Nah too much. Imma edit
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is old but still really funny.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The saddest fact I've learned is nobody matters less to our society than young black women. Nobody."
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Summary of the important stuff?

• Stephen-r
    Stephen-r Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    Options
    if he did it to a white girl things would get real
    go on r Kelly do it
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why you gotta bring up old stuff
  • Stephen-r
    Stephen-r Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen-r wrote: »
    how is it funny
    if true he should be caught and strung up I would ? him if it was my daughter and then let my dog ? him

steve11711.gif

this post makes me very uncomfortable

you have altered my words
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Summary of the important stuff?

I was one of those people who challenged DeRogatis and was even flip about his judgment -- something I quickly came to regret. DeRogatis and I have tangled -- even feuded on air -- over the years; yet, amid the Twitter barbs, he approached me offline and told me about how one of Kelly's victims called him in the middle of the night after his Pitchfork review came out, to thank him for caring when no one else did. He told me of mothers crying on his shoulder, seeing the scars of a suicide attempt on a girl's wrists, the fear in their eyes. He detailed an aftermath that the public has never had to bear witness to.

DeRogatis offered to give me access to every file and transcript he has collected in reporting this story -- as he has to other reporters and journalists, none of whom has ever looked into the matter, thus relegating it to one man's personal crusade.

I thought that last fact merited a public conversation about why.

In this interview (which has been condensed significantly), DeRogatis speaks frankly and explicitly about the many disturbing charges against Kelly and says, ultimately, "The saddest fact I've learned is nobody matters less to our society than young black women. Nobody."

rest of the text put in spoiler to avoid scrolling, and this was just the first page, it's too early for this.
    The next day at the Sun-Times, we got this anonymous fax -- we didn't know where it came from. It said: R. Kelly's been under investigation for two years by the sex-crimes unit of the Chicago police. And I threw it on the corner of my desk. I thought, "player-hater." Now, from the beginning, there were rumors that Kelly likes them young. And there'd been this Aaliyah thing -- Vibe printed, without much commentary and no reporting, the marriage certificate. Kelly or someone had falsified her age as 18. There was that. So all this is floating in the air. This fax arrives and I think, "Oh, this is somebody playing with this." But there was something that nagged at me as a reporter. There were specific names, specific dates, and those great, long Polish cop names. And you're not going to make that ? up. So I went to the city desk and I asked, "What do we do with this?" They said, Abdon Pallasch is the courts reporter, why don't you two look into it and see if there's anything there? And it turns out there had been lawsuits that had been filed that had never been reported.

When you cover the courts in Chicago or any city, you go twice a day and you go through the bin of cases that have been filed and every once in a while Michael Jordan's been sued or someone went bankrupt and it's this sexy story and you pull it out. These suits had been filed at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Ain't no reporter working at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve, and they flew under the radar. So we had these lawsuits that were explosive and we didn't understand why nobody had reported them.

Explosive in what regard?

They were stomach-churning. The one young woman, who had been 14 or 15 when R. Kelly began a relationship with her, detailed in great length, in her affidavits, a sexual relationship that began at Kenwood Academy: He would go back in the early years of his success and go to Lina McLin's gospel choir class. She's a legend in Chicago, gospel royalty. He would go to her sophomore class and hook up with girls afterward and have sex with them. Sometimes buy them a pair of sneakers. Sometimes just letting them hang out in his presence in the recording studio. She detailed the sexual relationship that she was scarred by. It lasted about one and a half to two years, and then he dumped her and she slit her wrists, tried to ? herself. Other girls were involved. She recruited other girls. He picked up other girls and made them all have sex together. A level of specificity that was pretty disgusting.

Her lawsuit was hundreds of pages long, and Kelly countersued. The countersuit was, like, 10 pages long: "None of this is true!" We began our reporting. We knocked on a lot of doors. The lawsuits, the two that we had found initially, had been settled. Kelly had paid the women and their families money and the settlements were sealed by the court. But of course, the initial lawsuits remain part of the public record.

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why should anybody really give a ? . yeah he was wrong but they were old enough to know what they were doing. ifit wasn't r Kelly they would have given it up to someone else..May have been another 15 years old maybe not. dude still one of the greatest contemporary r&b artists.oh and those girls ain't care about themselves
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember that AskRKelly campaign on twitter? The utmost hilarity my ? . Anyway, I'm not reading a dissertation, I saw the tape. Scust.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She helped recruit girls smh
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people were on some ride or die ? with r Kelly during his trial, thus ? should be in prison.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've always considered out of court settlements as an admission of guilt.

So this is no worse than MJ paying off muliple kids in the past.

Celeb ? 's are real...very real.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I've always considered out of court settlements as an admission of guilt.

So this is no worse than MJ paying off muliple kids in the past.

Celeb ? 's are real...very real.

I wouldn't say an admission of guilt, it's closer to pleadin no contest. Saying that there's enough evidence to convict you, so you don't want to fight it. I feel you though, settlements do make you look bad.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And don't this ? gotta a daughter that became a son? Jaya to Jay.

Think on that for a moment...daddy/daughter time must of been an ordeal for the confused child.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    He got off because of his money and he's a celeb.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sexual assault my ass, the activities were consentual. Them girls knew what they wanted.
    Most black girls like older men. While white girls like younger boys.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Sexual assault my ass, the activities were consentual. Them girls knew what they wanted.

Doesn't mean it's OK for a grown ass man to take advantage and exploit young teenage girls. It's some sick ass ? wtf is appealing about 13-14 yr olds.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    how is it funny
    if true he should be caught and strung up I would ? him if it was my daughter and then let my dog ? him

steve11711.gif

this post makes me very uncomfortable

you have altered my words

Notice how he edited his original post. Talkin bout i altered it smh
  • _Lefty
    edited August 2014
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

I posted a gif, but ? that. C'mon B. Rethink that one. I understand what you sayin, but at the same time, ? what are you sayin?