Official Battle Rap Thread 2K14: FOF!

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thnks ... Why is Daylyt dressed like Niño Brown?
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xcel got that. Hes got a nice flow to compliment his bars and punchlines. If he plans to make it to the bigger stage he might have to slow it down a bit. Definitely wanna see him on a bigger stage soon tho.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Ice s production tho...I can't say enough about it
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im surprised no one has any bars about how Xcel looks like Papoose lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Swore a few ? in here said they aint see nothing special bout Xcel a few months ago..this is the best Xcel I seen since the Daylyt battle ironically.

He seemed to finally get it after losing to Brooklyn Carter earlier this year, and not f5oing enough in his 3 way battle with 100 bulletz n lotta zay.

He's only been battling on cam for a little over a year.

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO the "big stage" is part of the problem as far as things becoming watered down over the past couple years. Part of why these PG and smaller venue battles are more likely to come off as classic or highly entertaining is because the artists are allowed to flow fluently.

All this slow down, stop here, accentuate your punch like everybody else, etc is part of what has more popular veteran battlers looking so shaky and lame at recent events. The big crowds, and pandering to them, contributes to making ? worse IMO. I don't think being successful on a "bigger stage" makes one better. But it likely pays more for obvious reasons.

Sidenote shout to that Stash bar about battle rappers and their on stage gestures/arm movements. Hilarious ? .
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye verb on angry fan radio
    i never heard a ? dance around questions like this ? verb did lol
    http://youtu.be/v1bQPdqJHoc
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn
    1of1 wrote: »
    IMO the "big stage" is part of the problem as far as things becoming watered down over the past couple years. Part of why these PG and smaller venue battles are more likely to come off as classic or highly entertaining is because the artists are allowed to flow fluently.

All this slow down, stop here, accentuate your punch like everybody else, etc is part of what has more popular veteran battlers looking so shaky and lame at recent events. The big crowds, and pandering to them, contributes to making ? worse IMO. I don't think being successful on a "bigger stage" makes one better. But it likely pays more for obvious reasons.

Sidenote shout to that Stash bar about battle rappers and their on stage gestures/arm movements. Hilarious ? .

I agree, It's the worst when your watching a battle in a big room and you can see the battler has wrote his ? in expectance of reactions for certain lines, and when the crowd don't react they stood there looking dumb.

Also big rooms seem to cater to basic bars, always get huge reaction from wackass bars in large room settings and the fire ? usually gets no reaction.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brizz
    Xcel
    Prep

those are about the only PGs im interested in. Dont u mention no ? Prez Mafia and u best not part your lips to bring up Ah Di Boom
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    As far as URL- in 2013 and 2014 the PGs have been 100% carrying the league. you can even stretch that to the 2nd half of 2012 with everything post JC vs. Chilla

The best battles have come from Revelations/Born Legacy type crowds. there hasnt been one classic or one good big stage event on URL since Lux & Serius came back

Meanwhile GW, KOTD are all having their "main event" cards with little to no issues, no one arguing over time limits, crowds not ruining battles picking favorites mid round and basically drowning out the other rapper with fuckery.

theres always a choke or stumble but ever since Mook basically bragged he was getting 20k to put on that tranquilizer with Solomon, making half a round about how much u get paid or the next mans pocket has become a topic in URL battles, giving sloppy half assed performances where u spend half the battle pausing & staring into the crowd trying to fish for reaction or battles where ? are just getting into shouting matches while waving their arms around sayin next to nothing or ? we heard 4-5x already is the norm for URL.

i am still on the fence about GOING to SM4 but i do know now that less & less of that % will be about the battles. go ? figure
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah seems some battlers just show up for the cheque (Verb on KOTD) As far as Xcel goes. Thats my first time watching him. Very impressive. I dont know how SM4 is gonna pan out. Ive always wanted to attend a URL event to see how it compares to KOTD. Might take a trip down to NY next year for SM5
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KOTD runs the business side better than URL but their battles have been just as average (mostly because they use the same ? ).

But Smack gotta figure out what's most important between the extra money he gets from selling more tickets or the quality of the battles cause their last couple of big stage battles have been trash.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smack need to do more events outside of ny, simple as that
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    KOTD runs the business side better than URL but their battles have been just as average (mostly because they use the same ? ).

Nah I disagree KOTD past two main events were on point and even got some classic battles out of it and if anything they switch they're battle rappers up unlike Smack.

With Kotd you get more classics cause you get a combination of Smack and Kotd top tiers such as K shine vs Pass and Math vs Dizaster as well as up and coming underdogs like Danny Myers and Big K, so in hindsight you get the best of both worlds.

And theyre matchups are more acurate reason why theyre BOLA trailers really leave you anticipating theyre main events,where as Smack trailers you can already predict its gonna be weak.

Smacks proving grounds is better than his main events, Charlie vs Tay was on of his best battles he had in a minute out of nome and summer madness.

Smack needs a new line up of top tiers quick...Rawsteen, T top,Brooklyn carter are dope..Someone like Organik would snatch them up quick and put them on a card,he would of got Ill Will if it weren't for his contract.

• 1of1
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    Aye verb on angry fan radio
    i never heard a ? dance around questions like this ? verb did lol
    http://youtu.be/v1bQPdqJHoc
    Verb can be ridiculous at times. He doesn't take criticism well. He did so much dancing that it stretched the convo out. Dude sounds all fidgety and disturbed ? is wrong wit that boy?

"You lost"

"But what does that mean?"

"Muthafucka it means you lost"

"So am I supposed to lose sleep or something"

"You know what just ? "
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DUB wrote: »
    smack need to do more events outside of ny, simple as that

But then Smack wouldn't be able to stand next to Jadakiss and wait for his reactions.

And without that they can't move the culture forward
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Proving Grounds: Stash vs Xcel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4vVjlI2Nw

Stash took round 1 clearly.
    Xcel took round 2.
    Stash edged out round 3 in a close one.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    aka40Cal wrote: »
    Yeah seems some battlers just show up for the cheque (Verb on KOTD) As far as Xcel goes. Thats my first time watching him. Very impressive. I dont know how SM4 is gonna pan out. Ive always wanted to attend a URL event to see how it compares to KOTD. Might take a trip down to NY next year for SM5

Xcel vs Brooklyn Carter | TrapHouse NY: http://youtu.be/OcSRMsqxSZk
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black ice cartel
    Da example vs pro Caine
    http://youtu.be/oxMdkHdcbUM
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1of1
    Options
    Ms. Hustle is gonna battle H.A. Double
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ms.Hustle got beat up by phara funeral. Lol ? aint been the same since.
  • 1of1
    Options
    Charron won that clearly. 3-0. B Magic is way more smooth with the flow but he's generic with the substance. Charron came with tailor made bars and his rebuttal game was strong. He made a consistent effort to tear B Magic down.

90% of Charron's win is based on the substance. His delivery definitely isn't the strong part of what he brings to the table.
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B muthafucc'n Magic
This discussion has been closed.