes FAR more problematic.

And so on...and on...and on...

This business of 'respectability politics' WILL NOT SAVE US!!! Where was this theory when O'Reilly called Marc Lamont Hill a ? dealer on national television - when he was wearing his Sunday best?
  • 1800skypager
    Options
    Sigh..........

If you exude a lawless ? the police mentality they prolly gonna ? with you. Police profile people who look like they're up to no good; black, white, green, purple whatever... If you fit the profile don't be surprised if they bother you. That's it I'm done.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Sigh..........

If you exude a lawless ? the police mentality they prolly gonna ? with you. Police profile people who look like they're up to no good; black, white, green, purple whatever... If you fit the profile don't be surprised if they bother you. That's it I'm done.

Thank you. I appreciate it.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    oh and BTW...

The Black Panthers did nothing for blacks also, as well as Malcolm X... All the Panthers did was start a school breakfast program and make idle threats, they were a joke... Most of those ? sold out. Malcolm X did nothing but give speeches, and he flipped too after he tried to slander Elijah Muhammad like a ? ...

The only real movement that made progress for blacks and scared crackas was the old NOI under Elijah Muhammad.

This ? guy..
  • LPast
    Options

So how do you legislate that? Does the police chief walk in the squad room and put a pic of Gucci up and say 'If anybody dresses like Gucci, roll up on them and question them!'.

And if so, and it's that simple, why aren't white boys who dress like Gucci - since there are tons of them out there - being harassed by the police in the same % as the black kids?

And did Gucci create this style of dress? Or does Gucci just dress like every other young person - law-abiding or otherwise - who comes from where he comes from? That becomes FAR more problematic.

This business of 'respectability politics' WILL NOT SAVE US!!! Where was this theory when O'Reilly called Marc Lamont Hill a ? dealer on national television - when he was wearing his Sunday best?

Don't be naive, yes the police chief probably does have a picture of Gucci. They are racist so they are not too concerned with the white people dressed like Gucci.

So now we have established the facts... Do you think you should dress like Gucci... ?Keep in mind, they don't even like you in a suit.
  • mryounggun
    Options

Don't be naive, yes the police chief probably does have a picture of Gucci. They are racist so they are not too concerned with the white people dressed like Gucci.

So now we have established the facts... Do you think you should dress like Gucci... ?Keep in mind, they don't even like you in a suit.

I don't even really know what you're getting at or what you're point is, but I'll play along and maybe we'll get on the same page.

I think I should dress however I want to dress. if I want to dress exactly like Gucci, I should be free to do that without any sort of fear that my attire will get me harassed by the police.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    thread starter is a delusional little boy who needs to wake up to reality before he goes off to college to be further miseducated

This is my sophomore year in college fam. Also, i'm a man I ain't a little boy.

you're only like 20 you are still a boy. sorry to tell you that. if this is your second year in college I feel sorry for the future of black America
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    oh and BTW...

bye ? ............daqsj.gif?w=640
  • DarcSkies
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ? is mad around here LOL
    oh and BTW...

YOur comment about the Black Panthers is valid but I actually think they were very effective in keeping the community strong and showing people they CAN do for self on a local level.

As for your Malcolm comment, saying Malcolm X ONLY gave speeches is like saying the AC Green was ONLY driving a Bronco. Its about what is IN those speeches and it's affect on the collective mentality of all of us years later just as it was about what was IN the Bronco that made the act so important.

Yes, I just managed to connect the OJ Simpson chase to the importance of Malcolm X. Please. Hold your applause. LOL
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    and this is why i didnt even bother.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still stuck on this guy saying dreads are what criminals wear....WHUT
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    @‌stew

Why bother flagging when the ? 's been quoted? And why flag it multiple times (which I assume mods have the ability to do).

Do the feelings you caught subside one mouse click at a time? I mean...you're still a ? though

giphy.gif
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    white people are toooooo gotdamn scared of a level playing field.

think of how far we came under the conditions we live under.
    now think of how far we could have gone if things were even.

white people know if they give us power they might be forced into the position they placed us in.

i really need to just drop a bottle of arsenic and cyanide cocktail into a big vat of mayonnaise.

that should ? like half the white population right there.

tumblr_m34fcwh7sY1qiy0obo1_500.gif

stop it guys i have a blacc friend!
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @‌stew

Why bother flagging when the ? 's been quoted? And why flag it multiple times (which I assume mods have the ability to do).

Do the feelings you caught subside one mouse click at a time? I mean...you're still a ? though

giphy.gif

I agree we should discuss topics like this in an adult matter. Disagreeing is one thing, but insulting and flagging is unnecessary.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The black panthers would have done more but they were destroyed by outside forces or did you people forget that