Fair/Foul: French Village Called ‘Death to Jews’ Refuses to Change Name...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
mediaite.com/online/french-village-called-death-to-jews-refuses-to-change-name/
French Village Called ‘Death to Jews’ Refuses to Change Name

A little medieval-era anti-Semitism never hurt anyone, says the deputy mayor of a French town called “Death to Jews” who doesn’t get why people want them to change their name.

“It’s ridiculous. This name has always existed,” Marie-Elizabeth Secretand, deputy mayor of a town that has jurisdiction over La-mort-aux-Juifs, told the AFP, adding that “no one has anything against the Jews, of course. It doesn’t surprise me that this is coming up again.”

Secretand’s response conveniently ignores the many, many centuries of France having “things against Jews” — even in the 21st century, and, in fact, this month in the wake of the Gaza conflict. And it’s not like other European towns with anti-Semitic names want to hold onto their proud, anti-Semitic heritage: a Spanish town once called Castrillo Matajudíos (“Jew-Killing Camp”) ” wised up and changed their name to the benign Castrillo Mota de Judios (“Jew Hill”).

The problem of La-mort-aux-Juifs arose recently when the Simon Wiesenthal Centre discovered that somehow, 70 years after World War II, the town continued to be called “Death to Jews.” “It is extremely shocking that this name has slipped under the radar in the 70 years that have passed since France was liberated from ? and the (pro-? ) Vichy regime,” director of international affairs Shimon Samuels wrote to France’s interior minister.

In related news, the number of Jews emigrating from France to Israel is set to skyrocket.

Comments

• Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "FAIR OR FOUL"?

Bruh, what do you think?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as much as jews are hated they continue to hate other ethnic groups the same

almost like how blacks are hated for their skin tone and continue to discriminate against one another based on slight differences in skin tone
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    What are your thought T/S? Like how do you feel about the situation? I think this is foul on both sides. Racism as a whole is immature and wrong.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that they think changing the name is ridiculous, is hilarious.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are your thought T/S? Like how do you feel about the situation? I think this is foul on both sides. Racism as a whole is immature and wrong.

It's foul.. That town should've recognized the fact that name was wrong after they got rid of the nazis...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have a ? to give about a jew at the moment.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It run deep over there. France couldn't hand Jews over to the Nazis fast enough after ? gave them dat work.

I never knew they literally had towns named "DEATH TO JEWS" tho lol jesus. Imagine the small town of "Hang ? , Mississippi"....
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reminds me of the clothing store called ?

h_50502369.jpg
    [img]http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/? -clothing-store-04.jpg[/img]
  • Blacjason
    Blacjason Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options
    The fact that they think changing the name is ridiculous, is hilarious.

lol right, its like a quintessential French attitude... Like ? ya'll that's my the name of my city... muthafucka
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    french people are notoriously racist/antisemitic. of course it's foul. french people have been gassed up about the idea of french "culture" for so long they actually think it means something beyond the fact that their collective mindstate is stuck in medieval times.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah....well...you know what they say in Holland:

France is a beautiful country, its a shame French people live in it.

lol
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be fair though, reading how non-jews get portayed and labelled(as ? dogs) in the talmud, one might need to consider to ban that book al together.

many talmud bumping jews in france got their own communities, towns within towns, blocks and residential jews only areas....not because the french government is discriminating, but because they choose and prefer to live like that.

its not like loads of jews in france are open minded, tolerant, innocent people, loads of extremists out there. They just hide under the anti semitism cloak.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    french people are notoriously racist/antisemitic. of course it's foul. french people have been gassed up about the idea of french "culture" for so long they actually think it means something beyond the fact that their collective mindstate is stuck in medieval times.

No medieval culture is that liberal
  • Gripsta77
    Gripsta77 Members Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

liberal? french people aren't very liberal if you're talking about politics. they embrace fascism casually.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair, ? those hook nosed ?
  • LUClEN
    Options

liberal? french people aren't very liberal if you're talking about politics. they embrace fascism casually.

On immigration maybe
    But when it comes to sex, health care, income inequality, education and whatnot they're up there with the Nordic countries
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U asking me if i care about Jews?
  • SneakDZA
    Options

On immigration maybe
    But when it comes to sex, health care, income inequality, education and whatnot they're up there with the Nordic countries

i meant in more of a barbaric, unhygienic, xenophobic, classist and sexist way.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I gives no ? .