Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what being "Racially Profiled" actually is. It doesn't have to have anything to do with the thought that you may be guilty of a crime.

Definition:

Racial profiling is the use of an individual’s race or ethnicity by law enforcement personnel as a key factor in deciding whether to engage in enforcement.

You think that Cop treats two White Kids like that?

Sounds like to tried to get deep with something you didn't really understand.

That's not exactly how racial profiling is understood in the academic literature (unless "enforcement" is understood in a certain way).

You know, just maybe, Wikipedia is not necessarily an authoritative source.

Anyway, racial profiling is when law enforcement personnel use race in any way, shape or form in deciding who to stop, question, detain, or place under surveillance. It is based on stereotypes or generalizations about who has, or is likely, to commit a crime. Race is, as the literature says, a "proxy" for engaging in criminal activity.

If an officer just decides to beat up the next black man he sees and he walks up to one and beats him up for no reason, that is not racial profiling. Yes, race was why he targeted him, and it is presumably a form of racism. But if there was no suspicion that the man was involved in a crime it is not a case of racial profiling.

Some people act like our only problem is the stereotypes people have about us. Yes, that's a problem. But it is not the only one. Sometimes they just don't like us because we're black. Period.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh this is crazy
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did the media request something that they weren't aware of? The ? was this man saying?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reporters should have said the media wants the picture of the cop, y can't we get that if we can get a unrelated video
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, due to the fact that the chief acknowledges that Darren Wilson (or whatever his name is) knew nothing of the strong arm robbery, that should render the video footage and incident at the store irrelevant. It had no influence on what happened at the scene of the shooting.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There's an obvious disconnect between that police chief and the rest of world. He kept telling the journalist they asked for the video when they asked him why he would release a video that had no connection to the incident at hand.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »

But the chief just said the incidents were completely separate! Officer didn't know about the alleged robber when he confronted him. The FACTS aren't looking good for the Police right here

That's all game

Because the tape is having the desired effect/affect

Absolutely it's a game but now it's EXTREMELY easy to see through even the damn MEDIA is like "huh"?. The police chief handled it alllll wrong to his desired narrative.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew they would pull something out to make it his fault, they did the same with Trayvon but you can clearly see Mike Brown stealing but you didn't see it with Trayvon. Still doesn't justify killing him over some cigarillos, he didn't ? the store clerk or do any ? harm to him
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Damn who elected the police chief? He's a ?

Black people in Ferguson
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That police officer knew absolutely NOTHING about an alleged robbery. This is nothing but character assassination courtesy of the Ferguson police department.

Exactly!!!!!! Because if he knew then he would've approach Brown as an ID of a robbery
  • Stiff
    Options
    ^^^ This throws the "fleeing felon" in use of deadly force context out the window
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I knew they would pull something out to make it his fault, they did the same with Trayvon but you can clearly see Mike Brown stealing but you didn't see it with Trayvon. Still doesn't justify killing him over some cigarillos, he didn't ? the store clerk or do any ? harm to him

they tried to play the whole "hoodie" thing and bring out pictures of dude smoking weed and stuff...smh...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those trying to vilify us who are just being brutally honest about that video:

Its not even really about the prosecution of this case. B/c they was probly gon let dude get off anyway. This video effects these types of situations going forward. Its dead wrong but, it is what it is...straight up, that video is not a good look. This is a big fukin stage. An international stage.

Its too soon to go into further detail and i dont trust most of yall to be able to honestly discuss it and seperate it from the actual murder, so i'll just leave it at that. Again, HIS KILLING WAS STILL NOT JUSTIFIED. I leave that for the simple minded , 'Oh, so you sayin...' nggas.
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now things get very interesting...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That vid did ease the minds of those "i'm not racist just pro white" dude tho.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

The killing has nothing to do with the ? he stole.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can see it now if this goes to trial. ..

white jury... check...

character assassination. .. check. .

saying sense he stole the cigarellos he could have hit the police officer... check..

Cop walks off free...
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swishers tho?????????

Whites and ? alike LOVE the fact that he 'strong armed' someone over Swishers... ? swishers
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought the cop was going off a description?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

cop admittedly didn't know about the robbery
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    That police officer knew absolutely NOTHING about an alleged robbery. This is nothing but character assassination courtesy of the Ferguson police department.

Exactly!!!!!! Because if he knew then he would've approach Brown as an ID of a robbery

i didn't see this. what was said about that whole thing?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the description of the robbery suspect would have had to go out over the radio communications, i would think
  • Stiff
    Options
    "The media made me do it! I didn't want to tell you he was a strongarming thug hoodlum it was the media that made me!" -- Ferguson Police chief

Also funfact: The Ferguson police department has 3 black police officers out of about 56. At the press conference 2 black officers were standing behind the police chief as he answered questions. Coincidence?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Darren Wilson did not know about the robbery thats what the chief said.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    the description of the robbery suspect would have had to go out over the radio communications, i would think

As a BOLO (Be On The Lookout). This ? is weird.